Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (books & TV show)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
His accent along with Jamie's accent aren't the best

The actor is actually Danish, and what makes me LOL is that for some reason his British comes across sounding like a southern drawl sometimes. Or, not even a southern drawl but downright cowboy speak! There's a line he says in the first episode that makes me LOL every time because I think he's going to follow it up by saying, "get along little dawgie" or something.

So, did anyone else have a chance to watch the season two premiere?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! The scene between Littlefinger and Cersei was totally not in the book, from what I remember anyway.. that was really surprising, for a second I thought they might kill him off.

The CGI direwolves were really cool. I expected Dragons but wasn't sure how they would handle the wolves. Loved the direwolf POV scene and how it was mirrored with Bran looking into the water later on. Guess that must be Summer then

Nice to see Dragonstone in the credits now.. I wonder if they will add the other new locations as we go on. Melisandre gave me chills and she works really well for me. Stannis less so but I'm sure he will grow on me. Poor Maester Cresson .. I felt so sorry for him in the books.

I really enjoyed it, although this episode seemed similar to last year's pilot where they have to re-introduce everyone again and get them into place for the ongoing stories. It left me wanting more and can't wait to see more of Arya
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure what their reason for the addition of that scene was, but I loved it! It was really well done. I really love Lena Headey as Cersei. She can convey so much with the shape of her mouth and the look in her eyes. So amazing!

Spoiler:

I can't wait to see Brienne, Asha, and Jaqen H'ghar!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:

Spoiler:

I can't wait to see Brienne, Asha, and Jaqen H'ghar!

Spoiler:

Apparently they are calling Asha, Yara to avoid confusion with Osha. I can't wait to see them either especially Brienne

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so good I'd read an article somewhere that said they were going to start and deviate a little more from the books but I am surprisingly fine with that, especially since the 5 kings don't get POVs so they need expanding.

The second episode has leaked and I don't know whether to watch it or not...huge dilemma!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
It was so good I'd read an article somewhere that said they were going to start and deviate a little more from the books but I am surprisingly fine with that, especially since the 5 kings don't get POVs so they need expanding.

I'm currently still reading the first book (finally about to finishing it though! ) and I noticed that they made a few changes between the book and the show here as well. They added a few scenes in S1 that weren't in the book... probably because the books are limited to certain characters' POVs... but I'm glad about most scenes they added. One of my favourite moments from S1 wasn't in the book, for example. (A scene towards the end of S1 where Varys and Littlefinger stand face-to-face and tell each other how they mistrust and at the same time fearfully respect each other... brilliant!!).

As for S2:

Gah, I love to hate Joffrey!!! The kid who plays him does such a great job because I really, REALLY hate that character!

Just like Paul, I was really worried for a moment that Littlefinger was a goner! I don't want him to die... not yet, at least. He's a very interesting and intruiging character.

I was a little disappointed that there was only a short glimpse of Arya, but I'm looking forward to seeing her again in the next episodes!

I don't know when exactly I became obesessed with GoT but it definitely happened while reading the first book. I liked the first season of the show but I wasn't totally hooked, you know. Thanks to the book though, I think I understand a lot of things much better than I did on the show... relationships, alliances, background stories etc. (It may be a matter of me not being a native English-speaker though. I often don't understand everything that's being said on GoT... it's worse than on any other show).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED that Littlefinger/Varys scene too.. they are a great pairing. As I've gone on in the books.. my favourite scenes are in Kings Landing because of all the Macchiavellian goings on there which intrigue me so much.

You know the archaic/ye olde english language in the books.. do they use a german equivalent? I often have to look up words lol Glad the book hooked you

Becca.. i watched it It was great though, but gonna watch both episodes back to back next week to get me caught up.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
You know the archaic/ye olde english language in the books.. do they use a german equivalent? I often have to look up words lol Glad the book hooked you

Umm, I dunno... I'm reading GoT in English
And yes, the books got me totally hooked. I'm really scared though of any of my favourite characters dying
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I must have misunderstood you. Your english is impeccable so dunno why you'd have trouble with it.

Regarding character deaths I can't really say anything without spoilers
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha... ahhhh. Oh the things I know.

I'm soooo glad so many of us are into the books and show!

Paul: regarding Varys and Littlefinger, they really are such an intriguing pair. I can't even describe how it is between them, but I know you know what I mean. I guess in modern day terms they are like the frenemies concept on crack.

Quote:
I don't know when exactly I became obesessed with GoT but it definitely happened while reading the first book. I liked the first season of the show but I wasn't totally hooked, you know. Thanks to the book though, I think I understand a lot of things much better than I did on the show... relationships, alliances, background stories etc.

Actually, that is the exact same thing that happened to me, too, Karolina! We didn't read the books until after season one. About midway through the season, I was so confused, couldn't keep track of anyone, barely understood what was going on. I was so frustrated that I almost gave up on the show. I'm so glad I didn't! The book made things soooo much clearer!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Sorry. I must have misunderstood you. Your english is impeccable so dunno why you'd have trouble with it.

eloramoon wrote:
Actually, that is the exact same thing that happened to me, too, Karolina! We didn't read the books until after season one. About midway through the season, I was so confused, couldn't keep track of anyone, barely understood what was going on. I was so frustrated that I almost gave up on the show. I'm so glad I didn't! The book made things soooo much clearer!

Don't worry, Paul. And it's just like Julia has described it: While watching S1 (in English) I got REALLY confused about everything that was going on. I figured out the main alliances and relationships alright but there was so much plotting and conspiring going on... it got all mixed up in my mind (And not being a native speaker didn't make it easier in that case ).
I then started reading the books (also in English because they tend to change the names of places, characters etc. in the German versions ) and it helped me a lot to understand a lot of things much better.
That's what I was trying to say.... it was probably a bit confusing, sory about that
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a mother fudging GIANT in the house! Loved this episode with all the Theon stuff. Pyke looks really cool. Finally we get to see Arya too, which was great. She really doesn't look like a boy though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was another great episode. The Theon storyline's gonna be interesting, with him being stuck between his loyalties for the Starks on the one hand and his father on the other hand.

I loved seeing Arya again! Those are my favourite chapters in the second book, too, along with Davos. I like the Bull. (It's Chris from Skins. I like that guy a lot!)

Gah, the show keeps messing with my thoughts & emotions. I used to hate Cersei as much as I hate Joffrey but now I'm not so sure anymore if I still hate her.

The sex stuff is annoying though, imo. What's the point of it, really? The book's (so far) aren't nearly as bad on the sex stuff as the show.

Oooooh, Varys and Littlefinger are quickly becoming my favourites. They're both so twisted! I wish there was more of Littlefinger in the books as well. He's been playing a rather small role in the books so far.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I was practically squealing when they showed the Iron Islands on the map in the opening credits. So cool! Pyke looks exactly like I imagined.

Quote:
Gah, the show keeps messing with my thoughts & emotions. I used to hate Cersei as much as I hate Joffrey but now I'm not so sure anymore if I still hate her.

I hated Cersei in the books, but then someone on Tumblr posted this great analysis of Cersei's character and motivations, and it made me so much more sympathetic. Lena Headey's portrayal of her softens my opinion of her, too.

There are other characters I hated up until a certain point and then either came to love them or at least understand them. It's something GRRM does very well.

Episode two was good but I feel like they're tearing through it. Some of that stuff was from almost halfway through the book. With eight episodes left, it just seems like they're going awfully fast. I feel like we haven't gotten to spend any quality time with anyone, either, but I'm hoping that's just the first couple episodes trying to give everyone their re-introduction. The sex has bothered me more this season than it did the last because it seems way more gratuitous and I'd rather they spend it developing other characters.

Some of the changes they're making I'm ok with. Some not. I'm not especially fond of Roz being a main character when she was barely a side character in the books. I hate the name "Yara" and she is just way too mousy for Asha, I think. In the books she had short black hair so I pictured her as sexy but gritty and tough. Hopefully I'll get used to her.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently that was a white walker and not a giant at the end taking the baby

KajaM wrote:

It does seem like they are humanising Cersei more on the show.. the scene between her and Robert in the first season, where they talk about whether there ever was a time where they truly loved each other was really cool and not in the books at all. It will be interesting to see which way they go with her. I'm pretty sure it was Cersei's call to kill all the bastards in the book, yet in the show it's Joffrey's.

eloramoon wrote:
Episode two was good but I feel like they're tearing through it. Some of that stuff was from almost halfway through the book. With eight episodes left, it just seems like they're going awfully fast. I feel like we haven't gotten to spend any quality time with anyone, either, but I'm hoping that's just the first couple episodes trying to give everyone their re-introduction. The sex has bothered me more this season than it did the last because it seems way more gratuitous and I'd rather they spend it developing other characters.

The way they have rushed the Dragonstone stuff with Stannis has bugged me.. we needed more time with Cressen to feel sorry for him when he died and more background with Davos and Stannis.

I kinda like Ros.. but that might be entirely infatuation as she is very attractive. The sex on the show was pretty crazy in the last episode, but it's something that has to be expected from a channel like HBO. There's gonna be tons of nudity and blasphemy and such. I'd prefer that to nothing at all anywho. The scene where it showed the guy spying on the sex scene, and then Littlefinger spying on the guy was pretty well done visually and thematically. They seem to handle sex for the most part as a plot device, or to show more about characters.

I forgot to mention.. how awesome was Jon's direwolf, Ghost? The last episode with Robb's was pretty good but the CGI seemed outstanding this time round. The dragons look amazing too. Most films nowadays I have to roll my eyes at the CGI but they are doing an excellent job, for the most part on the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: