Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (books & TV show)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How amazing was the season 2 trailer, guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE&feature=g-all-f&context=G2bdf735FAAAAAAAATAA
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched it at least 50 times. I can't wait!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!
Guh, I would love to slap Joffrey SOOO much!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only recently read that conversation between Varys and Tyrion so it was awesome to see it realised. Gave me chills! Can't wait
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost finished book 2.. spoilers abound

Spoiler:

OMFG I almost lost it when I thought Bran, Rickon, Hodor, Asha and the direwolves had all been slaughtered. Damn you George R.R. Martin and your clever writing. SO glad they never died. Theon is still a little bitch though for killing children.

The end of the book has me excited in like every storyline. It should be a great new season

Man I hate people spoiling stuff, just cause they've read the books. I've had the same problems as you, Karolina. I was reading the comments for the new promo pics for season 2 (on the official facebook page) and people are suggesting that characters die. It annoys me even when people talk about characters in book 5 or something and how amazing it is, not realising that it's a spoiler that they are even alive by then *shakes head*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG spoilers for mid book 3. Please avoid if you haven't read that far.

Spoiler:

So I got to the infamous 'red wedding' which I had heard referenced but wasn't quite sure what it was. I figured it was a wedding where people got killed but was hoping it was on the Lannister side not the Stark I'm like so deflated reading the books now. Even some of the northmen turned against Robb so it makes me think what's the point in rooting for the whole King in the North thing anymore.. That Lord Walder, he just sickens me. Please die like now What upset me the most is that Robb and Catelyn die thinking that Bran, Rickon and most likely Arya are dead and also that Sansa is wed to their worst enemies. It's just eurgh. Arya was SO close to being reunited with her mother. Starks can never seem to catch a break

Also damn you George R.R. Martin for making me ship Jaime and Brienne. I feel dirty.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've started reading the first book. It took me a few chapters to get into it (... because I already know what's going to happen), but I got really sucked into it at some point. I really like Martin's writing style.
I really doubt that I'll make it to the second book before S2 starts in April, but I'll try my best
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Spoiler:

So I got to the infamous 'red wedding' which I had heard referenced but wasn't quite sure what it was. I figured it was a wedding where people got killed but was hoping it was on the Lannister side not the Stark I'm like so deflated reading the books now. Even some of the northmen turned against Robb so it makes me think what's the point in rooting for the whole King in the North thing anymore.. That Lord Walder, he just sickens me. Please die like now What upset me the most is that Robb and Catelyn die thinking that Bran, Rickon and most likely Arya are dead and also that Sansa is wed to their worst enemies. It's just eurgh. Arya was SO close to being reunited with her mother. Starks can never seem to catch a break

Also damn you George R.R. Martin for making me ship Jaime and Brienne. I feel dirty.

Spoiler:

It's really sad how all the bad stuff seems to happen to the Starks. They're my favourite house but it's as though all the especially tragic events are saved for them.
I never thought I would like Jaime Lannister but then along came Brienne and now I love him I never know where I stand with characters in this series.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's really sad how all the bad stuff seems to happen to the Starks. They're my favourite house but it's as though all the especially tragic events are saved for them.
I never thought I would like Jaime Lannister but then along came Brienne and now I love him I never know where I stand with characters in this series.

Spoiler:

How far have you read? I'm about a third of the way into book 4 now. I feel I need to almost spoiler tag within a spoiler tag possibly

The Starks do have it rough..it really sucks.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read all 5 of the books. I think reading the series has made me even more obsessed with the whole Game Of Thrones universe, I don't think I've been so excited for a show's return since Lost.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives me chills seeing dialogue from the books, in previews and such. Don't think it's going to take away my enjoyment of watching with me knowing what's going to happen.. it's just flipped it to another POV that is just as awesome.

One week!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't finished the first book and I really, really doubt that I'll be able to finish it before S2 starts. I don't know why it's taking me so long

Anyway, I love all the teasers, trailers and promos for S2! They are all amazing. I like the new one as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il7FT4p2jqE

Joffrey beeing all bruised and bloodied? Hell yes, bring it on!!!!

The bits with Tyrion look soooo good, too! He's my favourite so far next to Arya and Jon Snow.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I still haven't finished the first book and I really, really doubt that I'll be able to finish it before S2 starts. I don't know why it's taking me so long

Because it's a bloody giant book? It's probably because you know what's going to happen aswell.

Tyrion is like the only character I can't picture the same in the book.. I wonder what Peter Dinklage would have looked like with gruesome papier mache make up on his face lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Tyrion is like the only character I can't picture the same in the book.. I wonder what Peter Dinklage would have looked like with gruesome papier mache make up on his face lol

Yeah, I agree. Tyrion is described as being quite ugly and having a rather deformed face. So Peter Dinklage is actually much too pretty for the role! (I love him as Tyrion though because he sure has this clever and sly courage!)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His accent along with Jamie's accent aren't the best but gotta love the Dinklage. Who else could have played him so well? Warwick Davis maybe I think I prefer Tyrion's character in the book but he's still one of my favourites on the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: