Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ordinary - Arya Stark" by KajaM (Game of Thrones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: "Ordinary - Arya Stark" by KajaM (Game of Thrones Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Ordinary - Arya Stark" 01-08-2012
Belated wishlist gift for Paul. Arya Stark is anything but ordinary!
Fandom: Game of Thrones
Song: Ordinary by Katie Trotta
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 2:57 min. (93MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9mbiwxxZA

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Karolina!

I love Game of Thrones a lot so glad you chose that for me. The song was really haunting and fit Arya very well. The almost lens flare type swishes you had going across the screen were so beautiful and all the scenes you chose were sweet and touching.

I've been reading the books aswell and they are really good. They are pretty much the same story but still awesome. After Game of Thrones i am gonna read The Hunger Games which I know you love.

Can't wait for season 2! This video got me excited. Hope you make more ones in the future from this series.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Paul! I'm so happy you like it so much!

You know, I was really excited when I saw GoT on your wishlist, and especially Arya and Jon Snow. They're my favourite characters, too, along with Tyrion.
I was really looking forward to be vidding GoT for the first time. Visually, the show really is a vidder's dream come true! So stunning!
So, yep, I think I'd like to make more GoT vids in the future.

Quote:
I've been reading the books aswell and they are really good. They are pretty much the same story but still awesome. After Game of Thrones i am gonna read The Hunger Games which I know you love.

I'm not sure if I have the patience to read the books. There are so many already and they're all so long

And yay for the Hunger Games! I hope you'll enjoy the books as much as many of us around here did

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Ordinary - Arya Stark by KajaM Reply with quote

OH MY GAAAAAH! That was soooo amazing, Karolina! Arya is my favorite character, so I almost passed out from the squee when I saw this on the main page. Such a great video and really such a perfect song. I'm so glad you made this! Make more please!!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

I'm not sure if I have the patience to read the books. There are so many already and they're all so long

Tell me about it. I am 500 pages into the first book and only 2/3 the way through. Debating whether to spoil myself with the books or follow along with the tv series..

KajaM wrote:
You know, I was really excited when I saw GoT on your wishlist, and especially Arya and Jon Snow. They're my favourite characters, too, along with Tyrion.

I love book Tyrion and show Tyrion. He's a great character. Peter Dinklage's accent is a bit off putting to me, kinda like an american attempting an English accent and hamming it up to much. That puts him down a peg or two on the show for me but Peter Dinklage is awesome and he's a great actor, apart from the dodgy accent.

Everyone on the show is great. I even love LittleFinger. He reminds me of Ben with his super manipulative ways and charm.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you so much, Julia!!!
How can anyone not like Arya, huh? She's such a star and such an amazingly strong and brave (and stubborn ) little girl.

I'd like to make more... maybe for Jon Snow or the Stark family in general. I'll see if I can find any good songs
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, you two, you HAVE to read the books!!! Ok, you don't *have* to, but they are AWESOME!!!

I am about halfway through book four right now, and I was reading book two at Christmas. I'm normally a really slow reader but I have devoured this series. I thought about waiting for each season, too, but after reading the first book (after watching the first season of the show), I couldn't wait to see what happens.

And, I can't even tell you how amazing it is!!!

I love Jon, too, so I hope you will do a Jon vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we cross-posted, Paul

Polarbear wrote:

Tell me about it. I am 500 pages into the first book and only 2/3 the way through. Debating whether to spoil myself with the books or follow along with the tv series..

I'm the same with the TWD comics. I'm curious to read them. At the same time, I really don't wanna spoil myself (although I know that they keep changing the storylines on TWD).
Not sure.
I think I'll stick with the show though, on both - TWD and GoT.

Quote:
I love book Tyrion and show Tyrion. He's a great character. Peter Dinklage's accent is a bit off putting to me, kinda like an american attempting an English accent and hamming it up to much. That puts him down a peg or two on the show for me but Peter Dinklage is awesome and he's a great actor, apart from the dodgy accent.

I agree about the accent.
Peter Dinklage was an amazing choice though. He plays Tyrion in such a wonderfully sarcastic and snarky way. I love it!

Quote:
Everyone on the show is great. I even love LittleFinger. He reminds me of Ben with his super manipulative ways and charm.

I enjoyed all the Littlefinger/Varys moments so much. Those two could easily be my favourite "ship" on the show
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I cross-posted Julia as well!

I heard that GoT is really complex and a bit complicated though, because the POV keeps changing all the time and there are so many characters.

Is that right, Julia?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Varys and LittleFinger could never consumate their relationship because Varys is a eunuch.. or does that make it even more poignant?

Julia I am loving the books or book I should say. It's taking me the longest time to read the first one but I'm ramping up speed now and should have it finished in no time.

What I've noticed about the books is that characters like Rob for instance don't have any POV chapters (so far anyway) so it seems like the show can flesh these characters out a bit more which is great. Don't find it hard to follow in the books.. it feels like Lost because its all so character centric. There also aren't actually that many characters it focuses on in the books. I'm sure Julia can elaborate more than me though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But Varys and LittleFinger could never consumate their relationship because Varys is a eunuch.. or does that make it even more poignant?

Ummmm, my love for this ship doesn't go quite that far yet
I'm all happy with the two of them just conspiring and intriguing

Btw, do we have a GoT thread in the Other Fandoms Talk?? I don't think so.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Ordinary - Arya Stark by KajaM Reply with quote

I haven't seen this show but I was told I was need too. I loved the coloring/softness of the video. I loved the hazey effects; very nicely done.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Brooke! It is a great show but you need to be prepared for quite a bit of graphic violence and sex. I'm not a squeamish person, but I was really shocked at a few scenes.
The actors are great though and the settings and the whole visuals are really stunning.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely need a GoT thread.

Yeah, the story is told from alternating POVs. There are also a lot more characters introduced after the first book. It can be really hard to keep them all straight sometimes, so I have a Wiki bookmarked and refer to it often.

Something cool that this series has in common with Lost is the way you begin to see that some of the good guys aren't that good, and some of the bad guys aren't that bad. You begin to question what side you should be on. That definitely reminds me of Lost.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was beautifully done! Seeing those moments with Ned again can't help but make me teary-eyed. *Sean Bean fangirl 4-EVAH* Seriously, though, it was so painful to have Arya there and him seeing her and knowing she was going to watch him die and there was nothing he could do to spare her that or protect her from what was to come... *sniffles*

The song and the coloring/effects were really perfect for this! Fantastic work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: