Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Youtube/Gmail problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Youtube/Gmail problem Reply with quote

Hi guys!Long time no see!
I don't know if any of you have that kind of problem but stupid YT won't let me log in into my channel.This thing happen one month ago it somehow connected with my gmail account and not is says that i can't log into my YT account.I am writing the password and the username correctly but it says i can't use my old YT password so i should use my gmail one,but after that it logs me in with my gmail account!Stupid YT and Google!I hate them!
Is this thing happen to anyone of you guys?I am desperate!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't happened to me but then I haven't logged out of YouTube for a long time :S The G-Mail thing was SO annoying though!! I had to create an account just so I could log on to YouTube. It was ridiculous. And now all my YouTube emails go to G-Mail instead of the address I originally put on there and I have no idea how to change it

Have you tried googling the problem or looking on the YouTube help forums?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Borislava! It's great to see you again!

Ugh, the Gmail/Youtube thing is SO annoying! Back a couple of months ago, it tried to force me to link my account with my Gmail, which I didn't want to do. So I associated it with a different email account and now if I'm logged into Gmail, it won't let me have access to my Youtube account until I log out of Gmail and in under my new account.

I do know that your old Youtube password will no longer work. Can you log in with your Youtube name but your Gmail password? If so, what account comes up? It ought to let you have your Youtube account/name. If you use your Gmail name and password, it's like it's a different account. That's what happens to me if I'm still logged into Gmail and I go to Youtube: it shows that I'm "logged in" as my Gmail name and I don't have access to my original Youtube account. But signing in with my YT name and the other password seems to work.

Good luck, I hope you can get it to work for you! It's really annoying that they forced this on everybody!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to merge my Google account and Youtube a few months ago. I had actually forgotten I even had an account with Google.I think I'd only used it once or twice a few years ago.

I actually was able to for the most part retain my Youtube information.I found that I could keep some of my info the same on Youtube if I edited my Google account to have the same info. I don't know what kind of effect this would have on G-mail though. I only had to make a few tweaks and I kept my Youtube info.

I think it should have remained optional to merge the two and I wish they had an opt-out. It is really irritating to be logged into all Google services just because I'm on Youtube.

Macaila
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sooo miserable i can't access the account ,i tried everything and i am still looking for an answer on the web.
Thank you for the answers guys!I will let you know if i resolve this stupid problem!I am so annoyed!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to get onto Gmail; log on and THEN go to Youtube to see if it lets you?

Or make a dummy account and access YT's help if they don't let you use help without an account? They could possibly have your answers.
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized the gmail is the reason I can not access my YT account. I un-connected my fphorses gmail - cause I had to get a new email name and now I can not login at all.... My video's are still up, it just tells me that there is a "phantom" account for fphorses, but it wont let me access it???

I had to create a THIRD YT account, this really sucks...

also they are making sweeps on copyright stuff again, I just got this on an OLD sawyer video I did back in 2007. What is crazy is that I never had any strikes and the account is still up, just the video has this???...

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared to even check my YouTube account.

I hope you get it figured out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: