Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save Community
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Community is likely to be renewed.

YAY
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! I'm so excited!

art by me&tammy
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just squee a little more over THIS?

Danny Pudi is a daddy!

art by me&tammy
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-renews-community-323145

It's official! Community has been renewed! And I'm so excited I had to share.

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK GOODNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three new episodes the other night were soooooooooooo cute!

You could tell the finale was set-up as the series finale if necessary, so it made me a little teary-eyed and so glad that we get thirteen more episodes.

ETA: And, bad news.

Quote:
As reported by Joe Adalian at Vulture, the studio took issue with both the esoteric creative direction Harmon took the show in and with his at times very abrasive management style.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/can-community-work-without-dan-harmon

It sounds like with Harmon gone, we may be at the end of blanket forts, paint ball, and epic genre homages. I hope not, but that is what makes Community what it is.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to watch Community all in a row or can you pick and choose episodes? I've seen about four or five episodes and really liked them and would prefer to watch random episodes.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video game episode was one of the funniest eps of this entire season. I laughed SO hard at Shirley and Annie killing the blacksmith and his wife!!

And the final two episodes were perfect. I love Troy SO much!!! And the "six seasons and a movie" at the end got me teary.

I'm NOT happy about Dan Harmon getting fired. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever hear. Community without Harmon just ISN'T the same Community - but at the same time, I'm not going to stop watching over this. I hope that the people they hire to replace him will keep the spirit of Community alive.

Paul, yes, you can pick and choose, but like with any show it's SOO much better to watch from the beginning. Why would you prefer to watch random episodes, anyway?? That just makes no sense to me! If you like the show, why not watch the whole thing?

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like with The IT Crowd, you can dip in and out, I like doing that too but Community has its bigger plot lines as well as episodic, like this season with the rise of Chang etc. So if you want that to make sense you should probably start from the beginning

I agree the video game was so funny!! I haven't commented on Harmon leaving but it's so stupid. I don't understand the television industry sometimes.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did watch the first two episodes but couldn't get into it. I think the love story between the blondie and Joel Mchale annoyed me. The one off episodes do seem to be pretty amazing though. Maybe I'll give it another go from the beginning at some point It's nice to know it's going to get an ending now.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get in to it until like the 6th episode
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, it really doesn't hit its stride until about 3/4 of the way through the first season. Not to say that the episodes prior to that aren't good. It's just that they find their niche around that certain point. Community has some of the most unique and epic episodes of any TV show I've ever seen, so I hope you'll stick with it.

Quote:
The video game episode was one of the funniest eps of this entire season. I laughed SO hard at Shirley and Annie killing the blacksmith and his wife!!

OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHA! I'm LMAO just thinking about it. I can't remember exactly the line Shirley said when she killed the wife, but it was priceless!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I did watch the first two episodes but couldn't get into it. I think the love story between the blondie and Joel Mchale annoyed me. The one off episodes do seem to be pretty amazing though. Maybe I'll give it another go from the beginning at some point It's nice to know it's going to get an ending now.

Well, I won't argue with you about Jeff/Britta because I totally agree, but they back off on that soon enough.

Maybe I'm the weird one but I loved it from the start, man, I thought it was perfect straight from the beginning.

I'm worried about Season 4 though. Not only is Dan Harmon leaving, but most of his writing staff is....we're getting a bunch of new writers and it makes me nervous. The last show I watched after the showrunner/creator left was Supernatural, and imo it all just went to shit after Eric Kripke left. I'm hoping Community can hold together because if S4 sucks then I'm honestly just going to wish it had been cancelled and I sure don't want that either!

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I
Quote:
'm worried about Season 4 though. Not only is Dan Harmon leaving, but most of his writing staff is....we're getting a bunch of new writers and it makes me nervous. The last show I watched after the showrunner/creator left was Supernatural, and imo it all just went to shit after Eric Kripke left. I'm hoping Community can hold together because if S4 sucks then I'm honestly just going to wish it had been cancelled and I sure don't want that either!

I'm worried, too. I hope it will be okay!

If nothing else, at least the season finale was a good send-off. If worse comes to worse (which hopefully it won't) then we can just imagine season four never happened.

You're right, though. Even though it didn't seem to find its groove until later in season one, it was still good before that. Really good. The group dynamic is so amazing, I just have to believe that will be worth watching, no matter what the writing is like. Hopefully!

Aw, I didn't know that happened with Supernatural. I was wondering because everyone loved it so much and then seemed kinda miffed at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: