Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Between Nature and Grace" by Brooke (Tree Of Lif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: "Between Nature and Grace" by Brooke (Tree Of Lif Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Between Nature and Grace" 11-11-2011
Tree of Life Crossed over with Lost. More info at YT
Fandom: Tree Of Life/Lost
Song: Ghost Return Ambient Version by Moby
Vidder: Brooke
Length: 3:03 (24.3MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03yanP7OG60&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03yanP7OG60&feature=youtu.be

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fantastic Brooke. I was really drawn into the vid. I loved the atmosphere and how Kate was always watching with such a sad look on her face! It was cool seeing Jack grown up. I wasn't expecting that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

Thank you Nikki. I am glad you liked the twist. It just came to me and I was like "I hope people are okay with Jack being Kate's son." Thank you.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

I really liked this Brooke! Your manips were great and it was such a cool twist to have Jack as Kate's son LOL. I voted gold, awesome job
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

Thank you so much Jemma. I'm glad the whole Jack/Kate mom thing is a nice twist.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

That was a really good crossover, Brooke!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, that was such an awesome twist having Kate being Jack's mom and it worked so well! That was really a beautiful crossover, it actually felt like it was Jack's backstory! Great work, I loved it!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that I really hated this movie. I was about the switch it off after the first 30 minutes, but I did sit through it in the end. I think it was just too weird and bizarre for my taste.

This doesn't change anyhting about the fact that you did a fabulous job here! I love Kate as the mom and Jack as the "grown-up version" of her son. The parallels... Jack playing piano and sitting in the church like his father did... were so well done and I like how you implemented the idea of Jack and David being a bit like Jack and his father back then... but with a positive ending.,

It was so amazing to watch! Fantastic work, Brooke!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

Thanks Heather!!!

Thanks, Aislynn. I am glad it was a likable twist. I was most worried about that. I wasn't planning on taking the route of making it Jack's backstory but towards the end I was like "I have a great idea to finish it off."

Karolina; I was indifferent to this movie. The acting won me over. But I think the movie tried hard in some places to be something more then what it was. I agree with Sean Penn; the directing really hurt the great writing. The writing is what was best in the film.

Thank you for putting your differences of the movie aside for my vid. I am really glad you liked it and liked what I did here. Yes; I wanted to give it a positive ending; instead of making David always regret his relationship with Jack. Thanks.
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was very well done!! I love the music you choose and the edits were fantastic!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NikkI!!!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

Awesome vid, Brooke! Your storytelling was superb, I really enjoyed it!!!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Between Nature and Grace by Brooke Reply with quote

Thanks Emma!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: