Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Someone Like You" by emmasholi (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: "Someone Like You" by emmasholi (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Someone Like You" 11-04-2011
Upon returning to the island, Kate is upset to find that Sawyer has moved on.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Someone Like You by Adele
Vidder: emmasholi
Length: 02:16 (29.58MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNKOVDv1Ups
http://www.mediafire.com/?067wbbekytshbzp (HQ)
http://www.mediafire.com/?r73axjghu7e7ald (LQ)
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this song beyond words can express and ditto to your video! Kat and I used this for our TKS finale so it holds special meaning to me and now that you used it for Skate makes me so happy!! I had chills the entire time. I think my favorite part was the "out of the blue uninvited" part and the "She gave you things that I could give to you" and they are just standing their all awkward! Brilliant and emotional editing as always Emma!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

Really gorgeous use of a really gorgeous song!!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

That was SO gorgeous, Emma! The clips & the song were perfect!
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

Seriously amazing job, Emma! I loved how the lyrics spoke perfectly to the emotions in the clips! Beautiful coloring as well. Gold from me, and a fave on YouTube for sure <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea and even greater executed. The clips you chose really helped tell the story and how Kate was feeling. It flowed really nicely and looked fab. Faved on Youtube
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful vid, Emma! I love this song so much and you did a great job on the lyrics. I liked how you didn't throw in too many scenes and cuts, but that you actually let the scenes last a little longer. I think that had a better, more intense effect on the viewer than too much of it.

Great job!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

That was absolutely gorgeous Emma Great lyric intepretation, this was such a pretty vid!!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

Thats was so elegant! I love the soft and easy edits and the how it all flowed so well with the lyrics. Very well done. Breaks my heart, but still a great video!!!
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

amazing vid Emma. Can't say I care for the song but it really fit Sawyer and Kate beautifully, and the quality was just so beautiful. I agree with Karolina in the fact that rather than using a lot of scenes to match the music, you left some scenes running, which only gave the story more poignancy. Beautiful vid. Absolutely amazing to watch.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry I didn't get to see this before now! But this is SO beautiful! The editing is perfect, just so soft and gorgeous, and you couldn't have chosen a better song for this, IMO. Fantastic work, so bittersweet and amazing! I loved it!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

That was really well done, Emma! Loved it!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Someone Like You by emmasholi Reply with quote

Wonderful vid, Emma! You did a fantastic job of capturing the emotion of the song. I liked how you showed Sawyer and Juliet's relationship from Kate's POV.I especially liked the part around 1:14 with Sawyer and Kate's reunion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: