Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haven Renewed (Season 5 Update)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Haven Renewed (Season 5 Update) Reply with quote

The Syfy series Haven will be returning for season 3 in 2012.
It will be another 13 episode season.

Here is a quick article about it's renewal.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/12/haven-renewed-for-season-3/

Good to see the show is coming back.

Macaila

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! So glad it'll be coming back!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to note that the Christmas episode of Haven is supposed to be on Dec.6th. Looking forward to seeing what Christmas is like in a crazy town like Haven.

Macaila
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven will be returning for season 3 on September 21st at 10/9c.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/haven-season-3-premiere-date.html

Glad the show's coming back, but I was hoping for a summer season instead of having to wait until fall.

Macaila
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. The show seems to be quick on rectifying its mistakes (Jason Priestley's character being Put on a Bus), so it's good to see SyFy is sticking with it. I like the creepiness of it and hope that gets played up in the ensuing seasons.

Also, Nathan/Audrey/Duke are a triangle I buy miles more than The Triangle on Lost (not hating two-thirds of the triangle helps), but I like seeing that, per last season's finale, lines are being drawn. I hope they don't get muddied-in-a-bad-way, like Lost's did. Cautiously optimistic, though.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was glad to see them get rid of Jason Priestly's character too.(I always hate when they add a fourth person to the triangle.)

I like the way they have slowly built the Audrey/Nathan/Duke triangle. I personally am a Nathan/Audrey fan, but I like the chemistry between Duke and Audrey. I'll be surprised though if there's a happy ending either way.

I like that the show is developing a deep mythology with Audrey's past and the two guys
Spoiler:

Nathan's dad, the chief, having known Audrey when she was Lucy. And the revelation she had killed Duke's grandfather and father when she was Sarah and Lucy.

The mystery of who Audrey really is and what her connection is to Haven and the troubles is my favorite part of the show.

My theory is that Audrey is the troubles,that's why they show up whenever she's in town and why she's unaffected by them.

Macaila
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely something along those lines -- or at least the agent of the Troubles. Duke, after all:

Spoiler:

can nullify them, as we found out in the season finale. As can the wrestler's character (Dwight? Dwayne? Something like that)

... so Audrey has to be more than just Trouble-stopper to make her not-Duke in terms of her particular ability.

I too am not expecting a happy ending. I'd like to see the series ending with Audrey being put in a box by whomever "controls" her, and reprogrammed into her next incarnation, but if I say that, people will think I'm just being pessimistic. It'd feel like a cheat if she magically became True Audrey, Totally Healed Now Through the Power of Love, however, so...
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to see the series ending with Audrey being put in a box by whomever "controls" her, and reprogrammed into her next incarnation

That would be an interesting ending. I like finales that imply that the story continues.It would be like an endless loop.(Return to Haven,help the troubled, disappear, repeat.)That would be interesting if she returned to a new generation, with Nathan and Duke becoming the older, wiser town folks who remember when she was Audrey.(They could be like the newspaper guys.)

I hope they do cover what happens to Audrey in the times between her returns to Haven.

I kind of hope that Audrey is her last identity (other than if she finally figures out who she really is). I'd like to see her figure out a way to end the troubles.

I almost don't see all three main characters surviving to the end. I wonder if the series will play out along the lines they have hinted (man with maze tattoo kills Duke, Duke is supposed to kill Audrey, etc) I almost think by hinting at these endings, they are telling us what won't happen.And that seems to be the way the season 2 finale left us, thinking Nathan shot Duke and Duke did something to Audrey.

I think Duke will be the sacrifice. If Audrey is the trouble, is there some way he assumes the trouble from her? (Like he took over the troubles of the man he stabbed in Sins of the Father.) I also wonder if whatever it is that makes Audrey immune to the troubles and makes Nathan able to feel her, will disappear when the troubles are gone (in other words,the troubles are gone,but she becomes the one person he can't feel.) But that would be a terribly depressing finale.

There are so many possibilities, but maybe they'll surprise us and have a satisfying happy ending.

Macaila
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
Nathan and Duke becoming the older, wiser town folks who remember when she was Audrey.(They could be like the newspaper guys.)

I'm almost positive they are this generation's newspaper guys, if only because little-newspaper-guy freaked out when he saw Lucy early on in the season, and their primary contentions seem to revolve around Audrey's earlier appearance -- I will bet even money that the newspaper guys are the Nathan and Duke (in whatever order) of their era.

Quote:
I almost don't see all three main characters surviving to the end. I wonder if the series will play out along the lines they have hinted (man with maze tattoo kills Duke, Duke is supposed to kill Audrey, etc) I almost think by hinting at these endings, they are telling us what won't happen.And that seems to be the way the season 2 finale left us, thinking Nathan shot Duke and Duke did something to Audrey.

Duke's too much of a softie to actually have done something to Audrey. When his girlfriend (Eve? something like that) was around, he was pretty easily fooled by her; there's a sentimental streak in him a mile wide, and thus I don't see him doing anything bad to her of his own free will.

Quote:
I think Duke will be the sacrifice.

Most definitely.

Quote:
If Audrey is the trouble, is there some way he assumes the trouble from her? (Like he took over the troubles of the man he stabbed in Sins of the Father.) I also wonder if whatever it is that makes Audrey immune to the troubles and makes Nathan able to feel her, will disappear when the troubles are gone (in other words,the troubles are gone,but she becomes the one person he can't feel.) But that would be a terribly depressing finale.

I hadn't thought about that -- I like that Audrey is the one person Nathan wouldn't be able to feel, just from an internal-logic sense, and especially as reality in Haven, such as it is, really does revolve around this triangle. Maybe little-newspaper-guy was Nathan of his day, and that's why Lucy's appearance freaked him out, because he remembers not being able to feel her or some other suitably Nathan-esque fate? Just spitballing here, but I don't think we're too far off the mark.

I bet even money that this season Duke will remember what happened in the Colorado Kid picture. I don't think we've had answers there, and I suspect they're coming.

Quote:
There are so many possibilities, but maybe they'll surprise us and have a satisfying happy ending.

It'll be a logical ending. One thing Steven King stories are good at is tying up the loose ends, anyway -- I don't think he's the greatest gift to writing, but he is consistent, and if he has any creative control over Haven, this won't go off the rails in the last second. He likes neat endings with bows on them.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I bet even money that this season Duke will remember what happened in the Colorado Kid picture. I don't think we've had answers there, and I suspect they're coming.

I had forgotten the fact that Duke doesn't remember what happened that day.If I remember correctly, there were other minor characters who were either in the picture or around at the time who also could not remember details of the case. I hope they do begin to resolve that mystery.

Another mystery is why does Audrey take on the memories of certain people. What was special about Lucy Ripley and Audrey Parker and whoever Sarah was? Is there some connection between these people?

Quote:
I'm almost positive they are this generation's newspaper guys, if only because little-newspaper-guy freaked out when he saw Lucy early on in the season, and their primary contentions seem to revolve around Audrey's earlier appearance -- I will bet even money that the newspaper guys are the Nathan and Duke (in whatever order) of their era.

Audrey found a photo that showed the little newspaper guy with Lucy and the other newspaper guy gave her a ring that belonged to Sarah. I got the impression that Sarah may have been engaged to or married to one of them.

I think it would be hard on him to see her return to Haven with no memory of their relationship or even the knowledge that she'd ever known him.It would also be difficult seeing that she stays the same age, as he grows older.

Quote:
Duke's too much of a softie to actually have done something to Audrey

I agree. I don't think he'd ever hurt her.I think he'd give his life to protect her.

Macaila
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven has been renewed for a fourth season!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/11/haven-renewed-for-fourth-season.html

I was starting to think this was going to be the final season. Glad to see the show will be back in 2013.

Macaila
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syfy has officially announced that Haven has been canceled.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/haven-cancelled-5-seasons-shot-193401232.html

I had suspected after the double episode order for the 5th season that this would be the last season. There also has been a retrospective feel to many of the episodes from season 5A.

Sad to see it ending. It was a good show, these last couple seasons just went away a little bit from what made this show so great. I hope that the final run of episodes brings it back to classic Haven.

The final 13 episodes begin Oct 8 at 10/9c on Syfy.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: