Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Real Sawyer (Are you There?)" by Brooke (Los

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: "The Real Sawyer (Are you There?)" by Brooke (Los Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Real Sawyer (Are you There?)" 08-14-2011
A AU trailer based on Sawyer the cop looking for the man who conned his mom causing his father to shoot himself and kill his mother; all in front of their little boy.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Vengeance by Zack Hemssey
Vidder: Brooke
Length: 1:21 (11.6 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw7OaCaQM0
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8jxdqm
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was fun (odd word for a revenge vid) and interesting! As I said on YouTube, I used to avoid AU vids, but this one really made sense and was easy to follow. The song was perfect for a trailer and the lyrics really matched up (what I heard at least). It made me want to go back and watch some s1 Sawyer eps!

I also liked this because it's different. As a shipper myself, I watch mostly shipper vids and sometimes it gets a little old (no matter how amazing they are). I don't see many character vids, esp. about Sawyer (at least I can't think of any recently).

Great work on this! I also like the pacing of it. Works well for a trailer.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

I like that it was fun!! Action movies are. Which I think this would fall under.

I enjoy AU Vids; but I can understand why some wouldn't like them. I am really glad that this made sense. LOL. Sawyer's Flash-Everythings were always a favorite of mine.

I've always wanted to do a Sawyer trailer type. I actually chose the song for the beginning part of it; then at the middle there's these lyrics that fit so well. I was like "Wow what a perfect song for Sawyer."

Thank you Scarlett.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

LOVED THIS! Wow, Brooke! Such a great idea and you did it really well. Everything about this just made me grin ear-to-ear. Well done!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

Thank you so much Julia. It means a lot. I've thought about doing something like this for a while. And I finally was just like "I'm doing it." Thank you.
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

such a clever idea for an AU Brooke. Clips from the sideways world really served you well here! Really loved how this felt like a proper action trailer. Loved how you took Sawyer's actual past from the show and used the flash-sideways clips to make it into an AU. Very clever. Loved it!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

Thank you Amy. Means a lot. I had so much fun doing this. Sawyer's meant for an action flick.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

Wow, great trailer, Brooke!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I LOVED that! I adored the idea of Sawyer as a cop so melding that with his real backstory into an awesome action movie trailer? That was sheer win in my book! \o/ I loved the song choice, too, it really built up the suspense as we went along!

Awesome work, I really enjoyed it! ♥!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

Thank you!!! I really loved this song. Zack Hemsey is such a gifted composer. I've always wanted to do a Sawyer trailer; and it came to me while listening to this song and watching the MI trailer. Thanks Aislyn.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

Thank you Heather!!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

That was awesome! Just like a real trailer Excellent use of non-Lost footage. Fantastic job with this Brooke!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: The Real Sawyer (Are you There?) by Brooke Reply with quote

Awesome! Very well done.It looked so much like a real movie trailer.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You created a really cool mood with this trailer and the scenes fitted together really nicely. I love Sawyer and it was great to see him get his own trailer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: