Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debarothy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Harry Potter Reply with quote

In what harry potter book does the romance between harry and ginny start?
like when is their first kiss? and stuff like that and in what harry potter movie does harry like run out into the yard of the ginnnys house to chase beatrix lastrange....? if you could help that would be great!!

Last edited by debarothy on Wed May 11, 2011 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first kiss was either the fifth or the sixth book, and he runs after Bella in the sixth movie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kiss is in the sixth.

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else seeing Deathly Hallows Part 2 tonight or some time this week?
I'm going to a midnight premiere and I'm sooooo excited!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna see it Friday! they're showing one movie each day until the premiere at Cineworld, so I've been going every day, I just got back from watching OOTP apparently the final movie is the shortest and most of it is the Battle of Hogwarts, and I hear it's the best of them all be hard to beat COS, but we'll see
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait!! *bounces* I'm probably going on Saturday if all goes according to plan, can't do the midnight showing because I have work the next day. But I'm so excited!!

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s my detailed, very spoiler-heavy review… so everyone who hasn't seen the film yet should wait until they’ve seen the last part before reading this!

Many spoilers!!

Spoiler:

I must admit that I’m a little disappointed with the long awaited, final part of the Harry Potter-saga. Apart from the first 30 minutes of the film, everything felt really rushed… it was one tiny storyline after the other. It seemed like you didn’t get but one moment to take a breath and relax… and that is not always a good thing in a movie, if you ask me.

Besides, the 3D-version of the film is a waste of money! Really, it’s not worth it! I wasn’t impressed at all and I’d much rather seen the 2D-version… but they didn’t sell any 2D-tickets for the midnight premiere

But let us start at the beginning:

- The break into Bellatrix Lestrange’s Gringotts vault at the beginning of the film was one of the best parts of the film. Helena Bonham Carter playing Hermione playing Bellatrix was a lot of fun to watch! The escape from Gringotts was really exciting.
- I was rather shocked though when they showed how Voldemort punished the goblins and security men of Gringotts for them letting the trio steal the Horcrux. You see him walking through the main hall of Gringotts, the whole floor covered with dead bodies of goblins and security men…. litres of blood everywhere! That was so un-like Harry Potter and I thought it was rather disturbing! (There was another scene that was even worse, but more about that later)
- After the escape from Gringotts the trio soon winds up in Hogsmeade in order to find a way back into Hogwarts where they hope to find the next Horcrux. They meet Aberforth, Albus Dumbledore’s younger brother. I liked that scene and Aberforth was perfectly cast, but I was hoping they would finally show us some flashbacks into Dumbledore’s past. But no, unfortunately there weren’t any L They never explain how and why Dumbledore’s sister had to die… of course we all know how and why it happened from the books, but it’s a pity they don’t evolve on that in the film. After all, it’s an important part of Dumbledore’s past and to a great part it turned him into the person he was in the later years.
- The trio gets back into Hogwarts and they see all of their old friends again. It’s a really nice moment because everyone is there – Ginny, Luna, Seamus, Dean – and you get to see (here and in many other moments later on) how much Neville has changed. He’s gained a lot of self-confidence, getting it by following Harry’s example, and he’s even a bit of a rebel to Snape’s dark and rigid rule over Hogwarts. Neville has always been one of my favourite characters and I love him to bits and pieces and I’m happy he got a lot of chances to shine in the finale. One of my favourite moments (apart from all his action and fighting scenes) is Neville telling Harry - shortly after the outbreak of the battle - that he needs to confess his love to Luna before it’s too late. I squeed with joy because I always thought Neville and Luna would make such a cute, nerdy couple but unfortunately it didn’t happen it the books. It was so wonderful that they added this sweet little moment!
- I liked Harry confronting Snape about Dumbledore’s death just before the battle begins.

Everything that happened afterwards though, I only remember in a blurry because it was just TOO MUCH in a short amount of time, which I didn’t really like! So forgive me I can’t re-tell the rest in the proper order of events… it was really too much, too hectic, I didn’t have enough time to follow the movie on an emotional level anymore. Here are my thoughts on some more highlights, likes and dislikes though:

- Ron & Hermione kissing in the Chamber of Secrets after Hermione had destroyed one of the Horcruxes. The long anticipated kiss! It’s short, it’s very spontaneous and I think some R&H shippers may be disappointed because it’s not nearly as spectacular as they had probably hoped for it to be. But I liked it. I giggled a lot because you could tell that they were so hungry for this kiss! I also laughed out loud at Ron chasing after Draco & his bullies, screaming “This is my girlfriend, you idiots!!!” when they tried to fight Hermione in the Room of Requirements. He was so happy to finally be with her, it was so cute!
- I was disappointed though that the Horcrux didn’t have any effect on Hermione when she tried to destroy it. Why does she always have to be so effing perfect? It’s annoying, gah!
- I liked Draco’s inner conflict during some short moments of the film. You could see how much he doesn’t want to be on Voldemorts side and I loved the moment when Harry confronted him in the Room of Requirements, asking him why he had lied to Bellatrix (in DH Part 1) when she asked him whether it is really Harry or not. He doesn’t reply, gets all embarrassed when Goyle and Zabini suddenly appear. It’s a really neat moment. I was a bit sad that he ended up joining his parents on Voldemorts side again and later cowardly fleeing from Hogwarts, but then it probably wouldn’t be Draco anymore if they had him do something really heroic or join with Harry’s people, huh?
- Definitely a DISLIKE was a very gory scene during the battle: The werewolf, Fenrir Greyback, getting his teeth into the dead body of Lavender Brown!! Ugh!! Really, was that necessary?? I have this picture etched on my memory now. It was so disturbing!
- Harry seeing the ghost of his parents and Remus & Sirius in the forest was really touching. Shorter than in the book, but still beautiful and sad. I got all teary when Harry asked Sirius if it hurts to die… poor little guy ;-(
- Harry seeing and talking to Dumbledore at King’s Cross Station was pretty cheesy. It was much more of a heaven-like-scenario than I would've liked it to be. Harry without glasses was weird, too. It was like "Oh wait! That's not Harry! It's Daniel!" It was nice to see Dumbledore again for a last time.
- The final encounter was a disappointment to me.... I expected it to be much more spectacular, longer and that people (in the film) would be cheering and congratulating Harry on his victory over Voldemort.

And on to the most important part for me personally: Snape, Snape's death and the Prince's tale!
- Snape's death happened so quickly. The scene was too short, imo, and there was no real built-up to his death. Nonetheless, I actually liked it because they added one tiny line to Snape's text that made me burst into tears. After his famous "Look at me"-line, dying Snapes also tells Harry that he's got his mother's eyes. And he says it with so much tenderness, and for once there is so much emotion and even love in his words! I was so deeply moved! It made me want to jump off my seat and huggle poor Snapey! ;-(
This one tiny line was soooo heart-breaking!
- The Prince's tale could've been better, but could've been also worse. I was actually quite happy with it, even though I would've liked to see a bit more of young/teenage Snape. There wasn't so much of it, because the focus was put on adualt Snape before and after Lily's death. Of young Snape, you only get to see how he meets and makes friends with Lily, how they are sorted into their houses and how Snape is being made fun of by James Potter (who is and will always be a PRAT!). There isn't anything about the teenage years nor about young Snape being a bit of a prat himself :-p Young Snape is actually even the most adorable little kid they could've cast! You can't help but feel sorry for him. I was expecting to see some young male actor to be cast as adult Snape in the years of Lily's death. Instead though, they had Alan Rickman doing the part himself, but they made him look younger through CGI... and it looked ridiculous!! His face looked rather deformed and unreal... dislike!!! But I was moved to tears nonetheless because it was all so emotional - Snape begging Dumbledore to safe Lily, Snape fiding Lily's dead body and holding her in his arms, crying (this actually never happened in the books), him being shocked about Dumbledore wanting to sacrifice Harry for the greater good - they did very well on these parts and I was really satisfied!

Altogether though, I think I need to see the film a second time - this time in 2D!! - to be able to say whether I liked it or not. Like I said, there was too much coming at once, and I think I was rather unable to cope with all of that in such a short amount of time :-/

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who just saw this and sobbed through a huge portion of it? Hint: ME.

Spoiler:

The only thing I was truly disappointed about was that we didn't see Fred's death. It was a shocking, powerful, heart-wrenching scene in the book and here it was just barely thrown in. I also would have liked to see more of George's reaction.

Other than that, right now I'm feeling pretty pleased with it! If/when I see it again I'll probably find more things I didn't like....but right now I'm happy that the final movie was done the way it was.

I have never, ever liked Snape, even after reading The Prince's Tale. However, I cried when he died. I find that in the movies, perhaps thanks to Alan Rickman, Snape is about 10000 times more likeable. In the books...I'm sorry, I don't care what his trauma is, there is no reason for him to treat anyone the way he does.

THE SCENE IN THE FOREST. With Sirius and the call back to his line in the third movie about "you can always find me in here"! And Moony, Padfoot, and Prongs reunited! And Lily! Aaahh! I've always just loved Lily Evans....only Rowling can make me cry for a character who died before the series began.

Helena Bonham Carter as Hermione at the beginning was GREAT. She was fantastic! Also, Molly killing Bellatrix was about as badass as I could have imagined.

Neville Longbottom is AMAZING. I can't believe what an extraordinary character Rowling turned him into. She is brilliant.

That's all the thoughts I have for now....

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I think George's death was implied during a scene when you see him on his back and someone is hunched over him ready to kill him. But I felt like his death came and went; I wish they did a little more with it. They mourned and then it was over. I agree; I would have liked to have seen more of George’s reaction.

I was happy for the humor in some of the scenes; if it wasn’t there it would have been beyond depressing; I was glad we had comic relief; and YES! Helan Bonham Carter as Hermione was fantastic. Especially her trying to walk in the heels.
Molly was Epic in that scene. “Not my daughter you bitch!” I was like Go Molly Weasley!!

Who’d a thought Neville Longbottom would have gotten so hot! He is so adorable.

As someone who hasn’t read the books I wish we got to see more of Draco’s mom. She seemed like decent person imo. Like when she claims Harry is dead and in fact sees him move. Lucious is SUCH a wimp as always.

I liked the ending; with Draco not being as angry as he was; I would have liked to have seen more OF Draco; I went through most of the film hating him until the scene when you see him crying in the bathroom and he’s attacked by Harry. There was so much going on with him; you could feel it. Bravo acting by Tom Felton. But I would have liked to have allowed him to be understood a bit more.

Snape’s death made me cry; I could be a bias Alan Rickman fan, it’s extremely possible. I felt extremely bad for him during the flashbacks. But I had a strong feeling that when you see him kill Albus that Albus was ASKING him too. I hadn’t read the books; so I thought that played out well. When Albus says “Please.” I was like “I think he WANTS Snape to kill him. I wish we could have seen MORE of Harry/Snape. I understand that Snape was indifferent to Harry because Harry is proof that Harry’s mom chose someone over him. But still.

I enjoyed the kiss; it was well done; it was a 'awww' yet laughing moment.

Voldemort is terrifying!!! He's like Darth Vader; sure he's going to be killed but he seems so invincible!

I did like when Harry grabs him and throws him off the bridge with him and says "Come on Tom, lets finish this the way we started it, Together." It also brings you back to the fact that Voldemort was once human...with a human name.

I was satisfied with the second part of the movie.

Everything about Neville was EPIC.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

It was Fred who died. Not George. I....can't even imagine what George went through. I am a twin, and I know I would want to die if my sister died, so I can't even think about how George would have handled it.

OH MY GOD, Neville got super hot! Who woulda thought Matt Lewis would grow up so well??

Yeah, Narcissa Malfoy wasn't a huge character in either the books or the movies, but she was in the books a little more. Personally I don't like her, but she is definitely better than most Death Eaters. She's probably also a little more badass and less wimpy than her husband and son.

Snape wasn't just indifferent to Harry - I think he truly hated the kid, and this is just Snape being extremely immature. He held a grudge against Remus, Sirius, and James for what they did when they were fifteen years old and he took it out on James's innocent child, who never knew James and therefore had gotten no influence from him. ...I feel rather strongly about this. I think both Snape and Sirius were very, very immature people who held grudges for things that happened when they were teenagers, and people could have died because of this.

The thing with Harry and Voldemort going off the bridge was SO weird to me. Like, what even possessed Harry to do that?! Heh. It wasn't in the books.

I was satisfied too.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

YIKES I meant to say Fred; sorry. I can’t imagine what George was going through either; they were inseparable. I wanted to see more of George’s reaction to it because they did EVERYTHING together.

I didn’t think he could; then my firned was like “The actor who plays Neville is hot.” I laughed. Then I saw it!!!

I want to know why the Malfoy’s are Death Eaters; are they because their just simply a weak breed? I don’t say it to belittle them but it seemed like Lucius was a Death Eater simply because he was just scared of Voldemort. And Draco was one simply because that’s what his family IS; he didn’t know any better. Draco was more wimpy earlier in the books; I think he simply was misunderstood later on; to me it was obvious he didn’t want this life; but it’s all he knew; I would say that if my mom was evil; I love my mom SO much I’d probably follow into that; and I think that’s what happened with Draco.

I see where you are coming from with Harry. I liked Snape more in his death. I LOVED him because well Alan. But overall he was a very immature character.

I liked him doing it; I don’t think they should do EVERYTHING by the book(s). You have to put some more life into the film and not just make it a carbonation copy of the book; because why bother when people can just read it?

McGonagall was extremely EPIC also. Her ready to take on Snape; and then when she casts the spell to protect the school/them. “I’ve always wanted to use that spell.” She rocked in this. But it was Maggie Smith; who rocks in everything.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory on the Malfoys was that they had this very high-class ideal of themselves. They were stuck-up and wanted power. And they bought into the idea that pure bloods are better than half-bloods and Muggle-borns - thus they joined Voldemort, and they spoiled their kid, raised him to have the same values.

Spoiler:

I know they're not going to do everything by the books, but them jumping off the bridge made absolutely NO sense to me, I just don't understand why it was there! They added other stuff in this movie that I liked, this was just something I thought was weird.

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My theory on the Malfoys was that they had this very high-class ideal of themselves. They were stuck-up and wanted power. And they bought into the idea that pure bloods are better than half-bloods and Muggle-borns - thus they joined Voldemort, and they spoiled their kid, raised him to have the same values.

Yes, I agree on that. It's because of their idiotic "toujours pure"-belief, meaning they think of themselves as being superior to others because they are "pure-blood" wizards (which I have a hard time believing, btw! I think even the Malfoys and Lestranges must have some half-bloods in their bloodline!)

Voldemort was always like that, too, claiming that pure-bloods are better than half-bloods and Muggle-borns... in site of being a half-blood himself! But he hated his Muggle father and even killed him in his teenage years.

The Malfoys believed that they would get a lot of power for themselves by siding with Voldemort, but in the later years their "loyalty" to the Dark Lord was only driven by fear of him.

Oh, and by the way: Narcissa was never a Death Eater (unlike Lucius, Draco or her sister Bellatrix)! She shared their pureblood policies, but she was never a Death Eater.
I think both, Narcissa and Draco, had their "human" moments and I really liked the many moments where you could see Draco's inner conflict (Tom Felton shows some excellent acting skills, especially from the sixth film onwards). In the end though, they're all just a bunch of cowards *sigh*

Quote:
Spoiler:

I did like when Harry grabs him and throws him off the bridge with him and says "Come on Tom, lets finish this the way we started it, Together." It also brings you back to the fact that Voldemort was once human...with a human name.

Spoiler:

Not only that... it's also a referrence to Dumbledore always having addressed Voldemort by his real name. It shows how Harry and Voldemort are finally fully equal and evenly matched opponents, just like Dumbledore and Voldemort have been. Harry is no longer a kid, he has grown up and this is the time for him to face Voldemort... and call him "Tom"

And I'm all with you here, Brooke: It's due to Alan Rickman that I always liked Snape so much. Alan is just one of the most amazing actors EVER and he truly broke my heart in the last film.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to read the books. I have them all now...just not as much time as I want.

Spoiler:

Yes, I just loved that about all of it.

I was very satisfied with the ending.

Tom Felton handled Draco's inner conflict beautifully. I didn't like Draco until the last books because Draco in my eyes was just a whiny little pansy brat who thought he deserved everything; and then you finally see what kind of family he really has.

But yes; you could see that fear is what was keeping Lucius on the dark side.

With the cast they really developed themselves into fine actors.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really need to read the books. I have them all now...just not as much time as I want.

If you liked the films, you will love the books!
There's so much more background information on many of the characters. They skipped a great deal of Voldemort's past in the Half-Blood Prince movie, unfortunately. There were many, many more flashback scenes that explain a lot why he was so evil, even already as a kid.

Also, there's hardly any information on Dumbledore in DH 1+2, while this is actually a major and important storyline in the book. It helps you understand this complex character much more and gives him more of a human touch. I had the feeling that without knowing the books, you might get the impression that Dumbledore was only using people (Harry, Snape) and sacrificing them for the greater good... which is not true!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: