Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter" by Los
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: "Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter" by Los Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter" 07-03-2011
June 2011 Contest Submission
Fandom: Harry Potter
Song: Get Up by Barcelona
Vidder: Lostwithoutdom
Length: 3:54 (72MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJz80pXZrDc&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.mediafire.com/?ty9f5nog9e7yqqs

Last edited by Lostwithoutdom on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Loved the coloring effect it was really perfect for Harry Potter. I also loved the beat use too. But that coloring I just keep going back to how beautiful it is. So incredible. I also loved your overlay too. Good luck!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan, this is without any doubt the most wonderful and beautiful HP vid I've seen in a long time! I'm soooo in love with this vid!

Fantastic interpretation of the lyrcis. I loved the flashbacks from DH to all the similar moments in the past. You also did an amazing job on the quotes and on turning a really slow and difficult song into a breath-taking vid!

I would defintely give you 10 out of 10 points for that! (Plus an extra point for making me get all teary and melancholic!)
I sooo need DH Part 2 now!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

BEAUTIFUL vid, Morgan!! I loved all the parallels you drew between Deathly Hallows and the earlier movies. And all the audio you chose was perfect! This is such a wonderful tribute to the series. <3
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

I'm not a Harry Potter fan...but I really loved your video.I thought the music was great, loved the beat use. I liked the parallels between the films as well. It was cool to see how much the cast has grown up since the first film.Good luck in the contest!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

This was great, Morgan! I'm not into Harry Potter, but this was really well-done & I enjoyed it.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

That was soooo awesome, Morgan! It made me a little teary-eyed. *sniffle* Well done!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into Harry Potter either, but this was a lovely vid! I liked how you echoed the older footage with the more recent (wow, they looked like babies in some of those shots, lol! ). Great work!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! This song!!! does not matter the fandom; I always tear up and it fits everything. How I love Harry Potter <3 it really stands alone as a fandom over my lifetime. I need to sit and watch them all over again I adore how you used the Harry/Hermione friendship in this, especially them dancing - that was my fave scene in the movie! and Ron coming to hermione's rescue <3 Can't believe its all coming to an end! (next week for me) but still! sadness! wonderful job!

sidenote; its so funny to see Dan and Ruperts haircuts change so drastically over the movies

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Morgon, this was beyond amazing, I absolutely loved this. I was sooooo excited to see it before I even saw it, because it was Harry Potter and I've been on a big HP kick lately! The beginning was really heart reaching, moving and beautiful with the comparison of the three in the last and first movies. The song as well really sets the mood, it's quite beautiful Wonderful lyric interpretation too, especially Iiked, "my head is dizzy now" and the lyrics for Ron, "my fear might come alive", those were perfect! I'm at a loss of words to describe how I felt about the ending, which nearly gave me some tears.. wonderful vid Morgan, good luck in the contest!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

This honestly just made me cry. This was absolute perfection.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Wow, that was stunning, Morgan! I really loved how you showed clips of the earlier years in black and white, and how there were similarities in there with the newest movies. You got me so excited to finally catch up in time to watch the last movie at the cinemas (I got left behind after the 3rd one lol). It was so packed full of emotion and just utterly beautiful to watch! Fantastic job!!
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Beautiful video, very well done. Everyone else has mentioned it but I will too because it was awesome; the comparison clips from the old movies to the new ones. Great job!
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Beautiful video, very well done. Everyone else has mentioned it but I will too because it was awesome; the comparison clips from the old movies to the new ones. Great job!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Something Worth Living For - Harry Potter by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Aw, I got quite emotional watching that!! I can't believe how much they've grown!! This was SO beautiful, Morgan! You editing is gorgeous and the use of audio is perfect. Amazing job!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: