Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make your video more interesting with a lulling song?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: How to make your video more interesting with a lulling song? Reply with quote

I thought I'd come ask the experts...because this is something I've been wondering and I don't see another thread like it! haha!

What are your tips as vidders to make a video more interesting when you have a very lulling song that has no real beats or excitement to it?

Is it just a bad no-no to choose a song that is all melody to vid to?

Have you ever had the problem where you finish a vid and you're watching it, only to find it a tad slow and boring during certain parts?

What do you do to amend this problem?

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those songs are best used with vids that have a lot of dialog or are very story driven. As long as it has a good story to it the audienonetime get bored. You can watch some of my and Kat's vids...that's pretty much the only type of music we use.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer!

However, what if there is actually lyrics on the music? I only ask because I'm editing a Lord of the Rings video right now to the "Gollum Song"

music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXbzffVl44

Now for the first part I have voice-overs and that part is fine, but when it gets to a certain later part with the lyrics, I can't help but think it seems a bit boring so I am still working with it.

I like the lyrics, so I don't really want to burden it with whole bunch of unnecessary dialogue over it, because it's already a story already written for the story... lol. Does that make sense?

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd use the dialogue more for the parts that are instrumental. I think if you choose the right scenes to go with the lyrics so it tells a story then it hopefully won't be boring. It's hard for me to give you specific pointers without first seeing the vid.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you can take advantage of chord changes in lieu of beat use. There are a lot of chord changes in this song that would help make the clips flow in an interesting way. Good luck!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I think it's interesting to hear your perspective on this. I finished my video, and I think it's pretty good. I just think it's an interesting topic though. I think even a little video overlay or effects can be nice just to make the visuals more interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: