Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Firefly-Home In The Sky" by DJC Productions (Fir
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: "Firefly-Home In The Sky" by DJC Productions (Fir Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Firefly-Home In The Sky" 06-19-2011
June 2011 contest submission. Firefly tribute.
Fandom: Firefly
Song: To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra
Vidder: DJC Productions
Length: 4:24 (252MB .mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJrn30WiWXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJrn30WiWXA

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

This is really gorgeous! I never watched Firefly but I still thought this vid was lovely and beautiful. The audio you put in worked so well!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Great job Dennis! I saw firefly, it's been a while though. Really lovely tribute-- gold for sure!! Good luck with the contest!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this vid.I thought your clip and audio choices were very good.I actually just saw this show for the first time today,there was a marathon and I caught a few episodes here and there.It's an interesting show,I can see why it's a favorite fandom of yours.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Great video!!! I've never seen this show but it looks really good after seeing this vid.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

A Dennis Firefly video? Is this heaven???

Awesome job, as always. This video reminded me why I gave my whole heart to that show, and I will never ever forget it. Browncoat forever. Very well done!!!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

eloramoon- haha... Thanks Julia! I'm glad you like it. I just started watching this show and am completely in love with it now. I'd definitely call myself a browncoat at this point.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Ohhh, what a beautiful tribute! I've just finished watching the show myself. ^_^ Loved all your audio choices, they worked so well! Great job! Good luck in the ocntest!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous work!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

This was extremely gorgeous, loved the flow of the video and the all of the scenes Good luck in the contest!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

beautiful editing! i love everything about this vid! amazing job!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

WOWZA! I have to say, that was incredible!! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen, it was so beautiful and captivating! I adored your use of audio! Space-y sci-fi things aren't usually my thing, but honestly, you've made me want to watch this show so bad. You totally sold it to me! Fantastic editing!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments everybody!

Emma- Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Trust me, I wasn't a big sci-fi guy either but this show is definitely worth watching. 2nd only to Lost.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Firefly-Home In The Sky by DJC Productions Reply with quote

I'm reading this book of interviews with Joss Whedon at the moment (I've been a die hard Joss fanatic for about 10 years) and I just wanted to tell you that think you managed to capture what Firefly was all about perfectly with this vid, especially the idea that unlike the sterile ships you see on a lot of other sci fi shows, Serenity was as much a home to these people as any house. It's such a shame that Fox never gave it a chance to really hit its stride. I would have loved to see how the characters would have evolved over time, especially Mal's relationship with Simon and River, etc.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wonderful tribute to an amazing short-lived series. Great job incorporating most of the cast and really making it an ensemble vid (Firefly is the type of show that should always be that way). I especially loved your use of voiceovers. Fantastic work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: