Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks Lostvideo.net!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Thanks Lostvideo.net! Reply with quote

I've been a long time member of this site and it was the first time I'd actually was introduced to the world of vidding. I came across this site around late 2004-2005 period after Lost aired. I remember watching some of the earliest Lost videos to Maroon 5 and other music that was popular back then. I just wanted to thank the CMs and creators of this site for a great past six or seven years that I've known about this site!

I think it was a wonderful idea to include other fandoms so it will keep the site alive. I know probably some people were hesitant about the idea of the site that was originally for just Lost videos, but I think it's only expanded the site and made it even better and more broad so that hopefully it will keep it alive, because this site has encouraged many to become better editors, and me personally as well... not just because of fun themed contests that challenged you to think out-of-the-box, but because of friendly constructive crit, honors awarded for videos, and just a very supportive group of people that encourage you to keep vidding.

I hope that people continue to keep this site running as I have experienced it in the past, with fairness and continual support for each other. I may not video edit as much as I would like to because of a busy lifestyle, but this site has definitely helped me expand my own talents over the years as well as be able to oversee others gain experience and it's just awesome! I've never had any sort of training with computers or editing programs being home schooled with a whole lot of computer illiterates (lol!) and I know some of the amazing editors on here haven't either, but we're starting to come out with stuff that I think are better than the pros or people that have been to film school!

So, I just wanted to say thanks to Lostvideo.net for being one of my favorite sites!!! I haven't really had the chance to express my appreciation for this place and I may not have as much time to look at everyone's work, but I am very grateful to all of the hard-work that the mods and members do!!

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, Sara, thank you SO MUCH for saying all of that! That really is just about the best set of compliments I could ever hope to hear about LVI, that we've helped people to want to become better video editors not only through our supportive members but through the contests and through things like the Viewer's Picks and Council Picks. That's exactly what they're there for, not only just for fun and to have something to participate in, but to hopefully encourage people to work on their skills.

nightdancer342 wrote:
but we're starting to come out with stuff that I think are better than the pros or people that have been to film school!

I agree with that 1000%! There have been many, many times now that I've been blown away by the professionalism of our vidders' work. You just could NOT do any better if you were a paid pro!

Thank you so much again, that really means a ton to us! LVI wouldn't be anything without its members; we're lucky to have you! Hopefully life will permit you a bit more time to vid and come hang out with us in the future! Thanks again! ♥♥♥!!!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought it was time to show some love to LVI!

I really do enjoy this site and at first when I started vidding I was thinking things like, "I'm not very good at this" or "I don't make these very well..." but these types of sites really do build up your confidence to continue on just because of a great support system. It has a friendly competitiveness to it too, which to me, really inspires me to work harder. I'm not really the type that likes to study up on things, but to learn by experience, and it's hard to believe that just by trial and error and constructive criticism on here that I've improved this much- not to mention just the inspiration you can get from watching other videos, you can pick up techniques and just learn by observation on how to improve.

I've actually seen other sites that are similar to LVI, but they actually charge money to upload your videos there after their trial is up and their sites are absolute crap!! No one is motivated to even participate in community activities on there, because it's all very exclusive and cold.

This is by far the best website for vidders that I have seen on the net. You can get far more exposure and critiques being on here than even on youtube- unless of course you spend the time to go out and find friends- which takes a whole lot of time of searching for people-- this just brings everyone together!

So I thank you so much for everything you guys do, and for keeping it a community experience for everyone!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to what Sara said

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been this attached to people at a site before. I've been involved in forums but this surpasses them. I really do consider you guys friends. I really enjoy coming here and hanging out with you guys, getting your opinions, ideas, and hanging out in spam.

Like, I got to this forum and it's now overrun by spam "Would you like to give me your credit card information? And make your penis larger all in one?"

So you guys are SO on top of it. LOVE IT.

But yes, I agree with everything Sara said.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of this. I love this site sooo much, it's been a huge part of my life for the past four years. *smishes everyone*

art by me&tammy
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank yall so much!!! I pretty much echo what Ais said. The members here make this site great, it's definitely become a "home" to me on the Internet, & has made me a much better vidder than when I first started vidding!

Thanks again! *hugs*
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Sara!

I agree whole heartedly. I've been in a lot of communities where it was like being in grade school all over again, but I've never ever felt that here at LVI. For the most part, everyone has been so mature, friendly, fun, and supportive. LVI is my safe-haven on the internet. I think the members here are amazing and I can't say enough about how awesome I think Aislynn and the other mods have always been.

I love LVI so much! I'm so excited to watch us grow into our new shoes as a multi-fandom site!

(((HUGS Sara!!!)))
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, Julia, I know what you mean about the startling immaturity that you can get on message boards! It's terrible really! I never even want to partake in it, because it just seems so ignorant and foolish! It's nice to have people on the internet that can communicate intelligently and with dignity!
I'm so glad that LVI has all the cool people both as members and CMs!

Hugs back!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: