Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over" by nightdancer3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: "Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over" by nightdancer3 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over" 06-25-2011
A short vidlet about the bizarre pilot of FX dark comedy series Wilfred.
Fandom: Wilfred
Song: Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machines
Vidder: nightdancer342
Length: 1:30 (16MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGO3z0BZVJ8

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

This was really clever! Perfect song choice and great editing-I really got an idea of the show without ever having seen the pilot.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Oh thank you!! Just for anyone who is curious, it is a bit dark and crude (rated for mature audiences)... but I thought it was hilarious. lol!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

I agree with Becca, it was a perfect song choice. I thought this show looked stupid until I heard the premise of the show, then I was like "Wow this is clever." Great editing, and beat use. Really want to see this show now.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Brooke! Initially I was just watching because I love Elijah Wood, but I then heard it was a critically acclaimed comedy from Australia--- the same guy who did the original reprises his role of Wilfred in the US version. I think anyone who knows or has owned a dog can atest that they can be very pushy animals, especially if you let them! It just makes the show even more funny! And I think the pushover loser role is played perfectly by Elijah! LOL!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was great! I'd heard about this but hadn't really seen anything for it and this makes for an awesome promo! Perfect song choice, too! I enjoyed it a bunch!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Aislynn! I'm very glad you enjoyed it
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

I actually did know that, Sara. Did you also know that it's the same creator too?
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Yeah! I saw that! I think that's really cool that it's like a legit import-- LOL! I guess they tried that with MTV Skins (same creator/writer), but I watched half of an episode and I thought it was terrible! Really poor acting mixed with an odd, unrealistic American life style. xD
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Great vid, Sara! I love Elijah Wood but was never too sure about this show - this vid made it look fun. Nicely done!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Eryn! Haha, Well, it's a little raunchy, but it has cute qualities about it too- I mean, Wilfred is almost like Chucky from Child's Play, telling the guy what to do- in some ways I don't know if Wilfred is helpful or extremely bad for the character Ryan, because mostly he's encouraging a druggy lifestyle. lol

And Elijah? He's just naturally hilarious with his scrawny bod jumping around- he's so hyper. I love the guy. I wonder... he's probably shorter than me in real life... what is he, like 5.6"? LOL! But yeah, I am looking forward to the next episodes.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

That was really cool! This show seems really odd, but I love Elijah Wood so I might have to check it out.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Wilfred :: The Dog Days are Over by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thank you Heather!!!
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome... excellent lyric interpretation

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: