Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falling Skies (TNT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen the first episode of S2 so far, but I intend to catch up asap.

Some thoughts on the first ep:

YAY! So good to have the show back! I missed it, especially all my fave characters.

Some random thoughts:
Spoiler:

- It was a good season opener, although I wish they hadn't given us Tom back right away. It was a bit anti-climatic, imo. I think it would've been better if he'd been away for a couple more episodes as it would've been interesting to see how the group manages without him.
Well, I think now it's gonna be interesting to see though how everyone will behave towards him, seeing that at least Pope is quite sceptical towards Tom.
- Speaking of Pope: I must admit that I'm relieved that they haven't made him an entirely good guy. It wouldn't have been very believable. The change must come gradually, as with Daryll on The Walking Dead.
- Loved the scenes with Ben & Hal. I think we'll see poor Ben struggling pretty hard this season.
- Loved the Anne/Weaver drinking scene! I have such a soft spot for the old man! <3<3<3
- I was wondering though: WHY did the aliens kill ALL the messengers but Tom? What's the point of that since they... ummm... were supposed to be messengers? Did I miss something?

Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're getting caught up Karolina You will find out the answer to your question about Tom in a few more episodes...

I thought I recognised Crazy Lee (one of Pope's Beserkers) as Kat from Battlestar Galactica!
http://www.lucianacarrofansite.com/battlestar.php
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
I thought I recognised Crazy Lee (one of Pope's Beserkers) as Kat from Battlestar Galactica!
http://www.lucianacarrofansite.com/battlestar.php

Eeeeeeeee!!! What episode is she in?
I better hurry up then because I love Luciana Carro!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's actually in the first couple of episodes I think, but she's in the fifth one more. She's mainly a background character but she has more lines in the latest ep and now I like her even more
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved her as Kat on BSG! I'm sure she'd do a great job on FS if they gave her character a chance for a bigger part.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season is so HEARTBREAKING. I'm not sure I can take it!! I know I should have expected it, but it's so much more shocking/tragic this season!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw Karolina here is a pic of Luciana Carro

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool! I thought I knew her from somewhere. Wonder if Terry O'Quinn will end up being in Charleston or if he's just gonna be in flashback.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow okay I have some mixed feelings about the finale. I think it might have been better if they extended it a bit because I was kind of disappointed when the characters went off on that crazy mission. It could have been so awesome but it was really short-lived. I really liked what they had, but it would have been even better if Pope had some lines or something!! Also the rebel Skitters verses the obedient Skitters was so rushed I think, and Dai's death was done terribly. It was so quick. He had been a main character since the beginning, hardly had ANY lines (in fact I was hoping this ep he would have more to do) then he gets thrown against a wall and dies....disappointed with that to be honest.

The rest was pretty good. I think Kat and I were talking about whether or not they would make Anne pregnant since the actress is pregnant in real life. I am actually quite excited about a Tom/Anne baby!!! I just hope they don't use it as an excuse to give her less screentime, because Anne is badass. The scene of Karen about to torture her though and telling Tom she was pregnant with his child was done pretty well. Moon's acting there was great, Noah's too!

Also, WTF HAL??? I thought it was only a matter of time before they shifted the focus on to another one of Tom's boys. I mean, the concern has mostly been on Ben for two seasons, now I am freaking out over Hal. He looked so freaky and evil in that last bit!!

Not sure what else to add! Good episode, but could have been better.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW PROMO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1rt0Sj0mM

such a gorgeous promo!

Spoiler:

OMG TOM AND THE BABBY AT THE END IS SO CUTE

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I freaked the F**k out when i saw a promo link Jem! I love them so much for giving a long promo! (granted a lot of the start was old footage, but still!)

omg the music got me choked up! Leads me to think this is gonna be a hell of an emotional season!

Spoiler:

OMG POPE CRYING OVER CRAZY LEE!!! I love her!! He would only cry if she's going to die!!

And Tom and new baby Mason!!! <3<3

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna livepost the new ep...

Spoiler:

I'm only 18 minutes in but it's EPIC so far!!! The big attack scene at the beginning was amazing! Everyone is so badass, even little Matt!!

The new aliens and their tech is so cool!! The ally alien sounds so sophisticated lol. But where are the rest of them?? I love this big group meeting between humans and aliens and everyone's representing a different part of the resistance. It's so cool.

And eee! Pregnant Anne's baby bump!

So sad about Hal though! I can;t get used to him like this! But he and Maggie are so cute!

They would make Karen the overlord?? That's weird?? Maybe it's specifically because she is human and knows the resistance.

So my stream just cut out so this is a to be continued bUT IT LOOKS LIKE ANNE IS ABOUT TO GO INTO LABOUR???

Last edited by Jemmz on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it going again, for now!

Spoiler:

AND MY BEAUTIFUL SHIP HAS A BABY <3<3<3

ALEXIS DENISE GLASS-MASON????????? <3

(do you know what's weird though, they'll probably call her Alex, and that's kinda funny because my Falling Skies OC's Nikita name is Alex..)

So Hal and Karen are having dream!sex? There goes my Ben/Karen hopes lo

l

And it just cut out again =P

Last edited by Jemmz on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd try lol...

Spoiler:

Alexis is starting to creep me out! No!! She's like Renesme from Twilight or something...

Hmm this introduction of the big gun or whatever it is has me seeing Weaver's point of view. I believe that the new aliens want to defeat the overlords, but maybe they don't really care about Earth, maybe they're just using it as a battlefield or something?

Officially freaked out. The baby can talk. WTF?? But still, they're so cute with her!!

Matt's a rebellious litte badass.

And there's the old YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM! from Matt :S:S

This reminds me of Terra Nova with the spy, the flying high-tech bug thing...

WAIT who died?? That wasn't Tector, was it?? Oh, there he is. Thank God.

Ew are those harnessed kids turning into skitters? Gross. I was worried about that.

Will have to watch the rest tomorrow
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Jem! Ill try and keep my comments in sync with what you've seen so I don't spoil you

Spoiler:

I thought the same thing about Alexis and your OC I have a theory that when we pick the right actress for an OC, something happens to the actress/fandom that ties it together and makes us realize it was the right choice, and you got that with Alexis since Alex is her name in Nikita!

I was bummed by Hal/Karen sex, too I was all psyched for Ben/Karen lol We got our hopes up, but Hal and Maggie are so sweet together I like that they're official now, living together and all

I have a worrying theory with baby Alexis, I dont think she'll be around for very long. I'm going off every other show I watch where a character is pregnant/has a baby. like Claire on Lost, we watch the pregnancy, get the history, the birth takes a whole episodes, we get invested in the whole thing. Anne was barely in labour and boom, Alexis and then its a week later. No time to get invested, no time to sympathize with Anne. and then Alexis is acting very strange almost immediately and we focus on that... i worry! maybe its just FS not wanting to focus too much on a newborn, but still... I worry!

Matt is a little badass, more stuff happens there so I won't ocmment futher til you've seen

Im thinking the harnessed kids fighting are gonna become a new enemy this season, like the walkers in TWD. much worse tho cos they're kids and seem to still cling to their humanity in some way:(

Quote:
WAIT who died?? That wasn't Tector, was it?? Oh, there he is. Thank God.

That made me LOl especially with the actor being a regular on The Killing this year, i thought they might kill off Tector They still might I spose.

Don't you love that Pope is running a bar? The Nest <3 hence my new location
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: