Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 CM's Choice Winners!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: 2016 CM's Choice Winners! Reply with quote

There were a lot of great videos submitted to LVI this past year! Each Council Member has chosen 1 of those wonderful videos that stood out to her. Videos that were submitted between October 1st, 2015 - December 31st, 2016 were eligible. Congratulations to all the winners!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice for 2016 is Multi-platonic relationships || Superman's Got Nothing On Me by tjmack1986.

Multi-platonic relationships || Superman's Got Nothing On Me by tjmack1986 is my CM's Choice for 2016. I love how this video shows the relationships in a variety of fandoms, not in a romantic way but in a way that shows the friendships within these shows/movies. There are so many great characters in this and Tammy chose the perfect moments to highlight those friendships. The song choice is great and the lyric use is fantastic. I always enjoy Tammy's vids, and I always look forward to seeing what's next!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's choice is for Lost crossover OUAT by ayeayecaptswan

In my original comment, I said I felt like I should thank ayeayecaptswan for making this video. So here I am thanking her! Thanks for making such a fun, enjoyable video about two of my favourite ever shows! Part of what I love about Once Upon a Time is all the Lost references and seeing them all showcased in this fun, upbeat video was quite a joy! "De ja vu" indeed! What a perfect song choice. I loved re-watching all the Lost nostalgia and seeing how OUAT had implemented some of those elements into their show. You selected some great moments from each show. Congrats on such an awesome video and I hope you make more like this!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice goes to Multifandom - Fall 2016 Season Premieres by Ninu

I kept going back to this video and had to choose it as my pick. I love multifandom videos like this that show the similarities between shows (like how Nina showed the similar scenes in the hospital, people walking towards the camera, the dead bodies, etc). It makes for such a clever video to see all the visuals match up. I also adore the atmosphere of this vid, aided by the use of the sound effects. Not just the dialogue, which I'll get to, but the use of the scream and the clicking of the gun and that barrel dropping. It just added a whole feeling to the video that makes it so memorable. The audio was particularly perfect. I loved the highlighting of the quotes shown at the beginning and the use of Meredith's quote from Grey's about the future. On the whole I loved hos the subject of the vid is all new seasons/shows for the year. A great introduction to so many, especially some that I have on my list to see Add to that the beautiful colouring and you have my CM's Choice!

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice goes to Hot Gates by Cappy

I chose Hot Gates by Cappy because I have watched it more than any other video this year. Every time I discover another fan of the show among my friends, I always send them this video, because it's so incredibly well done. The music choice was so perfect here, and the beat use/clip placement gives me goosebumps every time. Not to mention the fact that it's just a really amazing tribute to the climactic events of the show's second season. It's a great example of a thoughtful, well-edited fan-video.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice award goes to Multifandom-Quantifiable Connection by DJC Productions.

This year, my CM's Choice Award goes to DJC Productions for his Multifandom-Quantifiable Connection video. I loved the concept of this video, and how Dennis highlights the parallels between the fandoms - and the universal theme of love. The audio is edited together seamlessly, telling a clear narrative despite being cut from a wide range of different fandoms. The video flows smoothly and ends with a heart-wrenching climax. Congratulations Dennis, your video is beautifully edited and well thought-out. I really enjoyed watching!

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! Thanks so much heather! And yay! My all time favorite BrOTP on the banner!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to all the winners.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjmack1986 wrote:
Oh wow! Thanks so much heather! And yay! My all time favorite BrOTP on the banner!

You're very welcome, Tammy!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats everyone!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the CM choice winners. I really enjoyed each of your vids.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you so much, eloramoon! Thanks for putting my two fave 100 characters on the banner. I love it.

Also, loved watching the other Council Picks. Hadn't seen most of them before, but they were all great.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Emma. I'm flattered to see my vid on here and thanks for the nice comments.

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Cappy! <3

Congratulations, everyone! So many great vids this year. It was a really hard choice!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious why don't we do the tournament anymore?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: