Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions, concerns or complaints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Brooke! The Tourney always starts in November since that's when LVI first opened.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I didn't know that's when it started.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime I post anything it says 'invalid session'. ?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry about that, Brooke! Can you go ahead and post after it gives you that message? Is it only if you're trying to post a new thread or does it do it when you're trying to respond to an existing thread (like this one)?

Something you might could try is clearing your browser cache just to make sure there's not some slightly off cookie or something in there that's causing a bit of an incompatibility. If that doesn't do any good, then it's probably just yet another glitch coming from our server and hopefully will clear up on its own. *fingers crossed*
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Existing threads like this one.

It actually wasn't my computer. I was at a school and it was doing it. I've actually never seen that happen on my own computer.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

I submitted a vid yesterday "Safe and Sound" - Edward and Bella and it has yet to show up on the site. I know it says to give it a day or two but I have never had to wait that long. And I notice the latest vids submitted were from three days ago. My videos have always been put up within hours. Just checking that nothing went wrong or if I should send it through again

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's there, Sheree! I meant to post it up last night but it slipped my mind. Going to do it now.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it there - Thanks

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, I have a question. Constructive criticism. Your Lost thread says it is welcome. The others don't. I notice nobody is leaving any on the vids I've checked out so far. Is CC not allowed in the other fandom threads? I leave some by default usually, but I'll curb my habits if I'm going to anger people.

Cheers
Lizzie
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lizzie, yes constructive criticism is welcome for any fandom but not always necessary. Giving constructive criticism is not a fixed rule. If you want to leave concrit that's fine but don't feel obligated to. Some people don't leave concrit because they simply don't want to, or they are unsure if the vidder wants that kind of feedback. However, if you (or anyone else for that matter) want concrit on your vids in future you could always leave a little message asking for some and then viewers will know that you're happy to take on board any advice

Hope that answers your question!
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jemmz!

Yeah, I don't always leave con. crit and I'm always set to nice mode when I do, but I do like to comment more fully on some vids to let people know which bits worked more or less for me personally and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't contravening your rules. The other forums I hang out in have a part of the form where the vidder can specify what sort of con. crit they are comfortable with, so it was more obvious it was allowed.

All good!

Cheers & thanks
Lizzie
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANother noob query.
With the comments when we vote, could you clarify to me who can see those? I've noticed if it isn't hidden everyone can see them. Does that mean that when it is hidden only the mods can see them (what I was assuming) or only the vidder can see them (what I'm now assuming, because it suddenly dawned on me that this could be the case). It does change how I word the comment, as if it is for the vidder, I'll be totally encouraging, but if it's for the mods, I'll just let them know I was thinking... Or am I still off base? Do people leave comments there? Is anyone reading them? Should I just comment to the vidder and not there? *confused bunny*
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, there are technically two types of comments you can leave. One is the small input box directly beneath where you choose your vote. It says "reason" and there is auto-text that says "great job" or something to that effect, but you can erase that and type in you own short comment if you want. That comment will be seen by the vidder as well as the mods. Most people don't bother with it, but if you feel like you need to provide a short justification for why you gave a vid a particular vote, it can be handy for that reason.

Then there is also the "post a comment" box, which places your comment into the forum thread for the video. This is viewable by all members, regardless of whether you set your vote to hidden or anonymous. To see what your comment looks like in the video's forum thread, scroll to the bottom of the vid page after you've voted/commented, and click on where it says "all comments".

I hope that helps!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, thanks
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batting around an idea here, but where would you place a video that has music from more than one composer/multiple songs, all from the same album and by the same performers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: