Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Nick Pace - Something from Nothing" by Lostwithou

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: "Nick Pace - Something from Nothing" by Lostwithou Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Nick Pace - Something from Nothing" 04-25-2011
April 2011 contest submission - Nick tries to deal with the loss of his brother Charlie while his family is falling apart around him
Fandom: Lost
Song: Everything by Tyler Ward
Vidder: Lostwithoutdom
Length: 4:44 (160MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhIAdAkkPI
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pzwtjp

Ninu
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Nick Pace - Something from Nothing by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

My Goodness, this is great. You totally almost made my cry... Chris was always my favourite character in 1st generation of Skins and now it seems he's great as Nick, Charlie's little brother, as well! Great coloring and manips (my favourite - definitely the one in a bar, with Charlie! ♥) and awesome idea. Love it.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Nick Pace - Something from Nothing by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

This was really awesome; a great use of a OC! I really liked the start of it a lot. Had really good energy. You chose great scenes to convey this.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninu - Aww thanks so much! he was my favorite is skins too. i felt like they could have been brothers in another universe, they had similar back stories. Thanks so much, glad you liked it!

Brooke - thank you! this is my first try at an OC so i'm glad it turned out well!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Nick Pace - Something from Nothing by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Another one I've been looking forward to! And OMG that was SO sad!!!!! Poor Nick! I feel so bad for poor Liam now But that was so incredibly emotional! And I have to say that this is perfect casting! Nick looks so much like Charlie! And sounds like him too
I loved your manips! My favourite manip was when Charlie and Nick were drinking in the pub together And I really liked that you had Megan in this too! I was kind of surprised at first because in my mind, she died way before Charlie crashed on the island. But it was cool that you included her, and the actress looked just like her too I also really liked the way you structured your storyline, with the beginning of Nick saying "that's not me, that's my brother" in the photo and then the gradual build up of their relationship with the occasional voiceover of Nick speaking about Charlie, leading to eventually both their deaths Very sad but very awesome vid, Morgan! I loved it, amazing job!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Nick Pace - Something from Nothing by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Wow, Morgan, that was so great! Totally believable storyline, well done!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, that was so emotional! Really great casting, he really looks and sounds like he could be Charlie and Liam's brother! And that ending! *clutches heart* That was just beautifully and powerfully edited!

Awesome job, I enjoyed it a bunch! ♥!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh awesome Morgan!!! man it would have been cool for charlie to have a little brother i loved the start; reversing Charlie getting off the plane to him actually boarding, that was really clever i loved the manips of Nick at the DS concerts too, so sad at the end! i loved the symmetry of this tho; with charlie diving and Nick dying, and the connection to the Hungry Caterpillar was really poignant

one thing, I don't think you needed the title cards, the story told itself without them

awesome job! x

Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Nick Pace - Something from Nothing by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Jemma: aww i know, the Pace family hasn't had much luck have they thanks so much! the manips were really fun to make, i'm glad you think they turned out so well Glad you liked it!

Heather: Thanks so much!

Ais: I know right! I feel like they totally could be brothers thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!

Kat: Thanks so much! but yeah, i totally agree with you. while i was making it it thought it would be kind of hard to follow lol but watching it over i can see that i def could have done with out them I'm glad you liked the end, i really didn't want to kill Nick off, but i felt like i had to, he was just too lost without his brother glad you like it!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Nick Pace - Something from Nothing by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Great storytelling. I loved how you played Nick's storyline out in sync with Charlie's.Those final scenes with them passing on together were very emotional. I loved the audio about the Hungry caterpillar book and how that story was so similar to Charlie and the moth on the island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: