Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Contest Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: April Contest Information Reply with quote

April 2011
Contest: "OC Crazy!"
Deadline: May 3rd - extended!

For all those creative vidders who enjoy designing their own original characters, it’s your lucky month! For this contest, we are asking you to go OC crazy and create your own Lost character to insert in to the storyline of Lost. They can be anyone you want to be: an Oceanic 815 passenger, an Other, a Dharma Initiative worker, a family member or love interest of one of the existing characters…the possibilities are endless! The most important thing is to weave your original character in to the show and tell us what their story is Make sure that whatever exciting backstory you have planned for your character is directly linked to an event or moment in Lost, for example, if your character is another survivor they would have to be shown during some of the major events that happened on the island, such as the plane crash or the discovery of the hatch, etc. Likewise, if your character is a flashback character/family member of an existing Lostie, they would have to be present at a major event in that character’s life, for example, an OC as Charlie’s sister might be shown in the scene where Driveshaft first play on the radio, or when Liam’s daughter is born. Just make the link to Lost as clear as possible to make sure that your OC is a presented as a Lost OC!

You can use a Lost OC that you already have or you can make up a new one for the contest but we want you to introduce us to your Original Character so please do not “borrow” other people’s OCs for your video In the same way, try not to do a direct copy of someone else’s OC. We want to see your ideas and originality through your own creation You may feature more than one Lost OC in your vid but try to put the main focus on one or two so there is a clear and understandable story to follow. Casting is the fun part; you may choose anyone you think is best to play the role of your Original Character but please make sure they are non-Lost actors. There is no claiming system for this contest.

And just to get the flow of creativity going, we’d prefer if any videos you submit are brand new and not one that was made prior to this contest! We are really looking forward to seeing some fresh, new entries for this one! If you need any help/support with your ideas, you can always try asking for advice in The OC Discussion Thread and see if you can get inspired

Good luck and have fun! I can’t wait to meet your OCs!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

• Make a video about an Original Character and insert them in to the plotline of Lost. Make sure that your character has a backstory and clear connection to the show.
• -Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - Non-Lost footage, trailers and promos are allowed but no crossovers please.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "April 2011 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder
• - We really want to see some new and fresh submissions for this contest so please do not submit older videos.
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!

Last edited by Jemmz on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't an April Fool's, is it? LOL it just seems way too perfect! I haven't vidded Carrie in waaay too long...
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it's not an April Fool's, lol! We thought it would be something a lot of you would enjoy
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooohh, cool! I've never done a full vid for Michayla, my Lost OC....so we'll see if this gives me the kick I need to finish one.

art by me&tammy
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited for this!!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to come up with an OC to enter into the contest.

I'm a little bit confused about how to insert someone into the storyline without creating a cross-over. Could you clarify for me what would be a cross over? I'm afraid some of the ideas I've thougt of would probably be considered cross-overs.

Macaila
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, by crossover we mean using a real character from another TV show. Like say using Olivia Dunham from Fringe and using her character exactly. Name, job, storyline, etc, and just adding it to Lost, like in a crossover video.

But, you can use Anna Torv (the actress who plays Olivia) as an original character named, for example, Lily who is Sawyer's sister who also crashes on the island, or something like that.

Does that clear things up?

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Basically, by crossover we mean using a real character from another TV show. Like say using Olivia Dunham from Fringe and using her character exactly. Name, job, storyline, etc, and just adding it to Lost, like in a crossover video.

But, you can use Anna Torv (the actress who plays Olivia) as an original character named, for example, Lily who is Sawyer's sister who also crashes on the island, or something like that.

Does that clear things up?

Thanks. That makes sense. I'll keep thinking on ideas and see if I can come up with an interesting story.

Macaila
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, I just wanna get this straight - does it have to be their full story, or can it be something else as long as you include a main event? like, I wanna focus on Carrie's relationships with various characters, would that be okay if I included, idk... Ben's confession from Dr Linus?
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds fine, Millie It doesn't have to be their whole story and you can most certainly focus on specific relationships if you want. The reason we have "include a main event" in there is so that the connection between the show and your OC is as clear as possible, so Ben's confession would work fine
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we allowed to do it trailer style?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, trailers are allowed.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned to finish my vid for Saturday, but my mum sprung a camping trip this weekend on me - so could I have until Tuesday please?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry for the late reply, Millie! An extension until Tuesday is fine! Good luck with it!

New deadline: May 3rd
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This contest is now closed! Good luck everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: