Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you miss about Lost?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: What do you miss about Lost? Reply with quote

I was rewatching All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues and I realized how much I loved the older seasons of the show and though the later seasons had their moments, the strongest moments were in the first three seasons.

What I miss the most is the whole Jack/Kate/Charlie friendship dynamic which was lost sort of after the first season, maybe sooner. See, I would've thought Jack and Kate would've had maybe a stronger reaction to Charlie's death seeing how they were the first ones who bonded with him really.

I feel really sad that the show is gone What do I waste my life on now? lol

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss that too, Amy! They had some adventures at the start of the series

I miss the earlier seasons too: the slower pace, the storylines, the friendships and relationships of the characters. And I miss all those lovely, sweet moments between the characters that seemed to go missing by the later seasons. Like the slow motion ensemble "everything's okay" endings. I missed those :\

You should find new obsessions, lol. Or carry on with fanfic and vids etc...I am
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, yep I have found some new obsessions so it's not too bad lol

Yeah, I also miss how it seemed so effortless to tell the story in the beginning. I didn't notice it so much then but now when I look back, the later seasons seem so rushed, like they knew there was only so much time left. Oh well

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The later seasons just seemed so rushed as if they're like "Crap we can't do it!" I think when they gave themselves the deadline that's when the show got weaker. It wasn't a bad show but the first three seasons were stronger.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the characters. They were what drew me into the show and they're what I miss most.

I think my sister and I convinced our mom to do a massive Lost rewatch with us this summer. I'm excited!

art by me&tammy
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, everything! I miss everything. The characters, the OMGWTF feeling after every episode, the soundtrack.....everything!

A sttupid thing but I really miss Skate too Though I do like Jate I really miss my OTP. They were the first ship I loved that much since Spuffy and I loved squeeing over them for 6 years and I loved their characters so much. I miss seeing them on my tv

I think I'm lucky that I've got another show and ship that I love even more then Lost. Otherwise I really would be lost!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Oh god, everything! I miss everything. The characters, the OMGWTF feeling after every episode, the soundtrack.....everything!

A sttupid thing but I really miss Skate too Though I do like Jate I really miss my OTP. They were the first ship I loved that much since Spuffy and I loved squeeing over them for 6 years and I loved their characters so much. I miss seeing them on my tv

I think I'm lucky that I've got another show and ship that I love even more then Lost. Otherwise I really would be lost!

THIS. The moment a twist you never expected comes and then The LOST text appears. LOL. (That's also why I like True Blood.)
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the characters and the early relationships. As much as I loved Lost I'm happy it finished when it did as I would have grown to dislike it if they had tried a S7.
I miss the suspense of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons, the relationship development and the angst of loss in those first 3 seasons whereas by the 4th 5th and 6th they were so used to everyone dying it felt too rushed and a bit 'meh'
I miss Boone, Shannon etc all those 1st season characters that I missed throughout Lost as it would have been so fantastic to have them all there.

I just want to reset my mind of Lost so I could watch it again with that excitable lust for more! *massive sigh* lol

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what I miss.... this thread

Seriously, I miss analysing each episode, and squealing over certain moments. Even watching the show back doesn't really have the same effect, although i do notice things I didn't before.

I know this is weirdly specific but I miss Claire and Aaron. We never really got any moments with them towards the end, minus the flash-sideways scene.

I also miss coming on here after an episode air to read everyone's thoughts/comments/opinions on here, followed by the odd bit of fanart

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Sawyer. I saw Josh Holloway on another show recently and it made me miss Sawyer like WHOA.

art by me&tammy
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Sawyer too Eryn! Big Time! I've never crushed over male character as much as I did Sawyer!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the lost cast in general. I don't really see them in anything anymore.

Looking forward to Evangeline in The Hobbit though

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I haven't really seen many of them in anything! Other than Daniel Dae Kim on Hawaii 5-0. Josh was in the one ep of Community and Emilie's going to be in Once Upon a Time sometime soon but I haven't really seen any of them in anything else.

I'm excited for The Hobbit too!!!!

Other things I miss about Lost....the friendship between Sawyer, Charlie, Hurley, and Jin. We didn't get to see enough of that even when the show was on!

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. There's not many pics of them flowing around.

I did see Tyler Perry in an interview; and they showed Matthew on set during a scene. Tyler explained that he shook Matthew's hand; and that was the end of their communication. Perry explained that he takes his role very seriously and therefore decided to avoid all off-screen contact with Fox during the filming.

I am looking forward to Holloway in Mission Impossible. And Fox's two new movies I, Alex Cross; and World War Z.

And of course Evi in The Hobbit.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I miss Sawyer. I saw Josh Holloway on another show recently and it made me miss Sawyer like WHOA.

What show did you see him on Eryn?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: