Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting Videos with Blogger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Posting Videos with Blogger Reply with quote

I have been toying with the idea of setting up a blog to have someplace to post my videos besides Youtube and Mediafire.

The major question that I have is if you upload a video directly to Blogger, do they check your content like Youtube does?I don't want to set up a blog just to have them mute and block my videos as well.

Also is there any limit to how long they keep your videos active?

Lastly, would the videos be viewable worldwide? Lately Youtube has been blocking my videos so much I often wonder what countries can see them.

I appreciate any input and suggestions you may have.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a quick look at Blogger, it belongs to Google but I couldn't find their terms of service for uploading a video without actually taking an account with them. If you already have an account, you should be able to find a terms of service thing wherever it is that you upload a video. More than likely, their terms of service will say the same thing that every hosting place does, that you can only upload content that you hold the copyright on. So that means that they could remove your vid for the video or audio content.

However, I'm not sure how diligent they are in actually enforcing that. The bottom line is that, unfortunately, ALL hosting places are going to protect their own rears when it comes to copyright violations because they don't want any of the TV, movie or music industries trying to sue them for allowing you to host a vid with them that has content that belongs to that particular group. It's just basically a matter of luck in whether or not you get caught. (Of course, Youtube has a lot of recognition software now in place to try to catch you immediately, mainly because they're such a big site that they have a lot of attention from the industries who own those copyrights and they've been threatened with very large lawsuits if they don't take steps to prevent vids with that material from being hosted on YT.)

Anyway, that's not particularly helpful for what you asked, sorry! You could definitely give it a try and just see how it goes! LVI isn't set up to embed from any place other than Youtube at the moment but it still is definitely nice to have a hosting place linked in your main video post so that if the YT one is disabled, you can still stream it elsewhere.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Google account ,so I'll take a look at the terms and services.When I was looking at the information about uploading a video it seemed like they weren't as strict about copyright stuff.(Although my Youtube and Google accounts are linked, so they might be equally as picky.)

I'll read up on it some more and maybe give it a test run with some of my more problematic Youtube videos and see if they also have a problem on Blogger.

I thought if it works, I can post direct links to the blog post with the video along with my Youtube link when I submit the video to this site. Hopefully then if there was a problem with the Youtube one, people would still be able to see it on the other site.

Thanks for the advice.
Macaila
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: