Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas- No audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vestica90
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Sony Vegas- No audio Reply with quote

I have Sony Vegas 8.0 c and when I import avi files, there is only video, but no audio.
help???
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Vegas has a serious problem with .AVI and having it either show up with video and no audio (that's what mine does ) or audio without video is very common.

There are a couple of ways to try to deal with the video/no audio. You can read Paul's tutorial here that describes the FourCC Code changer method. I've tried it myself and haven't had any luck getting it to work consistently. Some times changing the code will give me audio and video, sometimes it won't. However, I HIGHLY suggest before you try it, make a copy of your episode and try changing the code on it first because if it messes your episode up, then you can't just change it back. You'll have to rip/download the episode again. So a word of warning there.

The other thing I do, since I don't use audio all that often, is pop the scene I want the audio from into Windows Movie Maker, which oddly enough will give me audio and video with .AVI, and render the scene as WMV, import it into Vegas, then just use the audio. (Or you can render it as .WMA audio only to begin with but I find it easier just to do the whole scene and rip the audio off with Vegas later. )

If you use audio a lot, then you might need to render your episodes into .WMV with WMM, which takes time but will save you in the long run. I'm also looking into trying more codecs to see if I can find the one that will let it read the audio as well as the video but I haven't got any answers on that front yet.

Anyway, hope something here will help you in the meanwhile!
Vestica90
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I did that with movie maker earlier, but it just takes too long. I also tried FourCC Code changer-also not working. But it's ok, because I found good video converter, so I am going to convert all AVI files into WMV
Thanx anyway
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mind posting the video converter you use? I have this problem as well but the converter I use takes forever :S:S:S

Vestica90
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ANY VIDEO CONVERTER. Just google it, you'll find it. I heard that it's good, but I haven't tried it yet
pandafan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually use a video converter from sothink, which supports lots of video formats, and i am very satisfied with its great function.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: