Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reunion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reunion Reply with quote

So l accidentally caught the first episode tonight after watching the OC and this wasn't a bad show. l think l'm gonna tune into it every week now.
Did anyone else watch this show tonight?

Anyway the storyline was great. lt's about these 6 friends (in the 80's, 3 girls, 3 guys) and one of them gets murdered (in the present) and it starts off at the persons funeral but you don't know which one it is (who's funeral it is l mean). Anyway it goes into flashbacks from when they were in highschool and collage and they all are quite different but the same as well. Have you ever seen St. Elmo's Fire? lt's kind've like that movie. Theres all these great 80's songs in it too which l loved cause l'm a geek that loves 80s music. LOL.
Anyway you should check it out if you havn't seen it yet. lt was really good.
l can't wait til next week, all new episode.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this show and thought I'd check it out. I actually liked it a lot. The idea of it is great. I just really want to know who died!! I hope it wasn't Will

The only thing about this show was some of the things were a little predictable and typical, almost soap opera-ish. But if I have time, I might watch it next week
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the first 20 mins or so and wasn't too impressed with it.

It just seemed very "after school special" to me.

But I'm cynical like that. The first episode of most shows is generally not the greatest (with some notable exceptions--"Lost" being one of them) because they have to try to introduce the characters and backstories by working exposition into what is supposed to be regular conversations. It always seems forced to me.

I'm gonna wait until a few episodes have aired and then if everyone's like "Wow--best show EVER" I'll probably download the first few eps and give the rest of the season a chance. But for now I think I'm going to pass on it.

ETA: Though I DID enjoy the 80's music, I adore 80's pop culture

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Someone else watched it. SWAR...you rock!
Yeah l hope it wasn't Will either who died. Him and Carla are actually my two favs on the show and l know it's not Carla who died, obviously. lol.
But yeah it was alittle predictable. lt reminded me ALOT like the movie St. Elmos Fire. You know the 7 friends and one of the guys likes one of the girls and she likes one of the other guys. LOL.
But yeah l liked it enough. l'm gonna keep watching it l guess.
Hopefully it's gonna get a whole lot better soon.

l'll let ya know Ringwench if the show picks up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: