Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"coming back to you" by Belxf

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: "coming back to you" by Belxf Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"coming back to you" 12-30-2010
Kate leaves Jack to die in the island, and is now back to LA.
Song: all this time by one republic
Vidder: Belxf
Length: 3:45 (269MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5EBuOhLAqU

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE THIS BEL!!!!!!!!! I've missed your vids so much! And this vid is another example of the wasted Flash-sideways time last season; i would have much rather seen this! The start with Claire arriving home to her mother and Aaron was awesome, made me all clappy-hands inside Her finding the ring was perfect, and finding out she was pregnant I think every Jater believes kate was pregnant after that night with Jack and nice shot of Kate looking pregnant at 1;17!!! and using Julie from Look whose talking 2 was awesome; isn't she a perfect Jaby??? i've used her before I ADORED the ending, with Hurley and Ben finding Jack and sending him back; that was so clever!! Brilliant stuff!!! ADORED IT BEL!!

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

I squeed my pants a little when I saw this in my inbox. THE SONG? THE PAIRING? THE STORY? THE VIDDER? All ingredients for an epic video. I even made my self a little "viewing party" for the occasion. I had it load in it's own window in 720 and prepared to be blown away. And boy was I ever!

I just love the way you tell stories. Such a great editor. I love your set up with that "goodbye" scene. *PAUSE* can I also just stop and mention how much I love the text you used? AMAZING *UNPAUSE* You set everything up so nicely and your manips are done just right. It's kind of simple really and you only show it for a second but we get the point and it really moves the story along and then when you use audio on top of it, it just really sells the story and the characters' motivations (Like when Jack says to get Claire back to Aaron). Also I love that amongst all these manips and AU story telling you still manage to use the song to it's full potential. There's great beat use and musicality in your editing and on top of that you still manage follow the lyrics. It's really the whole package. The perfect balance of what makes an amazing video.

CLIP CHOICES: I really love the parallel you drew with season 1 and season 6 Jate scenes and also the "Jacket/Skate" drama. Also I don't know why, but that part where Kate finds the ring and puts it on is smazing to me. I just love it.

I also like Kate telling Claire "the news" Also is it just me or does she legit look maybe/kind of pregnant in those scenes? Whatever. IT SO WORKS.

And then it wasn't until I watched it the second time that it dawned on me but all those Jack and Kate scenes are in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. I LOVE THAT SHIT. And you timed it all so well. It worked perfectly with the lyrics. And the build up was mind blowing!

But OMG when that saturated coloring kicked in... I LOST MY MIND. It was beautiful and I immediately new what was happening. It was sooo well done and it made total sense with the way the show works. BRILLIANT. And the way you cut together that scene of Jack in the hospital with the stuff from Lock's epi was SO GOOD. so good. You totally sold it. AND THEN YOU DID ALL CROSS CUTTING TO KATE AND THE JABY? (also we're not even gonna talk about how much I love that you used "look who's talking too") AMAZING. I loved Jake waking up and Ben being there.

WAY TO BUILT THE STORY TO THE CLIMAX TO END ALL CLIMAXES.

OMG!!!! That manip of Kate opening the door with Jake standing in it? I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THAT. It worked so well and I loved their facial expressions. I also loved that it was the very last second of the song. NICELY DONE.

This video means a lot to me for so many reasons. I just love this story and I love how you reworked the ending. I ALWAYS thought that Kate was pregnant with Jacks baby after that night they shared.

Also this video came at the perfect time for me because I am just about to embark on a similar video with another fandom. I'm nervous about doing it because I don't know if I can putt it off, but I feel like your video gave me the boost of confidence I needed to get going. IT CAN BE DONE. AND IT CAN BE DONE BEAUTIFULLY. I can do this!!!! I'll be sure to watch this video another 8,000 times for inspiration. Cause that's what you are Bel: AN INSPIRATION.
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

New ideas! Thats what i was talking about a week ago... hope i inspired you and other vidders as well to expand the limits !.Excellent edit !!!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEL! I am thrilled to see a new video from you!!!!! This was spectacular!!!! The storyline was really wonderful and the song choice was absolutely perfect for it! Extraordinary editing, beat use and coloring too! I loved how you made Jack disapear when Kate thought she saw him with the baby. That just made the story feel more realistic!! Your manips and just about every clip were so creative!!! Beautiful ending too, I smiled! Wonderfully captivating video Bel! I've missed you!!!!!!! *hugs!*

DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

Brilliant editing. You're manips and incredible and so realistic. I didn't even question that this is what actually happened. The ending was perfect. Amazing vid.
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat Hi Kat!!!! Thank you so much for the comment! I'm sooo happy you liked the vid! So I guess I'm not so rusty after all, huh?
I miss LVI so much! I just realized how much I really miss it!
I completely agree that the flashsideways were a big waste of time! I was so annoyed when I found out what they really were...
Yes, I believe... actually I'm a 100% sure Kate was really pregnant! Look who's talking 2 was the only movie I could think of... probably because I had already used the first one!
Glad you liked Hurley and Ben finding Jack, I wasn't sure if that would work...
Anyway, I'm really happy to be back!

Yael Thank you so much for the AWESOME comment! It's just so good to have such a detailed comment! And to see someone noticed every little detail of your vid (like the clips in chronological order...)!
My main worry when I'm making an AU vid, is to tell a believable story, that people don't have to read the description to understand, and I'm really happy you think I do that well!
Yeah, I tried to make a pregnant Kate on that scene!
And you noticed the thing about the saturated color kicking in too! I wasn't sure if people would get that! I guess I hadn't made an AU vid in such a long time, that I wasn't sure about most of the things I doing...
Again, thank you so, so much for the kind words! I'm happy I inspire you! I know you'll make a beautiful video!

KastratoThanks! I'm happy you liked the video!

Kate Im thrilled you're thrilled to see a new vid from me! Thanks!
I've missed all of you too!
I'm glad you thought the story was realistic and that you smiled at the end! That's exactly what I was going for!

Dennis Thank you, I'm really happy you think the manips are realistic and that you didn't question the storyline. I believe these are very important aspects of an AU vid.

_bel_
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really missed your vids Bel! This one was amazing! How the hec did you make Kate look pregnant? That was so cool! All your manip were breathtaking like the scene with Jack by the crib and then he disappears!!! and I loved the scene with Kate putting her ring back on! Incredible story and manips Bel!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nikki!

Thank you so much for your comment! I'm really happy you liked the vid and the story!
To make Kate pregnant I just used magic. And the punch effect on Sony Vegas ... I was randomly looking at the effects and had this idea and it worked!

_bel_
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

This was a really nice and sweet Jate video. I liked Kate finding the ring. I thought that was a really nice touch. LOL! I loved seeing the pic of Matt and Evi at Kate's desk. That was also a nice touch. It was really nice to see Kate pregnant/ and the baby. The ending was so great! This was so great; all the edits/manips were so great. And I LOVED seeing the baby from Look Who's Talking Too she was so adorable!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

OMG a new Bel vid!!! Beautiful!!! I LOVE the way the vid ended.
deathwinged

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

omg, first vid to watch in 2011 and i loved every bit of it!!! loved seeing kate prego, so cute.
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke Thank you so much!
I'm glad you thought those scenes were nice touches and that you liked the ending! The baby from Look who's talking too really is adorable! I had so much fun finding her scenes, cause they were all so cute!

Heather Hey Heather!
Thank you! I'm glad you liked the ending! I just wish it was true...

deathwinged Thank you! I'm happy you liked your first vid from 2011... and I hope that's a good sign!

_bel_
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously can't get over this video...it had me tearing up then literally crying by the end...your manips are just out of this world...and the storyline...omg what a dream come true...your lyrical interpretation was spot on by the way! I just about squee'd when Claire and Aaron went to her mom's and she saw Aaron...how sweet...:') I love the "all the days that I cost" and the skate and jacket scenes thrown in there...Omg and then Kate finding the ring and then seeing Jack's proposal...ahhhh...oh and the montage of them smiling...i think this is when I started to tear up 1:39-1:52ish (to see them smile the way they are and just the way they interact)
2:19- the end of the video....the clips you used to the pace of the music just had my attention the whole time...I straightened up and just stared in awe...the storyline...amazing...seriously...I was in tears from the moment Hurley pops up finding him and the way it was parallel to her with the baby and everything until they came face to face
crying forever <3

you amaze me always and I've said it before and I'll say it again...you were the reason i ever started vidding!! ♥
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: coming back to you by Belxf Reply with quote

Absolutely Beautiful story.I loved the happy ending. I didn't see that coming. I was fighting tears through the whole vid.The manips you did of Kate being pregnant were so believeable.Loved the part with Kate looking at the engagement ring.This was just such a creative story and I really enjoyed watching it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: