Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vid Submission Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedeemingTheUneven
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Vid Submission Issue Reply with quote

Hey Council,

I've been having some problems submitting here the past couple of days. I fill out all the necessary fields, and then when I go to submit, it comes up with the "Some required fields were left blank. Click the Back button on your browser and try again." message. I've tried troubleshooting by chopping and changing things in the 'Fandoms:' and 'Characters/Ships:' tabs. Tried a whole heap of different variations with them. (Including making it multifandom -- having one fandom Lost and the other Private Practice -- because I noticed nikkimonique's recently submitted vid "Traumatic-Part2|| LOST/PrivatePractice" has those details. But I had no success in that, either. Got the same message telling me I'd left some required fields blank.)

I'm thinking this might just be a temporary fault as you do the epic multifandom switch over, but I figured I'll bring it up now; curious if anyone else is running into the same problem. I've attached a pic of my filled-out form, so you guys can look over that and make sure I'm not getting anything wrong.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, looking over your screencap (thanks so much for that, by the way, it really helps to be able to see what we're talking about ), I don't see anything that should be triggering that message. Something you might try is submitting it with another browser, if you have one. Occasionally IE/Firefox/Chrome will suddenly get an issue with our submit form and will trigger weird errors like that.

Hopefully that will do the trick! *fingers crossed* So sorry that it's giving you a hassle! Hopefully we'll get things settled down soon!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue and what I had to do was actually type out Lost and Private Practice even though I had already selected them in the menu. And then it worked.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedeemingTheUneven
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROBLEM SOLVED
I was just about to try it in another browser (IE) like you suggested, Aislynn, then I saw Nikki's post, and that's done the job. I remember I had typed 'Lost' out before like that - after selecting it from the list - but I also had the 2nd Fandom option set to Lost too (should have wised up and tried it w/o the latter)

So anyway, it's working now.
Thanks for your responses! Really appreciate it

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay Glad that worked for you too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry that the tag system is being a bit buggy. It's still in a few pieces in there and isn't all up to speed yet. *pets tag code*

Anyway, I'm glad that Nikki had the answer! Thanks, Nikki!
RedeemingTheUneven
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. I hate misbehaving tag codes.
Honestly, you guys have a massive task developing the site, and you're doing awesomely, so don't be the least bit sorry.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you so much for saying that! We really appreciate your understanding!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: