Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not to do with Vidding but I need help with NERO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Not to do with Vidding but I need help with NERO Reply with quote

Sorry to bug you all with this ... but I am having trouble with Nero, everytime I try to burn a VCD about 5% into encoding it ... i get a message saying 'Unknown Error with Video MPEG Encoder' or something like that.... I am pretty low on comp memory, hence why i am trying to burn everything then delete it....

anyone have any ideas... i would be greatly appreciative for any advice whatsoever.

thanks in advance
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and i have been to the Nero site... and looked up the FAQ and nothing at all
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven no experience with burning, so sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey Vicks, l use Nero Express to burn videos. Been doin' it for quite some time now actually. LOL.

Ok this is what l do --> First off l burn my vids onto CD-R cd recordable disc's and you can get them practically at any store. Hell even the dollor stores here has them. lol.
Anyway make sure your settings are on D: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8525B [CD-R/RW] and then choose Videos/Pictures|Video CD. Then start pulling over the vids you wanna burn. Oh yeah l almost forgot, make sure your yellow maker is at 74 min and your red marker is at 80 min. You can switch it in Configure on the first page when it open's up. DO NOT PASS THAT RED LINE! If you do you're last couple of vids probably will not get encoded and copied. Happened to me once. LOL

Then once you're finished pulling over all of your vids just click next and choose your settings (layout, background, Text, etc...) click next again for the last time and click on the burn option and woohoo! You've done it.
Now you just wait for like an hour or so until it's done.

Hope that helps ya out Vicks.

Also l think the problem with 'Unknown Error with Video MPEG Encoder' thingy is that one of the videos is not burnable. At least l think it's the vid because this has happened to me before as well. l had to find which vid and convert to avi, l think. l can't really remember cause it happened along time ago but l remember it had to do with a video.
Have you played all of them in Nero to see if they all worked fine? You might wanna try that.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly you are an absolute legend!!!!!!!!! I think what you have said will definately help... for starters I have 2 types of files... I'm trying to burn... avi and wmv... so that must be the problem.... so it only accepts avi right????

well i'll check it out later on and I swear if it works... I will love you forever
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL absolute legend!!! l feel so old.

No Nero should accept both avi and wmv files. l think l tried to burn a RM video or it was a Quick Time one last time and niether of them would encode.
So l had to convert it into an avi/wmv type of file.
Any of your vids in RM pr QT? Cause that might be the problem if they are.
Avi and WMV files should both burn easily and fine in Nero. They do in mine anyway.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all ya help Holly although the file type wasn't the problem Still don't know what it was but I'm gonna keep working on it

You're still a legend in my eyes

(btw way how old are you??? )
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky wrote:
You're still a legend in my eyes

(btw way how old are you??? )

LOL l'm actually not that old, l'll be 21 on the 24th of this month.
WooHoo! Going to the bar for a few drinks, should be fun. LMAO

Also you're welcome sweety, although l feel like l didn't really help that much since you still can't seem to encode your vid.
Hmm......weird. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: