Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying" by AT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATLsportsLOVE
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: "LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying" by AT Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying" 12-02-2010
november 2010 contest submission! im thankful for the relationships and how most of the losties tried to live each day as if it were their last
Song: Live Like Were Dying by Kris Allen
Vidder: ATLsportsLOVE
Length: 3:23 (150MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62fvoL5LUWw

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the video was well-done, particularly for a first-timer.

I like the stuttery-to-grayscale beats; this vid was mostly on beat, although at times, the first beat in the bar wasn't acknowledged when I was expecting it to be. Since you have a strong drumbeat backing the song, that can be a bit awkward at times (I speak from experience -- I almost always seem to wind up with sharp drumbeats that aren't quite hit.)

Good fitting lyrics with the plane exploding and the 'dying' lines, which stuck out to me, although a few of the 'phonecall'-type lyrics felt more of a force-the-footage-to-fit-the-line than something more organic -- but I'm picky about lyrics above all things.

I'm not generally a fan of using dialogue lines in the video, but that's personal preference, not a bad thing, and hasn't affected my vote.

Good job!
ATLsportsLOVE
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying by ATLsportsLOVE Reply with quote

haha that's funny you called me out on the drumbeats and the phonecall lyrics because those are two of the things i really couldn't stand about the video. i just couldn't seem to get the timing right, and i did manipulate the phone scenes to fit the line, which ended up really bothering me. but then sony vegas started freaking out on me and i just gave up on fixing anything.

anyway, thank you sooo much for such a well-thought-out critique! i know some people don't like to hear any kind of criticism, but i absolutely loved your entire comment. it's really helpful for new vidders like me to hear about what could have been better by experienced vidders like you, so thanks again for taking the time to watch it and tell me what you thought!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

I wouldn't call myself an experienced vidder per se ("journeyman vidder" fits better to approximate my level), but I do like to critique! Glad to hear you appreciated the criticism; thanks for the heads-up.

I don't know why the phonecall line stuck out to me -- I think it was because the lyrics surrounding it were on point and then the 'Who would you call with your last goodbye?' seemed to me like it should have focused more on the 'goodbye' and less on the 'phonecall.' Just an instinctive guess, anyway.

As far as Vegas losing its (tiny little) mind, try prerendering in shorter pieces (verses and choruses) and then fitting those into the final project; it might make things easier on you.

You've done quite well, though!
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying by ATLsportsLOVE Reply with quote

Love it! The stop effect was perfect and well as the lyric interp for the "love you" parts and "dying" parts. Gold
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying by ATLsportsLOVE Reply with quote

Great job, Dora! That was soooo cute! Perfect song! Good luck in the contest!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the stop effect, that worked really well with the music and for the vid, in my opinion! Nicely done, I enjoyed it a lot!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying by ATLsportsLOVE Reply with quote

Cool video, nice effects!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: LOST ensemble ; gotta live like were dying by ATLsportsLOVE Reply with quote

Love the song first of all, nice choice! I really loved the black and white effect you used for just the people keeping the background normal color, very cool! Your lyric interpretation was perfect! loved this!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: