Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid" by elor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: "In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid" by elor Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid" 11-30-2010
November 2010 contest submission. From Jack and Locke, to Shannon and Boone, to the epic Jate/Suliet quadrangle, it was the many complex relationships that I loved best about Lost.
Song: The Promise by When in Rome
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 3:46 (99.5MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf_vbVlR7e4
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddrdg4dqdtgtcch

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awful lot of hugs for one video, with me watching. Also too much Jack (and Kate) for me. But I digress...

Anyway. I thought this was well-edited and the snow/sparks texture was good, especially as it alternated between the two to avoid getting repetitive. I wasn't sure at first if it would work, since the Island is so sunny and the first read of it was snow instead of, like, ashes from a firework, but it fit in partway through.

You know I'm not really a relationships person in terms of the show (especially in terms of the "epic quadrangle"), so not the target audience in terms of that, but this didn't hit my sappy/treacly button, thanks to the fast edits and the lack of extensive focus on one couple or another.

Well done!

(By the way, the Youtube load was kind of slow. It could just be my connection, but fyi...)
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thanks, Kate!

Well, since Jate was my Lost OTP, I had to give them a little extra attention. But, I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway, and I'm really glad that you didn't see it as too sappy... that is a *huge* compliment, coming from you! Also, I'm glad you thought the spark effect worked. I wasn't sure about it at first either, but I think it really blends in well. Thanks for your comments and for the YT FYI.
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

it was slow for me to load, but internet on my ranch is crappy!! Anyway, I loved all the moments-You got everyone in and I loved that you gave them all the love the deserve. .....I loved the effects and each and every moment. BTW my dear the Music is AWESOME!!! We dont get enough good 80's!!!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't know what's up with YouTube lately. Even when you sit and let videos cache, they'll still sometimes stall in the middle. Meh!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Nikki! The Promise is probably my very favorite 80's song. It came out when I was in 9th grade. XD
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

This was so wonderful! The song worked perfectly with the clips chosen, and the coloring was gorgeous.
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

Wow, this makes me so happy to watch. I especailly loved the part where it looks like Desmond's saying "promise." The fact you used an 80s song also makes me love this even more; it's such a great song in general and fits the ensemble. The way you started the vid with Jack looking up before dying and then seeing the clips through the canopy was such a smart way to start, especially with the fireworks effects.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was amazing Julia! The relationships were my fav . part of Lost too! I loved your opening and all that sparkly stuff coming up from Jack like it was his spirit and then I love how you zoomed in slowly until you couldn't see the tree tops anymore. Cool effect! I loved all the moments you picked. You picked such a funny shot of the net scene. Kate's face made me LOL!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

Wow, that was a gorgeous vid, Julia!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was so lovely! I really loved how you used those sparks by framing them around the outside like that so it was still easy to see the action in the middle. It worked perfectly! *thumbs up*

I loved the song choice as well. *has nostalgia* I remember taping this song off the radio with my boombox, lol! *is ancient* It worked really well for the vid and I really could feel your love for the show and all of the relationships! Awesome work!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

This was FABULOUS, Julia!!! Made me smile so much!! You showed all the relationships really well and the pretty moving texture was wonderful! Gorgeous work!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

Aww Julia, I LOVED this!! It was so uplifting and has such a great vibe to it! It's one of those vids where you can just feel the vidder's love for the fandom oozing from it, and it's so infectious! I loved watching and you had me smiling I loved those moving textures you had, they really added to the atmosphere and worked so fantastically Awesome job hun!!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: In the End (The Promise) -- Ensemble Vid by eloramoon Reply with quote

Awwww Julia that was really sweet! I loved it!! Great song choice! I really loved the sparkle overlay you used. Great clip choices!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: