Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Make Me Better - Part 2" by nikkimonique

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: "Make Me Better - Part 2" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Make Me Better - Part 2" 12-03-2010
This is a sequel to Kats awesome vid. Ana tries to move on with her life but is stuck in a world of guilt for leaving her baby behind.
Song: Childhood, I Forgive You by Yann Tierson & Thomas Newman
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 4:15 (200mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWxXDrpm4mA

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r1cf3a

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, NIkki that was intense!!!! i loved those scenes of Ana and that sawyer look alike Him writing his number on her arm was really cute I really liked the Sawyer/ana fight 'dont take it out on me cos you feel guilty."

some of the audio cut out in parts tho, like i thought it some words cut off too quickly, but it wasn't a big deal

I loved the ending, too, and all the Kana convos were so good! "Tell me I'm gonna see you again/No." harsh Ana! so well done! I loevd that you included Charlie and Claire in this as well, it adds more to what my vid covered looking back!

Thanks so much for making a sequel nikki! It was, if you haven't gathered, awesome as always! <3 <3 <3

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat! I know what you mean about the dialog. It was b/c some of the dialog would have a word directly after but I had to cut it out bc it wouldn't make sense. So some of the dialog was a little choppy, I agree;) I'm glad you like the Claire and Charlie parts. I felt like it would be weird if I didn't mention them at all . the other ending I had in mind was Kate stealing Anas baby back and them running away together and Claire and Charlie being devestated never to see her again. But I settled on the nicer version.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOh; that would have been kinda cool to see... but i like the happy ending too

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another solid opening -- the black-and-white footage with the plinky piano felt appropriately like a flashback. The misty/sunny coloring in Australia was also nice; it gave the footage a burnished look but did it subtly. The fiery bit was also effective and well-edited.

The story was still fairly comprehensible, although the ending chick confused me -- I don't think it was Kate (was it? sorry, small laptop screen) and got that it was Ana's new love interest, but was not sure whom it was or why she was there exactly, for the sake of the story.

The somber music was well-chosen; I liked that a large part of it was instrumental. It wasn't oppressively weepy, which would have turned me off.

Quibbles: Sawyer looking from his left side at Ana who's looking at him from HER left caught my eye, especially when the next time he is looking at her from his right side. I know, it's stupidly picky, but I was like, 'Wait, what?' Ana's 'You OK?' and Kate's 'Do you want this baby now?' and 'I do' were too far off from the sync; the lip movements stuck out to me. I couldn't make out the 'Tell me I miss you (?) ' line from the audio.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for watching Kate...lol the chick at the end was supposed to be Ana with her Baby that she had with Sawyer. I know it wasn't the same actress but I tried to crop her face out and make it quick so it would seem like Ana. I know some of the syncing and stuff was off at times but that's just how AUs are b/c there is no way to make it completely perfect when you are telling such an elaborate story.

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Make Me Better - Part 2 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

awh, I really loved this! 'specially the use of MRod's scenes in Battle In Seattle, I didn't know you had that movie too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Millie! I just saw that movie for the first time last week! It was really really good!

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Make Me Better - Part 2 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this Nikki-your storytelling as always was amazing, and I loved the use of Kate in this.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for watching Becca!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: