Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Under the Influence" - Charlie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: "Under the Influence" - Charlie Reply with quote

# "Under the Influence" 2005-02-17
Charlie dealing with his drug addiction.
# Song: Under the Influence by Matthew Good
Vidder: Ringwench
Length: 4:32 (7.9MB WMV)

Link: http://www.ringwench.com/undertheinfluence.zip

This was previously on the site, but it hada broken link. We voted once again to see if it should be on, and guess what? great job on it. it really does deserve to be on here.
My first impressions:
"I thought it was great. The only scenes I could see that werent cut for a long time were there for a reason because they fit the music beat still. And the scenes, especially at the beginning, fit the lyrics really pleasurably. Granted, it did go a little long, but that was just the song. I thouroughly enjoyed it..."

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed May 18, 2005 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BellPacket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so rare to find a vid done to a Matt Good (Band) song, but this one was great! It's weird because I was thinking of doing a vid with this song, but for Sark from Alias.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and the song really fit as well. I especially liked the ending and how well it went. Good job
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
It's so rare to find a vid done to a Matt Good (Band) song, but this one was great!

Thank you! Funny you should say that, the other vid I just submitted to the site (which I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be good enough to make it on!) is ALSO to a Matt Good song. I have another one I'm considering doing as well if I can make it work (problem with using Matt's music for vids is that sometimes he puts in lyrics that just don't make any freakin sense within the context of the rest of the song!). But yeah, you could say I'm a tad obsessed with his music!

And Hobbes, I'm glad the longer clips didn't cause you to reject my vid! I ususally try to stay away from longer clips but some of these just fit. I'm glad you liked it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same way usually long clips are a video death warrant, but sometimes they can be done really well, like this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well just say what i said in the council-LOVED the religious imagery in the middle of the video--and considering i'm jewish i think that counts twice LOL. Thought this video was wonderful-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BellPacket

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
Quote:
It's so rare to find a vid done to a Matt Good (Band) song, but this one was great!

Thank you! Funny you should say that, the other vid I just submitted to the site (which I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be good enough to make it on!) is ALSO to a Matt Good song. I have another one I'm considering doing as well if I can make it work (problem with using Matt's music for vids is that sometimes he puts in lyrics that just don't make any freakin sense within the context of the rest of the song!).
I know, his lyrics can be soooo out there. Like the beginning is fine, and then it goes crazy, so it's really hard to do a vid to it
Quote:
But yeah, you could say I'm a tad obsessed with his music!
Hee, me too.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pairing of lyrics with clips. The transition into Charlie playing onstage to the guitar solo at 2:51 was the high point of the vid for me. If Charlie was American Indian he would be after you for stealing his soul and putting it into your vid. The title effect at the end was really cool too.

Thanks so much for sharing this!

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link: http://www.ringwench.com/undertheinfluence.zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: