Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Haunted" by Im1oftheOceanic6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: "Haunted" by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Haunted" 10-20-2010
A video about the smoke monsters reign of terror on the islands inhabitants.Happy Halloween
Song: Haunted by Evanescence
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 3:22 (21.1MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Video available by request.
Please leave a comment or PM me (with the name of this video in the subject) if you would like to see this video and I will try to get you a link.
This vid and YouTube don't seem to get along so I no longer maintain a permanent link.

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Haunted by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

wow this was really good! good use of effects
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Haunted by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

ooh, that was really creepy/scary! Perfect for Halloween! Great job!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Haunted by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Cool, creepy vid!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Heather!

And a very belated thank you to Jemma and Kathy for your comments.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Haunted by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Awesome! Great idea for a vid!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Julia.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Haunted by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Cool and very atmospheric vid! Love the song choice!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Karolina! Glad you liked the song. Everytime I would hear this song I'd think of the smoke monster/Flocke.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Albertalbern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video....well-done "Im1oftheOceanic6"..
This video are very famous in my friends.
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to view it and YouTube is giving me an error! I'd rather not download if I can YouTube it...any ideas?
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarlett_106 wrote:
I just tried to view it and YouTube is giving me an error! I'd rather not download if I can YouTube it...any ideas?

Thanks for the interest in my vid.

I don't currently have the vid on YT. It shouldn't be on mediafire anymore either. ( I just forgot to remove the links. )

I will try to post a new YT link to the vid in the next day or so.
This vid was always popular around Halloween so I'll try to get it active again.

Please check back in a day or so and if you only see the YT link, then it should be active.

-----------------
Edit:

Looks like I probably won't be able to get a YT link. It always got blocked on my account and I think they're going to block it again.

This video is available by request though. If anyone is interested in seeing it you can leave a message here or PM me and I will try to send you a link.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was a really cool and eerie vid! I sometimes forget all the scary moments of Lost, haha. I loved how you did so many shots from Smokey's perspective, and how you colored some of them red--very eerie effect. I also love the "I can feel you pull me down" with the clips of Rousseau's teammate getting pulled down Smokey's pit. And so many cool perspective shifts, and how you tied Flocke in, too (and Alex, etc).

The "eye" shape was a little frustrating at times only because I wanted to see more of the vid/clips, but it didn't cut off the scene or anything. Awesome transitions, especially that gate-slam thing toward the beginning--very fitting!

Thanks for sharing! Really nice job editing.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you enjoyed the vid!
This was a fun vid to make because I generally like to do fluffy/comedy vids or angsty ship vids so doing a spooky vid was a fun departure.

I had heard this song for awhile and it always made me think of smokey /Flocke so I thought it would be cool to show part of the vid from his POV and parts from those who encountered him as smokey or Flocke.

This song had some tricky lyrics but when it said "loving me" I just knew that had to be Alex. You could see how much Ben had loved her when she appeared to him as the smoke monster.

Glad you liked the red effect. That was really tricky to edit. It just felt fitting for smokey who was a very blood thirty entity.

The part with Montaund being pulled into smokey's pit is one of my favorite parts too. My favorite part is when smokey attacks Eko at 0:52.

I don't remember quite why I did the eye effect on this vid. I probably would have changed that in hindsight. When I've watched this more recently I've found it and the intensity of some of the smoke effect a little distracting. Usually I don't do a lot of effects or special transitions but with this vid I just had a vision for what I wanted it to look like before I even started putting it together. It was really fun to play with the beats and different music parts and adapt the effects to that.

I like that gate effect too. When I heard that part of the music I knew I wanted to do some kind of special transition like that for it.

Thank you again for watching and commenting.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: