Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Open Your Eyes" by IamSoLostRightNow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: "Open Your Eyes" by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Open Your Eyes" 08-07-2008
The first Kalex video
Song: Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Vidder: IamSoLostRightNow
Length: 4:47 (73MB .mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uF7opHnPlY
http://www.zshare.net/video/166705810235a78b/

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yael, that was such a brilliant vid! I loved the editing with all the quick cuts and the amazing split-screens and masks. Your interpretation of the lyrics was superb and the ending with Karl and Alex being reunited in "heaven" was so sweet, sad, but definitely sweet and kinda poetic. Great work!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

AHH! That was totally brilliant!! I had like a huge deja-vu moment during one part and I can't explain it, lol maybe it was the brainwashing slideshow messing with my head

But anyway, I loved the whole thing, you did a beautiful job with the editing, and lyrics, and the scene choices <3
xxx
-Kait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Yael!! That was just woah!! Beyond creative! I'm so stunned I don't even know what to say! I loved how it all kind of revolved around the brainwashing the Others were doing to Karl....I got major chills with the Sawyer scene and then music picked up and gave me even more chills! Well, I don't know what else to say..I'm little lost for words right now!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what an awesome video. Such a great song to work with and I loved how you did this video, very different yet creative
Your split screens were cool, and very fitting.
I loved the end that was just awww and very cool
Awesome work!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yael, you are truely a wonderful vidder and person for doing this lovely video.

Inspiring and unique styles are shown in the entire video, and I admire that! I haven't seen a Kalex vid in so long! I've never seen one quite like this, but it was just amazing. I loved all of the different images throughout and they were very fitting. Your split screens were awesome, your editing rocked out loud..your audio choices were great, and it was simply flawless Yael! Be very proud, just a huge well done to you.

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja- Wow thanks Karolina! That means a lot coming from you! Yeah, sad ending I'm so upset that they died.

Kait- Yay thanks Kait! Deja-vu? From what? That's creepy!

Nikki- Thank you Nikki! It gave me chills to read that you got chills! I'm glad that Sawyer scene worked. I really do believe it was "worth it."

Charlie- I'm glad you liked the song. I know it's over used, but I could really picture the whole video in my head, so I had to use it. Thanks for the kind words!

Kate Wow Kate, Thank you soo much! That is so sweet of you to say (I feel the same way about you)! I really wanted Karl and Alex to have a really dramatic shipper video. All the other lost pairings have one and I think the love between Karl and Alex was much deeper and more... tragic than most of them. I am very proud of this video. Big HUGS to you Kate! Thank you!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

WOW very cool! The beginning was very well-done, I bet that took a long time to do! I love to see unique vids like this!
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Wow that was really amazing video Enjoyed every second of it...great ))
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah; so sad!!! i miss Kalex! this vid made me realize how much i loved them great song/tribute for these two; well done i really loved it

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Beautiful vid! The ending was perfect!
Great use of the song, everything fit very well! Loved how you used the brainwash thing!
Awesome job!!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel- Thank you! Actually that part with the pics of Alex didn't take too long. I just took stills and cropped/resized them to fit the screen. The ending though, that took forever! There must have been like seven layers of video!

Borislava- Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a lot of seconds and I think my longest video ever.

Kat- Gahhh ! I know! But I am actually glad that this video makes people think about these two characters in a new way. R.I.P Kalex

Bel- OMG thank you so much! It really means a lot coming from you because I think your Open Your Eyes vid is the best one I've ever seen. I must have watched it about 5 more times so I could get the feeling/pace of my video just right.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

This is awesome!
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

great use of photos and images, well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: