Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please update your vid links ASAP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Please update your vid links ASAP Reply with quote

As we're setting up the Tournament and Members' Choice Awards for 2010, this year more than any other so far, we're finding tons of Youtube links that are being disabled for certain countries or entire YT accounts that have been closed all together.

So we're asking everyone to please check over your vids and if they have only a Youtube link, would you please add a secondary link to an alternate hosting place? This applies particularly for a vid that you entered into the Tournament but also for ANY vid you have that was on site from October 1st, 2009 to September 30th, 2010 that has a Gold Viewer Pick and Council Pick because we're going through ALL eligible vids to create the category nominees for the MCAs. And if we can't see your vid, then we can't consider you for a category spot, nor can anybody vote for you in the Tourney/MCAs at all.

We urgently need your new links as soon as possible since the Tournament starts at the beginning of November. Any vid that fails to have a working link at the start of the Tournament and Members' Choice Awards will have to sadly be disqualified and we definitely don't want that to happen.

The Hosting Guide on the main site is in the process of being updated but in the meanwhile, here are some suggestions for alternate hosting places besides Youtube:

Streaming (greatly preferred if at all possible given the number of vids that we'll all be trying to watch for the Tournament and MCAs )
Namaste Nikki Town
Vidders (formerly BAMVidVault)
Dailymotion
Vimeo (Some people have still been able to avoid being deleted here but sadly, they're not vidder friendly and are prone to deleting accounts without warning if they catch you uploading fanvids. )

Streaming/downloadable
zShare
4shared
Badongo (Doesn't work for everybody, unfortunately. )

Downloadable only
Mediafire
Megaupload
Rapidshare
Hotfile

If you know of any other reliable hosting place, whether streaming, downloadable or both, feel free to use that as well (and let us know about them so we can add them to the list ). We didn't include Sendspace or Yousendit here because they have such a short "lifespan" (lasting usually only 7 days) and we need links that can hopefully last throughout the entire Tournament.

Thank you so much for your help with this! Adding a secondary link is really a win/win situation since, after all, you want people to be able to see your vids and hopefully vote on them in the Tournament and MCAs and the CMs want to be able to give every eligible vid a fair chance at being one of the final category nominees.

If you have any problems, please let us know as soon as possible and we'll be glad to help you however we can! Thanks again!

Last edited by Aislynn on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through all my vids and the only one that says its blocked in Germany is "The Day Before Today" so I went and added a download link for that. But all the rest said they are available worldwide, so those vids don't need a download link, correct?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SO much, Nikki! We really appreciate you taking the time to check your links and add a secondary for that one! The rest should be okay if they say they're available world-wide but if we run into any problem, we'll let you know.

Thanks again! ♥♥♥!!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Nikki!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a mediafire link for my Jesus Stick Commercial.I didn't realize I hadn't added the alternate link.Now I think both videos should be able to be viewed regardless of whether or not Youtube blocks them or mutes them.

Macaila
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated some of my links. I'll have to D/L a few others from youtube in order to link them to another site...get to that tomorrow hopefully.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Macaila and Tammy! We really appreciate your help so much! ♥♥!!
pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked the links in YT and no video according to YT is blocked for now....at least for the videos that can count to the tournament for this year...
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked both of my entries and the links are showing up as completely public on YT
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Anna and Becca! We really appreciate you helping us with that! ♥!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this post! I will go through all my vids and add mediafire links asap for any that aren't viewable everywhere.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my links are officially update Took long than I thought
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Julia and Tammy! We really appreciate you taking care of that!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull out of the tourney. My vid is on my other computer and I really don't think it's good enough to compete, so it's fine. Thanks again for the warning about the deadline.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I hate to lose your vid from the Tourney, Allie! Are you sure you don't want to reconsider? It's a great vid and it definitely deserves its spot!

Of course, if you really just want to withdraw, we'll respect your decision. Just please don't feel like you have to, since you still do have your vid and it wasn't a total loss once YT took down your account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: