Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Cells" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: "Cells" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"Cells" 01-04-2006
A Season 1 character study of Kate
Song: Cells by The Servant
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 4:24 (11.3 MB WMV)

Link: http://www.badongo.com/vid/207191
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_Cells.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL NOW it's posted?

Well, it was a great video then, and a great one now Aislynn. Definitely deserved 1st place.
Byron
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the song AND I like your clip

Only the resolution is a bit poor

good work
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, A. I remember this going way, way, way back to L's challange. I really like this video. The parts that stuck out to me was when you made it look like Kate was disgusted at Jack and Sarah kissing and how it opened and closed with her running. And I loved that sound like jail door closing when the credits came up. And I never get tired of that song.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people call them clips? The are music videos!!

LOL Sorry, that always gets to me.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorites, and about the only vid I've kept on my computer I love how despite the complete randomness of the song, Aislynn still managed to interpret it and put in a story, kinda ending up catching some of Kate's character in the process Marvellous!
"I can't resist dipping in the pool" - Ah, so Kate's a player, huh?

She sent in the vid as a Christmas/birthday present for me LOL You did get that Skate vid out of her for yours MG

A very deserving first place in the contest, and I'm glad that you sent this in!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Why do people call them clips? The are music videos!!

LOL Sorry, that always gets to me.

I totally feel ya, MG. The clips make the video. The entire video is not a clip.
Sawyer's girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great as everything you've made Aislynn Totally deserved 1st place!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG NEW AISLYNN VID!!!

Sorry, but I can't download/watch vids in the internet cafe. But as soon as I get home I will. Well, actually, as soon as I get home I'll go eat something, since I probably won't like the plane food. But you get what I mean.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not new Marcus... not new at all! It's from like... April
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downloading now....

how come it's only just been posted now????

(Marcus has only been here since like July or something, it's new for him )
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! And I realized that this song was in the Sin City trailer! Wow, now I know you must really like Sin City.

The picture is a little dark and hard to see, but other than that, I loved it!

sig by IslandofMystery
mmanson
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music vid is great. I'm doing myself one with Kate too

Last edited by mmanson on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Sorry not to have answered before now. Poor "Cells" probably feels all abandoned by me...

Let me start by giving a little backstory to this vid. *hands out cookies and milk since it's apparently story time*

This vid was made in May of 2005 for LAURA4LAD's first challenge over at Lost-Media. That puts it in between "Cry Me A River" and "Episode 25: A Dog's Tale" for those of you keeping score... However, I didn't submit it to LVI (which was several incarnations back from what it is now) at that time.

This vid is a survivor of the Great WMM War of 2005. I was still using WMM 1 at this time and it gave me more problems on this one vid than I've probably had on all the rest of them combined. Which is saying a LOT! It just would not render. I had to cut the song down and then finally had to render the video part separately, then render that with the music. This explains the ugly quality because WMM 1 just does not do the rerendering thing very well. So, my apologies for the bad quality -- I actually did the rerendering nearly right on the deadline, then had to hope I could get it uploaded on dial-up in one night or I was going to miss the challenge completely! And after all I'd been through, that would've really made me -->

Okay, story time is over now...

MovieGuy: Thanks! *hearty handshake rather than one of those allergy-inducing hugs* I always appreciate you jumping right in to review!

Byron: Thank you! See above for explanation of crummy quality...

phoenix39: Thanks, Jane! I'm surprised that you remembered any of this from so long ago! *blush* That jail door slamming sound was something that I just thought went with the end of the song, I don't know why... I'm so glad that it worked for you, too, though!

Hobbes: "Cells" owes a big debt of gratitude to you, Warren. (At the time, I couldn't log on to LM so I had to YSI it to him and he had to post it for me so that I could enter the challenge. Awwww, what a great guy... *sniff* ) So, it was only fitting to send it in now as the lamest Christmas/birthday present ever! Happy birthday!

Sawyer's girl: Aw, thanks! I'm glad you had the chance to check it out! I was trying for more of a Kate vid than a Skate one but... did you notice that the final "All I do, I wanna do with you" at about the 3:55 mark is given to Sawyer? Wow, wonder how THAT happened? Thanks again!

marcus: Marcus! *glomp* Thanks for stopping by! Never go on vacation again, huh? But here's a little something for when you get back home:

http://rapidshare.de/files/10615234/Cells_Aislynn.wmv.html

fallen_angel: I swear, I've given "Cells" a complex.

"Cells": "Why did all the OTHER vids get to be on LVI and I've just sat here on the hard drive, twiddling my thumbs? Why? Why???"

Hope you enjoyed!

Distress Signal: You know what, it's funny. I mention "Sin City" a lot (I even am still holding out hope to one day get to make a Sawyer/Sin City crossover vid ) and yet I still haven't seen the movie! See above for bad quality explanation, also. Thanks!

mmanson: Thank you! I'll be on the look-out for your Kate vid!

Okay, everybody should have reached their quota of Extremely Long Aislynn PMs now. Oh, c'mon, admit it, y'all have missed me these past few days, huh?

Thank you to everybody who took the time to watch and comment!

~Aislynn
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Rapidshare link, Aislynn. As always, brilliant vid! I consider it a new vid even though it's apparently almost a year old. If I've never seen it, it's new. And was it just me or was this kinda like the angsty version of "What I Like About You"? Well, it rocked, and awesome song too.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: