Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"no hero can save us" by Kastrato

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: "no hero can save us" by Kastrato Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"no hero can save us" 09-07-2010
September 2010 contest submission
Song: hero by nickelback
Vidder: Kastrato
Length: 2:45 (54mb wmv)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_qaJwml18E
http://vimeo.com/14764109

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: no hero can save us by Kastrato Reply with quote

This was a cool vid, I liked your use of fades and saturation. I don't think I really understood it though. It looks like an ensemble vid... but I was wondering what was your character for the contest since this is an entry? You were supposed to pick one character and tell his or her story from the flashsideways, someone that we didn't know much about. Sorry if I didn't get it. I'll watch it again if you explain it to me.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: no hero can save us by Kastrato Reply with quote

You did a great job with the editing/lyric interpretation. I really loved the way some of the clips went from de-saturated to color. That was a nice effect, and I liked the way the slow-motion looked with the song. I really couldn't figure out how the video was relevant to the contest, though, and I didn't understand the story or the meaning of the Inception clips at the end. It was still enjoyable, though. Nice job!
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: no hero can save us by Kastrato Reply with quote

True ,i wonder myself if the "no hero can save us " should compete .My entrance is based on the contest but not focused at a specific character.A bit allegoric, kind of mixed up , and unifide. I guess i tried to mirror the contest theme more than to explain it .
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to watch this a second time before I appreciated the Inception twist at the end, which is actually quite cool!

I also liked how you handled the color and desaturation effects, it fit the dream-like theme very nicely. I enjoyed it.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: no hero can save us by Kastrato Reply with quote

Loved the song choice! and I really like how you included almost every flashback character.
the black and white coloring changing to color at some points was a really nice touch. great job!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: no hero can save us by Kastrato Reply with quote

Ooo, very intense! This song was awesome, your beat use rocked! Also, great use of black and white and color Really cool video! Good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: