Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September Contest Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: September Contest Information Reply with quote

September 2010
Contest: "Show us what we didn't see"
Deadline: October 3rd - extended!

The Details

The 6th season of Lost pulled yet another game-changing twist on us with the creation of the flashsideways world, where Oceanic 815 never crashed, Jack had a son, Hurley had good luck and Sawyer and Miles were cops, just to name a few differences. We got to see how several of those flashsideways storylines played out for several of the main characters but there were many characters whom we only saw in a handful of scenes and, even if we got to see where they ended up, we can't help but wonder how they got there.

So this is our challenge to you, show us what we didn't see with those characters! Was Keamy a master chef on the side in addition to busting kneecaps? What was Shannon up to? What about Boone? What was going on with their flashsideways lives?

We would like this to be canon-compliant; in other words, we'd like your vids to fit in with what the show revealed as the final scenes for the characters. So you wouldn't want to kill off Shannon and have Claire run off with Sayid, since that's not how we last saw them at the church. But anything that doesn't contradict canon is fine.

As that we want the focus to be on the characters that didn't get as much airtime in the flashsideways world, we're asking you NOT to base your vid on any of the following characters:

Jack
Kate
Sawyer
Locke
Desmond
Hurley
Ben
Claire
Charlie
Sun
Jin
Sayid

Any other character who is NOT on this list is fair game. However, since pretty much all of the characters interact with the ones on the list, we'll allow them to be used in your video, just please keep the focus on the characters not on the list. In other words, if you wanted to feature Juliet's flashsideways world, you can show Jack since he would naturally have to be part of it, just please do your best to keep the emphasis on Juliet. Remember, show us what we didn't see!

No claiming system this time; there are loads of Losties who we didn't or we rarely even saw in the FS, take your pick!

Have fun and good luck everyone!

If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.

Be sure to read our new contest information for help with questions you may have!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

• - Make a canon-compliant vid about one of the characters NOT on the above list, showing us what you think they could've been up to in the flashsideways world before we saw their final scenes.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - Non-Lost footage is allowed. Trailers and crossovers are NOT allowed.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "September 2010 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!

Last edited by Aislynn on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I totally know what I'm doing for this!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I think I have an idea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question: I've been meaning to do a vid about Richard and my OC Carrie in the flashsideways, so would it be okay to do that for this contest? I think it should be able to fit in with the canon fine - 'cos there were some characters who we've never met before and know don't exist in the real world but had close relationships with the canons, like Jack's son, David plus she might be canon, Richard could easily have met her post-Island for all we know XD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was wondering about this, I was going to make a significant other and maybe a dad for Shannon if that's allowed (obviously breaking up before she came to LA).
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millie and Becca, as long as it doesn't conflict with canon and the focus stays on the Lostie (as opposed to being more about the OCs ), then yep, you can show us anything you like, including them having relationships with your OCs.
Shadowofthecut
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: September contest Reply with quote

Hi, I have 3 questions:

N1
Is that possible to insert voices (like from an other serie)?
N2
Is that possible to put all in music?
N3
Is the final scene as to be at the end of the video?

Any way that is a good challenge!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: September Contest Information Reply with quote

For your first question, as it says in the rules...

Aislynn wrote:
• - Non-Lost footage is allowed. Trailers and crossovers are NOT allowed.

So yes, audio from another source is fine And no, the final scene doesn't have to be the one from the show (the one in the church). You can if you would like; but its certainly not a requirement

As for your question "Is that possible to put all in music?", I'm not really sure what you mean? Could you explain a little more?

EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could i get a few extra days on this, sudden insperation
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for inspiration!

New deadline: Sunday, October 3rd. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: