Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horror/Suspense Movies Suggestion and Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Horror/Suspense Movies Suggestion and Discussion Reply with quote

I've noticed that we've been discussing these genres of movies in spam a lot lately, so I thought it would be cool to open a thread where we can suggest movies to each other. I know Nikki, Kat and I are huge horror buffs and like really creepy movies. My faves are like psychological horror/thrillers.

I recently watched Paranormal Entity. Huge ripoff of Paranormal Activity and the movie The Entity from the 80's, they even stuck the names together! xD It actually wasn't a terrible movie though. I liked PA a lot better and found the acting better/the characters more likeable, but PE was definitely creepy and along those same lines. I really prefer when movies aren't just gore and torture (that just gets gross), that's why I liked Paranormal Activity where you really don't see anything but you KNOW something is there and something bad is happening. It makes it much more intense and creepy than if you can see exactly what's happening/what it is.

I also saw Piranha 3D last night and it was complete crap, but kind of in a good way. I find those SyFy Original movies entertaining sometimes because they're just sooo bad. This one was just like them, but on a higher budget. hehe Not "scary" at all, just gory (the silly type of gore) and dumb, but fun to watch.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of watching Session 9 next, cuz it's on instant netflix. hehe Anyone seen it/heard of it?

"Tensions rise within an asbestos cleaning crew as they work in an abandoned mental hospital with a horrific past that seems to be coming back."

Mental hospital settings always creep me out. :S So we'll see. hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you REALLY want to freak yourself out... try renting a Japanese horror movie.

Audition is one of the most chilling movies I've ever seen
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauren! I've been talking about Audition in spam for a few weeks now. That scared the $#!^ out of me and I almost never get scared of movies. I was sooo freaked at that one.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
grable24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... those Japanese really know how to make the scary flicks
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! lol I haven't dared to watch anymore of Miike's films, though I'm thinking of watching Audition again to see if it's still as scary. xD It's on instant netflix, so I hereby dare Nikki to watch it!

Director Takashi Miike fashions an explosive drama in Audition. Shigeharu Aoyama (Ryo Ishibashi) has lived as a widower for too long and decides it's time to marry again. But how will he find a wife? When a friend suggests he hold a fake audition to pick the right woman, he takes him up on it -- only to realize that his choice may be a better actress than he bargained for.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh; awesome idea for this thread Allie; I'm always asking spammers for this kinda movie recommendations

One to steer clear from is The Fog remake. I got it for Maggie Grace, but god its boring and stupid. Took me all day to watch it cos i kept pausing it to go off and do something else. So yeah; not worth it Unless you want Maggie scenes, but even then its a stretch to get through it.

I keep forgetting to see if my local rental place has Audition, because I really want to see it

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESIDENT EVIL.

that is all. ^_^
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I know! lol I haven't dared to watch anymore of Miike's films, though I'm thinking of watching Audition again to see if it's still as scary. xD It's on instant netflix, so I hereby dare Nikki to watch it!

Director Takashi Miike fashions an explosive drama in Audition. Shigeharu Aoyama (Ryo Ishibashi) has lived as a widower for too long and decides it's time to marry again. But how will he find a wife? When a friend suggests he hold a fake audition to pick the right woman, he takes him up on it -- only to realize that his choice may be a better actress than he bargained for.

lol already seen it Allie did you see Shutter? Its pretty freaky too. I dont know if its Japanese but its a really freaky Asian movie I think. Its the ending that disturbed me the most about it. Oh and The Orphanage is my all time favorite foreign horror movie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved The Orphanage! It was more heartbreaking than terrifying, but it is very creepy

I've seen the Shutter remake, but not the original. It's one that i've wanted to see, along with The Ring and The Grudge

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the Shutter remake, but not the original. It was creepy, but good, I've also seen The Orphanage but I didn't think it was scary when I saw it. I also don't think I was paying enough attention though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Allie well if you aren't reading the subtitles then...

That kid with the bag on his face and that old woman just really scared me!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayyy! great idea!

I got round to downloading Paranormal Entity the other day and I thought it was rather boring And I found myself giggling at it, espcially the end because it was so rediculous. I did like the footprints in the halllway part though, that was one thing i preffered!

I've seen the Shutter remake and spent the full time gushing over Josh and nothing else. lol I know...IM DOIN IT WRONG

I remember the first time I saw the original version of The Grudge. good god, I was a nervous wreck for days after that.

Quote:
RESIDENT EVIL.

that is all. ^_^

idk, i didn't really like the movies. I had always loved the games and just thought the movies didn't do them justice. Silent Hill was a decent adaptation...though it still isn't half as scary as the game. cant even play the thing!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, debbie you and i have discussed the terror of the Silent HIll game I wasn't much for the movie though I do love Resident Evil for Milla, but it does have a gore-factor i'm not totally into The games are fun-as though : )

Shutter - totally rented it cos Josh was on the cover

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to watch more horror movies. I'm a wuss and they would probably terrify me, but I kind of love them.

Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity are two of my favorites.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get Blair Witch Project, I was so confused by it and had to look it up at the end, it didn't scare me, but i reckon that's cos i was so confused.

my all time fave is probably The Ring, i still watch it now and get creeped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: