Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OC Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> OC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: The OC Discussion Thread Reply with quote

(This thread was actually Jemma's idea, not mine. )

Since we talk so much about our OCs (that's "Original Characters" for anyone who doesn't know) over in the spam thread, I figured, Jemma's right, it's high time we OC writer/vidders got our own thread! Here we can help each other out, talk about our OCs, complain when we have writer's block, and....generally have fun, I believe. Uhh, can't think of anything else to add, so go to it, you crazy OC people.

(Hey, I can call OC people crazy, because I'm one of them, you know....)

Link to the Master List of All OCs (compiled by the lovely Julia):
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=478051#478051

art by me&tammy

Last edited by HobbitRockGod on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! This thread's gonna be great. I'm so gonna come in here to discuss my OC ideas
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally will too. (One would hope, since I started the thread. XD) I hope everyone else gets into it! I just posted some OC art in my fan art page.

art by me&tammy
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Should we introduce our main OC's so newbies can keep up, since we're going to be talking about them a lot here? Besides, I'd love to know a bit more about everyone's OC's they keep talking about. Or would you rather it just be a place to discuss new OC ideas, because I don't really have any new ones right now.

Maybe something like -

Name: Diana
Actor/Actress: Shannen Doherty
Fandom: LOST
Main Relationship/Love Interest: MiB
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Diana lived 2000 years ago in the village from "Across The Sea". She is the same age as Samuel, headstrong and independent, but the thought of leaving the island terrifies her. Sam sees her as naive, but she just can't bring herself to leave the island.

Name: Lindsey Shephard
Actor/Actress: Ashley Judd
Main Relationship/Love Interest: She is Jack's sister.
Summary: Lindsey Shephard lives in Los Angeles and is a cop (LAPD). She is 6 years younger than her brother, stubborn, hard working, and refuses to believe that her brother is dead. She ends up jeopardizing and eventually quitting her job because of her growing obsession with finding the missing Oceanic Flight.

Something like that? Here's a link to a bunch of my fanart. There's lots for Diana and some for Lindsey.
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23396&start=0
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, Allie!

Name: Zoe Mitchell
Actor/Actress: Kirsten Dunst
Fandom: Supernatural
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Dean Winchester
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Zoe started hunting a few months after she met the Winchester boys dealing with a spirit in the school where she was studen teaching. She discovered that her father had concealed the fact that Zoe's grandfather had been a hunter, and Zoe wanted to explore that side of the family. Initially Dean is reluctant to let her join up with him and Sam, but unwilling to see her get hurt due to her inexperience, and he eventually grows to care about her.

(That's, uh....a very brief summary? )

Name: Michayla Swanson
Actor/Actress: Karen Gillan
Fandom: Lost
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Boone Carlyle. Sort of.
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Michayla's a sixteen-year-old girl who crashes onto the island with Oceanic 815. On the island, she discovers that she may have psychic powers, while at the same time having to deal with her fiery temper spawning love/hate relationships with several of the other Losties, including Boone Carlyle, who sees her as a kid he needs to look after. More than anything Michayla wants to prove that she's not just a kid, and can take care of herself.

art by me&tammy
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea to make a thread! I have an OC in the works but I've not actually finished my first chapter yet!

I love all your chats about your OC's so I'll be lurking this thread like crazy!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I really enjoyed reading about your OC's, Allie and Eryn! Diana and Michayla intrigue me especially Are you planning on making vids for them?
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, Jemma. I only *just* found an actress who works for Michayla (do you know how hard it is to find a YOUNG, red-haired actress??) so I hope to be able to vid her soon.

art by me&tammy
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Awesome! I really enjoyed reading about your OC's, Allie and Eryn! Diana and Michayla intrigue me especially Are you planning on making vids for them?

Aw, glad you like her. I am working on a full promo and have vids in mine, but so far I've only done collab parts with her. They're here if you want to see some of them -

Fallen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3OpgCoMv8
When You're Gone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslW0GKmlUg
Mr. Brightside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiF-pCqaf6Y

This one I didn't upload by itself, but it has Diana stuff in it. It starts at about 42 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtbbEe0Mrho

Do you have any OC vids, Jemma?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread!

Name: Alona Forester
Actor/Actress: Ellen Page
Summary: Alona's parents were both hunters, but her mother gave up hunting to raise Alona. Her father was always away on hunts, and when he was home he was abusive to Alona and her mother. When Alona was 13, her father killed her mother. Alona ran away and was taken in by Bobby Singer. She lived and hunted with him until she was 16, and she has been on her own ever since.

I've done a couple vids with Alona so far, and another in the works. Here are the vids I've done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52ax8IAEe8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lhCM1HRCNs&feature=related

And here's the fic:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5970157/1/Beauty_From_Pain

I can't wait to hear about everyone's OCs!

icon by becca

Last edited by Charlies_Innocence on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are awesome!! "When You're Gone" is manipped so well! It'd be great to see a whole vid with them in!

Quote:
Do you have any OC vids, Jemma?

Nah, I'm still trying to finish coming up with a character. I already have plenty of ideas for a Heroes one but there's still a couple things I'm stuck on. Like what power he should have and how I would manip it. I want to use Shia LaBeouf as a sort of long lost Petrelli brother who Peter goes in search of after Nathan dies. I would looove to make a vid for him but yeah, still need to work out some stuff! That's why I thought it would be cool to see everyone else's OC's and maybe ask for help

Elyse, Alona sounds great!! I wondered who she was when I saw your OC banners with her and Dean Loved that trailer!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shia LeBeouf would be an awesome Petrelli brother, Jemma!

The one and only OC vid I've ever managed to finish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apYc7MVZdjE

I've done several collab parts concerning Zoe (and one that had a bit of Michayla) but that's the only full vid I've finished.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh; this thread has my name all over it!! Great idea; I hope it helps you out Jemma, and Debbie, cos I know you'd both make epic OC's Not in order of love... except Andie M belongs at the top Btw, i remembered why I have two Andie's. Dawson's Creek. Andie McPhee was my absolute favourite character, and Pacey/Andie my fave ship So my homage to her spreads to two fandoms

Name: Andie Morgan
Actor/Actress: Emily Blunt
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Andie is a half-human/half-angel demon hunter, currently 28 and married to Dean, though it is far from a normal relationship. Andie married Dean to try and save him from Hell; it didn't work, but they never bothered to change their marital status. Andie is forever tormented by the suicide of her mother, Lily, and death of her father, Dylan both before she was 10. The fic is currently in season 5 where Andie is now pregnant, which doubles as her greatest fear: being a mother. The fic also has Cassidy, shown below, and Ellie, Andie's grandmother who is a full angel, and the source of Andie's telekinetic/telepathic power.
Fics: Counting Down The Days - Season 3 || We Fall Down - Season 4 || Long Way To Happy - Season 5
Vids: All Vids Here

Name: Cassidy Murphy
Actor/Actress: Kristen Bell
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Initially Sam Winchester, now Luka, another OC of mine played by Penn Bagedly; who is a former boyfriend of Zoe Mitchell, Eryn's OC
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Cassidy is Andie's truest and only friend. Highly eccentric with undiagnosed ADD, Cass says whatever she's thinking to anyone who'll listen. After a normal childhood, Cass was lured into demon hunting when she fought off a vampire in her teens. She met Andie when they were in their early-twenties and without either realizing, they became like sisters. In season 4, Cassidy was possessed by the angel Anna, and the only way Andie could save her was to kill her. She then raised her friend, but the process left Cassidy with the ability of electrokinesis. Normally not one for settling down, she's currently happy with her boyfriend Luka.
Fics: *see above*
Vids: Drop In The Ocean - Cass/Luka

Name: Mia Rowan
Actor/Actress: Milla Jovovich
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Sawyer
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Mia is Sawyer's wife and a passenger on 815. The pair have been estranged for two years after a bitter breakup due to Mia's lies. She was an undercover PI hired to arrest Sawyer, but fell in love with him and married him and moved him to Australia to keep him safe; all these details unbeknown to him. When he found out; he left and they never saw one another again until two years later when Sawyer promised her a divorce in return for coming with him on Oceanic 815. Currently at the end of season 1, Mia is on the raft and hoping to get home to her sister, Bree, and neice, Lara.
Fic: Missing In Action
Vids: What About Now? || Without You

Name: Andie Parker
Actor/Actress: Sprague Grayden
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Sawyer
Summary (basic information and main conflict of character?): Andie was a hired assassin who was rarely able to complete her work. She took over the job so her mother wouldn't have to. Her father went missing when she was young and she never saw him again. Andie was friends with flight attendant Cindy, who got her the seat on the plane. Pre-crash, she is in a loving, committed relationship with a man named Nick. After the crash, unlike the other survivors, Andie was flung and isolated from the rest of the group, until she was captured by The Others. She escaped and was found by Sawyer and Kate. Long story short, Andie and Sawyer begin a relationship which leaves her pregnant and rescued as one of the Oceanic 7. Due to her close friendship with Claire, Andie is also raising Aaron. Currently in season 5 of the fic, Andie is heading back to the island.
Fics: Beautifully Lost - Season 2 || Beautiful Disaster - Season 3 || Detrimental - Season 4 || Entangled - Season 5
Vids: Someone We'll Never Know Part 1 || Someone We'll Never Know Part 2

I have a few more random ones, but these are my most thought out!!

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so cool! I've been trying to hash out an OC for a Vampire Diaries fic that's been kinda looming in my mind. I love reading bout all of your OC's, hopefully I'll be able to add to it soon!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this thread was so made for me

Name: Carolyna "Carrie" Copeland
Actor/Actress: Mila Kunis
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Richard
Summary: What's a LOST character without parent issues and a bad childhood? Abandoned age 6 and mentally tortured until the age of 18, the only happy parts of Carrie's life began at 22, when she was offered a job by a Dr Richard Alpert. Upon arriving on the Island, Carrie and Richard quickly fell in love. After the 815 crash 5 years later, old faces begin resurfacing and secrets are uncovered, putting the pair's love for one another to the test.
Fics: Season 6
Vids: I'm Sorry | Low Low Lonely Soul | Don't Leave Me

Name: Zoey Maynard
Actor/Actress: Michelle Rodriguez
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Sam
Summary: Many hunters dreamt of being a superhero as a child. But Zoey's only dream was to go on a camping trip, but with only her parents still alive, Zoey's family was poor and it wasn't until her 13th birthday that they went. While they were there, they were attacked. Zoey's parents died, but Zoey was saved. John Winchester was her knight in shining armour, and took her in and raised her. Shy and frightened at first, Zoey quickly changed to be strongminded and fearless. In unrequited love with John's youngest son Sam, she also has strong chemistry with his eldest Dean. 11 years after their first encounter, John disappears. It is up to Zoey and the boys to find him, before any "evil sons of bitches" get there first.
Fics: Currently Nameless
Vids: Currently Nameless | You're An Angel (contains spoilers) | I Know You're Lonely || The Game

Last edited by Belle MacFarlane on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> OC Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: