Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OC Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> OC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh; I LOVE Gossip Girl!!!! I was considering an OC for that, Chuck's long-lost sister from when he meets his mother again. But it hasn't as of yet formulated Definitely flagging yours to read Bec

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realized so many people here had so many OCs, lol :mrgeen:
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suddenly want to create a third Lost OC with Adrien Brody. I know, I know, after seeing the movie Splice (it was traumatizing), I swore off the man publicly, but for some reason I've come back to him.

I thought it would be interesting to use clips of him from Hollywoodland when he was a private investigator or some sort, and in Predators and King Kong and such he has jungle scenes, so he could have on and off island stuff (though they are set in different time periods, I think it could still work). I don't know who he would be or which character he would be most affiliated with though. It's too obvious to use Kate, maybe he can be a loner type like Locke.

Thoughts? I just have the urge to use him for something.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, cool idea allie I'm not really a fan of him, but the character suits him maybe he could be an Other? or in the tail section? paired with Ana maybe, joined at their loner-ness?

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty indifferent to him for a while, then I saw Splice and was horrified by him (LOL, I just didn't expect the movie to turn out the way it did. xD!) and then I saw a few other of his movies and started liking him more as an actor. He's not bad imo. Plus, he's very fit in Predators.

Ooh, I like the idea of him being an Other or in the tail section. In Predators he was the leader of a group of people in the jungle, trying to survive attacks etc, and his co-star was a female who was VERY much like Ana-Lucia and my friend actually leaned over and said "don't you think her part should have been played by Michelle Rodriguez?" xD But him being an Other would be awesome too... I'll think on it.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well; any actor that has good jungle scenes should be a Lost OC at some point

I just realized i have one of each with Lost. Beach camp, Mia, Tailees - Andie, Others, Cooper, granted she only has one chapter

I found i really loved writing Cooper as an Other, especially knowing who the Others are now and stuff, plus you can make them mysterious and all

I just looked up the faux M-Rod, she would definitely pass for Ana! omg, i remember watching the trailer and thinking that it was her, and looking it up.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whenever Predators will come out on dvd, it's still in theaters, but I might consider making him an Other or a Tailie. It's weird, I have none of those groups so far! xD I have Lindsey, an off-island OC, she'd basically be a flashback character in Jack's past, and then I have Diana who is just part of MiB's past. I need a beach/tailie or Other.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i have an off-islander, Mia's sister, but i dont really write her on her own like you do with Lindsey. You do need an OC 815 passenger Then, if nothing else, they could wind up in my fic somehow

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Yeah, i have an off-islander, Mia's sister, but i dont really write her on her own like you do with Lindsey. You do need an OC 815 passenger Then, if nothing else, they could wind up in my fic somehow

hehe Do you have any off island fb's that could include Linds? ;D I do need a passenger though... hmm, I will think on it some more. I don't like using really famous actors, I already did with Ashley Judd... but this idea is growing on me now. xD
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah; I do have one in mind with Mia's sister, Bree, going to a Oceanic family meeting or somethign where she meets Matt's (bec's OC) sister Jordan (who is jackie's OC), so Lindsey could go to that?

I know what you mean about using famous people lol Milla Jovovich i think is the most famous one i've used, and Emily Blunt is getting more famous now but i remember having to search like hell for clips of her when i picked her for andie i dunno why but relative unknowns like Sprague/Shannen make for better OC's. Like, people know their faces, but its not like ZOMG, that's that chick!

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
yeah; I do have one in mind with Mia's sister, Bree, going to a Oceanic family meeting or somethign where she meets Matt's (bec's OC) sister Jordan (who is jackie's OC), so Lindsey could go to that?

Ooh, that's a great idea. I always wanted to write about the families of the survivors and how their deaths affected them. I did do that a bit in a oneshot, but it focused more on Charlie/Claire stuff than all the families. Do you mind if I include that scene in my fic and add Lindsey into it? I mean, it'd probably be a different meeting, so not the exact scene. haha But the idea.

littleton_pace wrote:
I know what you mean about using famous people lol Milla Jovovich i think is the most famous one i've used, and Emily Blunt is getting more famous now but i remember having to search like hell for clips of her when i picked her for andie i dunno why but relative unknowns like Sprague/Shannen make for better OC's. Like, people know their faces, but its not like ZOMG, that's that chick!

Yeah, that's exactly it. They're familiar, but not so famous that it seems kind of silly. I didn't think Milla or Emily were like that though, they're famous, but not like using Tom Cruise or something. So it's all good. Even Ashley Judd isn't in EVERYTHING.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah; you can use it I've used it before, the survivors families meeting thing, and i know other people have so its not a unique idea but its handy for things like this I want the Bree flashback in my next chapter, so you could just read that when its up to see how i write Lindsey, even though you haven't written her yet, I think I have an idea of what she's like Mia-esq, real tough chick, so Bree would be drawn to her

Lol; can you imagine Tom Cruise as someone's OC???? no offence to anyone, but it would be funny

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to read it when it's up, link me whenever. And yes, Lindsey is a tough chick, she has to be as a cop. She's a lot like Jack, stubborn and hard working and gets fixated on things that she can't change. I believe I sent my profile for her to you once if you need any info, but I'm sure it'll be fine, since it's just a small part.

littleton_pace wrote:
Lol; can you imagine Tom Cruise as someone's OC???? no offence to anyone, but it would be funny

...I kind of want to make a joke one now and have him cameo on the beach or something. LMAO! jk Yeah, it would be pretty ridiculous, again, no offense to anyone who had an amazing idea for a Tom Cruise OC.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally stayed up late last night writing out the outline of the story for my new LOST OC so here's her profile

Name: April (haven't decided on a surname yet)
Actor/Actress: Alex Kingston
Fandom: LOST
Main Relationship/Love Interest: Shannon
Summary: April and Shannon have been friends since they were kids. April has always been an "out" lesbian, but it wasn't until age 17 that Shannon admitted any feelings for April. Both as stubborn as each other, they had a very on-off relationship. After a massive argument, Shannon left for Australia with a guy. Boone asked April to come with him to get her out of the abusive relationship. After the crash, April and Shannon begin to mend their relationship.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April sounds awesome, Millie!

I would love to make a Lost OC, but I have no idea who I'd use. It's hard to think of someone who's had enough beach/jungle scenes =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> OC Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: