Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BtVS/Angel Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontcha just wish there was a *SQUEE* smiley

I wonder what it would look like
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far are you now Warren? I kinda want to know yer thoughts on HellBound...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*song* It's OOOOOOOOOOOVER! IT'S OOOOOOOOOOOVER */song*
WHy?! Why did I watch them when I knew they would end someday?!
"Personally, I want to fight a dragon"

I don't really know my thoughts on these shows.... I liked them both, but for different reasons. In Buffy, the drama was so well done, you always felt for the characters. Granted, there was a LOT of it (the grouppractically broke up 3 times each season! ) but it was always effective for me... so sad. Plus, it had those sweet episdes like the musical, "Hush", and "The Body", just added up to a (probably) more artistic and better-done show, at least in the final seasons.
But Angel I loved just for the pure fact that I knew I could watch, have a good time watching, and not have to worry about leaving with some sad cliffhanger as the Scooby gang (yet again) broke up. It was hillarious on so many occasions, it was more action-oriented, and the theme of "the hero"... I liked it! I don't think I'm quite satisfied with the ending though... why does Buffy's team live while Angel's dies? They did so much more too.... Buffy's ws her job, Angel's was because "It's right", so much more hero-ish! It's too bad they couldn't give some awe-inspiring, all evil gone forever ending instead... that would be nice...

Favourite characters:
I've gotta say, Wesley may be my favourite character, even though he has a tendency to be really unstable.
Then there's Spike: everyone's favourite, But now I kinda wish they'd left him as dust in Buffy though... I like thinking of him that way better than dragging him out like this.
Angel is a hero, nuff said.
Lorn! how could I foget him?! They took SOOOOO long to get him on the freaking "starring" list though practically every episode was with him in season 3 (I think...) yet he got no such fame... demonists Poor guy, having to do that at the end... at least he lives though!
Am I the only one who really hated Connor, at a lot of times? I mean, what's with these kids? first Dawn, then Connor, why do they add them in when all they are is annoying! Sure, they bring out the main characters' emotions nicely, but still they're annoying!

What did I think of Season 5 in relation to the others though? Didn't like it much beter, or realyl all that much at all. The show shouldn't have ended on this one, not enough buildup, not the right anything! You could just tell they were planning to make the finally about the Old Ones, but then they got cancelled and had to rip into this short ending halfway through Thay shouldn'tve left it off here it's anti-climatic from the Buffy finale, and it's too short to make that sacrafice worth it. The executives should have either ended it at Season 4 or kept it going longer than this.... though the plotline for season 4 wouldn't accomodate... but still! Though I DID love the fact that they owned Wolfram and Hart that was the perfect ending to season 4

Oh! And the puppet episode! that ruled.

Now to look through this thread and actuially understand what you guys are talking about
I agree with Harry:
Quote:

Even though I love Buffy better.... Angel has way better stories... but I just love the characters on Buffy.... Gunn really throughs off the Angel cast
though Gunn had his moments. He just never had a backstory really, no reason to care for the character kinda just the "brawn" of the show, added in to make the fights seem more realistic (well, Angel alone can't win them all!)

I kinda regret not watcing these in synch now, but that would have been realyl really hard because there's just no way I could hold that much on my... errr... DVD system I had to D/L all the seasons of Angel at once! 39 FREAKING GIGABYTES!
But there seem to be a lot of times where the plots just don't add up, looking back at Buffy (though I don't quite remember every episode all that well, so it's tougher) like when on Angel did he leave to Sunnydale to give Buffy the necklace??? There aren't that many parts that add up, luckilly (unless the sun dims in Sunnydale when the Appocalypse hits in season 4 on Angel I don't remember

I actually liked season 4 a lot! The idea of a power that be coming down was cool. Though I hated the focusing on Connor so much... yuck...

Quote:
I love when Wesley's trying to do kung fu and the swords pop out of the arm holsters scaring the crap out of them.

"Nobody scream! And nobody touch my arms!!!"

LOL that one was great. I loved the ep where he pretended to be Angel

I loved that episode in season 4 when they're extracting Angel's soul, and he hallucinates that perfect ending. I completely believed it, but then he woke up and there was just that creepy, creepy laugh.... marvelous.

Quote:

My favourite Wesley moment though would have to be when he and Cordy were roll playing and pretending to be Buffy and Angel in season 3, episode 5 "Fredless ". LMAO!!!

I love when they mock him Spike's monologue in season 1 was just TOO hilarious... Gotta try to remember it All I can remember is hearing "Oh, I understand, I have a nephew who's gay." and laughing myself silly

I don't remember if I mentioned, but I did see ol' Sawyer there in the mix in S1E1 That was cool.

Well, it's all over. I think overall, I liked Buffy better, it just got to me mor emotionally. Angel was fun, but not much more really... though I did like the plots in it, they were always more... linear, not just "lets turn on our friends! Lets turn on them more! La la la la la Ohhhh the finale's in two episodes, we'd better make up right before it so we're prepared to fight it! YAY! BASH BASH BASH the end!" Sure, BtVS did it extremelly well, but for me whizzing through at this fast a pace, I couldn't help but notice the plots followed a pattern.

Grr... I can't help but have sort of a bad taste in my mouth regarding Buffy after watchign Angel. She realyl comes off as a bitch especially here in season 5 when Andrew takes that crazy slayer and acts all high and mighty because Angel's "evil" just because he took Wolfram and Hart's job. Honestly, do the bloody Scooby's do ANYTHING except turn on their friends draatically?!?! But when I have doubts, I just compare theBtVS finale to the Angel finale, and I had such a happier feeling then. so I think I liked it better than Angel, it just effected me so much more.

Well, there we are, all done.... I wanted to watch these shows since they're loved by so many and just a hallmark of good shows. They're the kind of things you mention in casual conversation, and I wouldn't know if I hadn't watched them! Loved both shows, just a great great time.

But now what? I need a new show... hmmm...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I felt very much the same, comparing the two finales, and my word of advice, if you have the time and the attention span (not saying you don't, but if yer like me...) get the novel Queen of the Slayers, and it will tie up a lot of Season 5 of Angel, and Buffy won't seem to be such a bitch. Plus the ending will make you cry...

B
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know where else to post this so im gonna do it here... found this over at SlayerVerse.org and thought I would show ya guys it..

David Boreanaz on PUNK'D
Click here to view
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL nice! poor guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DERH! I like the colors!!! Pretty!!!

Sorry, that first thing right there had me dying. Damn, Angel gonna go kung fu on the manager's ass if he doesnt' "step away!!!"
FuuZu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^. I love both Buffy & Angel. The shows are brilliant. <333

My favourite character is Wesley. He's hot! <3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: