Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BtVS/Angel Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Official BtVS/Angel Thread Reply with quote

Can you believe that in the entire history of this forum, there hasn't been one topic about this that wasn't a music video for btvs or a questionaire?

*looks at person posting this* Egad! What is Warren doing posting this!

I actually started watching this show just a week ago. I was bored and tried to think of some show I could just keep watching for weeks without getting bored. This one immediately sprung to my mind, with the two shows racking how many seasons total...? Over 10 at LEAST.
I'm currently just starting Season 3. Pretty good so far! I mean, I take into consideration that the older, first season eps were made a long time ago when television was very different from today, so I had to be a little patient with it at first. I've finally gotten to the part where it gets all delishiously angsty though! Yeah!

A show is always best when you can watch it back to back in the comfort of your own home

Anyway, topic for BtVS/Angel talk. Go.

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got season one from the library. Now I just need to watch it.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the first one. Eh. It was allright. It does feel like Goosebumps Holly.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the first episodes are really 90's-tv-ish No real plot, just wacky killing with bad effects and fight scenes But it gets good about..... hmm.... maybe halfway through? The finale's kinda cool. Season 2 is way better anyway.
You've gotta treat it as a regular little tv show that you watch while you do something else for now. Wait until you've gathered the plotline, and tune in for any "big" moments. It gets better. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe everytime I think of 90's TV I always think of Beverly Hills 90210... man that show was so lame ... yet I loved it very sad i know

you guys have been sadly deprived if you are only up to season 1-3 of Buffy ... you are in for a huge awakening to a brilliant show and Angel too
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffy rules
I started to watch Buffy back in 2003, the year it finished unfortunately ... i didnt really watch season 7 back then, my main focus was on to get caught up... I would spend a week catching up on like 3 seasons which i borrowed from Holly and her sister.... then after buffy, i got caught up on Angel... then my luck, it get cancled the next year ...
My fav seasons of BtVS:
My fav seasons of Angel:
1-3,5

My fav episodes of BtVS:
Once More, Witch Feeling
Hush
Tubula Rasa
Band Candy
The Gift
Graduation Part 1&2
Becoming Part 1&2
Dopplegangland
Intervention
Bargaining Part 1&2
School Hard
The Body
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Halloween
Chosen
Conversations With Dead People
End of Days
Showtime

My fav episodes of Angel:
Smile Time
You're Welcome
Waiting in the Wings
Power Play
Not Fade Away
Spin the Bottle
Soulless
A Hole in the World
Shells
Time Bomb
Room with a View
City of
Lonely Hearts
Hero
Orpheus
Darla
Disharmony
Belonging
Through the Looking Glass
There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb
Billy
Offspring
Lullaby
Birthday
A New World
Tomorrow
Apocalypse, Nowish
Conviction
Destiny
Damage

Even though I love Buffy better.... Angel has way better stories... but I just love the characters on Buffy.... Gunn really throughs off the Angel cast
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Warren's watching buffy now.
You gonna watch Angel too once you're done Buffy? Angel's an awesome show too Warren and you should diffinately watch it. l actually liked Angel better then Buffy.
Also l told you the first season was like Goosebumps MG. LOL
LMAO @Harry!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, you should watch angel inbetween buffy eps once you get into the 4th season b/c u might get confused. "stuff" happens on angel with buffy that you wont want to wait for, it might make you cry
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own all the seasons of Buffy and Angel on DVD and I'm in the process of watching them all over again because I realized I haven't watched them for a couple of years and I'd like to get into vidding them again.

I'm halfway through the 4th season of Buffy and it's so awesome to be watching them over again.

I love these shows

Who are your favorite characters, Warren?

Mine are Willow and Spike.

And Tara. And Anya. And Andrew. And Xander. And Giles. OK, so I have a lot of favorites

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime wrote:
no, you should watch angel inbetween buffy eps once you get into the 4th season b/c u might get confused. "stuff" happens on angel with buffy that you wont want to wait for, it might make you cry

Yeah thats a good idea cause theres little crossovers between the shows.
Although l watched all the Buffy's first before l started with Angel and l didn't get confused.

l should start mine all over again too Ringwench. lol
l havn't watched any in a while.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Who are your favorite characters, Warren?

they're all good Except for the redshirts, that is. Angel's cool.

So what exactly is the deal with these two shows then...? Were they running right beside each other, or was it Buffy first, then Angel as a spinoff? And if so, in what order should I be watching them? Also, did Angel finish up alright when it was cancelled, or is it just a sudden cut-off that will leave me pounding the floor Locke-style?
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the series goes (timeline wise) is this:

Buffy Season 1
Buffy Season 2
Buffy Season 3
Buffy Season 4 = Angel Season 1
Buffy Season 5 = Angel Season 2
Buffy Season 6 = Angel Season 3
Buffy Season 7 = Angel Season 4
Angel Season 5

They did several major crossover eps in B4/A1, just a couple in B5/A2 and B6/A3, then another major one in B7/A4.

I still haven't seen the final episode of Angel (I don't really know how that happened. I missed it and never got around to downloading it. I'm buying the final Angel season soon on DVD--I guess I wanted to save something for the DVDs?) but I've been spoiled silly for it and from what I've read it wasn't very satisfying (they knew it was ending though, so it is an ENDING of sorts--I don't think they really could have continued it at all).

The final ep of Buffy is definitely satisfying though.

ETA: It's not vitally important to watch the parallel Buffy seasons and Angel seasons at the same time.

I watched almost the whole series of Buffy before I watched any Angel and I wasn't lost.

If there's anything really important that went on on the other show they'll have the characters rehash it a bit so you know what's going on.

It's more like once you watch Angel you'll realize "Hey, that must have been going on at the same time as such and such was happening on Buffy."

Geekdom abounds.

Last edited by Ringwench on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
So what exactly is the deal with these two shows then...? Were they running right beside each other, or was it Buffy first, then Angel as a spinoff? And if so, in what order should I be watching them? Also, did Angel finish up alright when it was cancelled, or is it just a sudden cut-off that will leave me pounding the floor Locke-style?

Pounding on the floor Locke style. LMAO!
Ok after season 3 of Buffy finished, David and Charisma (aka. Angel and Cordelia) signed on to do Angel, the series spin off from Buffy. So in the beginning episodes of Angel season 1 and the beginning episodes of Buffy season 4, there's little crossovers and connections between the two shows. SMG, Seth Green, Eliza Dushku and James Marsters all guest star in the first season of Angel as does David in Buffy season 4.
l think you'd have to watch both shows around the same time to get whats going on in some of the episodes because of the character crossovers. Like Jaime said, you might get confused.

lt's kind've hard to explain without writing spoilers. LOL
But you probably get what l'm saying right?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel is a spinoff and it started concurrently with season 4 of Buffy. Their timeslots were Buffy then Angel on the same nite when they originally aired on WB, so their storylines matched up sometimes (see: s4/1 Harsh Light of day, In the Dark; s4/1 Pangs, I will Remember You; s5/2: Fool For Love, Darla; etc.). Once Buffy went into season 6 and 7 on UPN, then their crossovers don't match too good if you're going chronologically. But, it's easy to find the eps that DO match and watch them so they do. As for your question about the end of Angel, I think that one's still up for debate, and I'll leave that conclusion up to you. IMO, I think they did an amazing job under the circumstances, but there were definitely things I would have loved to have seen them do. There's still a lot of mileage in these characters, and they are very complex, much like the characters on LOST. Plus, David Fury (who has written quite a few LOST eps) did a lot of writing/directing/etc. on both shows. Two eps definitely not to miss are s6Buffy: Once More with Feeling and s5Angel: Smile Time for some much needed comedy from Mr. Fury.

I hope that answered yer questions, Warren!

B

Last edited by BA5763 on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonks wrote:
Ok after season 3 of Buffy finished, David and Charisma (aka. Angel and Cordelia) signed on to do Angel, the series spin off from Buffy.

U forgot to mention Alexis Denisof...
Also, Marcadez McNab also guest starred in Angel i think it was in season 1 of ANGEL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: