Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resizing clips in Vegas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Resizing clips in Vegas Reply with quote

So as you can see on my video The Things That We Don't Say, because some of my clips are DVD rips, some are TV rips, etcetera etcetera, they're all different sizes. They look the right size in Vegas, but when the video is rendered some of them are bigger. Is there a way to make the bigger clips smaller so it fits under an overlay?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all has to do with the ratio preset you render the clips in Vegas To avoid having to do it for every clip, what i used to do was render the whole video, move it into vegas and then change the preset and render it again Or, you can do it clip by clip its up to you

The way to do it is go into the pan/crop feature and at the very top in the left corner you'll see Preset with a drop down menu. The ones I suggest that are the best are 16:9 Widescreen TV Aspect Ratio or 1.85:1 Academy Aspect Ratio

Also make sure that if you use a texture or something over the top, that it uses the same preset as well

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat it's been bugging me for ages, but I only just thought to ask
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar question:

When I use event pan/crop on a clip to resize it, it makes the black borders on top and bottom (letterboxing) disappear.

Is there a way to retain the letterboxing? I have looked in video fx: borders, and it's not there.

Thanks.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so, Kate. If there is I'd love to know how too but widescreen, which is the preset i use, stretches it out to completely fit the screen of the YT viewer and the black bars aren't there

Donald

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me,i prefer use VidCrop.It's prog for crop and resize your video. It's helps me alot.)
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: I guess if were talking Vegas... Reply with quote

I have Vegas Movie Studio 9, I have watched over 30 ways to render in HQ. When I get to my settings I dont have the HD settings it is using in the tutorial...I go into each clip and I make then 16:9 size, but when I render it I still have the black bars on the top and bottom.

When I do select say 1140X1080 This seems to be the Largest?? I could be wrong- It gives me a error and says it cant save it woth m,y current settings..

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT- I pull my hair out each time a make a video..I have to keep them all small..I HATE IT..
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Movie Studio doesn't allow the regular HD settings unfortunately. i run with Vegas 7.0 but I know Movie Studio versions don't have some of those extra rendering settings. i found this tutorial, but I'm not sure if it'll help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-LCcBP_TI

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I had a feeling that I had the wrong version this whole time. Oh well I guess I have to buy a new program. You said Vegas 7 is best or does it matter???
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters, as long as its not a Movie studio version. i know vegas 8 is basically the same as vegas 7. I've been running with 7 for about 4 years now and I love it; it does everything I need it too so its always my first recommendation I can't comment on the latest versions because I've never tried them, but from experience 7 and 8 are very similar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: