Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ill Have You (contest vid)" by SassyLostie2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: "Ill Have You (contest vid)" by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Ill Have You (contest vid)" 06-17-2010
June 2010 contest submission. I chose to use this scene between Ben and Ilana from "Dr. Linus" in season 6. I consider this scene "epic" because a huge theme of LOST is redemption and this is one of the most tragic and beautiful scenes of character redemption in the show, if not only because of the characters involved. This is a very important scene of "salvation" for Ben, but also for Ilana as she learns to let go and forgive. Thanks to Kat for the vidpic!
Song: Dead Reckoning by Clint Mansell
Vidder: SassyLostie2
Length: 2:23 (53MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/773442408bd40cd0/

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

I loved how you opened and closed it. Nice! I really liked the examples you chose to explain it's EPICNESS. I think you did a great balance of the audio/music. And the coloring for the scene and the flashbacks. One of my favorite examples was showing his 'power' was his scene with Juliet. I also liked how you showed examples of those who wouldn't have him, conveying that only the 'bad' would have him. I LOVED IT! Good luck in the contest, Allie!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Brooke! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. I was worried towards the end that some of the clips wouldn't make sense to people the way that they did in my head, but I'm glad that you understood what I was trying to convey.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic editing Allie! You did a great job with the beats too! I got chills when the music picked up and I just love that line at the end "I'll have you." Makes me weepy every time! Also makes me sad they killed Ilana off so quickly. I wanted to see more of her! I thought the way they did it was kind of cheesy. It made me mad!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

WOW, Allie, that was amazing!! It's such a powerful scene, and then overlaying that with all the scenes of Alex, Ben, Jacob, and Locke just made it even more incredible. Wonderful job!!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

That was brilliant Allie A very well-crafted video...I love how you juxtaposed the black & white scenes along with Ben's monologue, I thought that was brilliantly done!! Great job and I hope you kick butt in the contest!! This is one of my favorite scenes & it's most definitely epic!!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki: Thanks so much, Nik. I love that last too, it's just such a great scene. I thought Ilana's death was pretty dumb too, but oh well, I was never that attached to her character.

Eryn: Yay! I'm glad my overlays worked. Thanks!

Abby: Thanks, Abby. I love making this type of vid, centering it around a certain scene or monologue. Glad that you enjoyed it and you should enter too!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

Oooh very cool scene to choose, emotional on both parts. It makes you feel so sorry for Ben with the loss of Alex, and the rejection from Jacob and how now it is the same for Ilana how she has lost Jacob.
Awww sweet but sad video, good job and good luck in the contest
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Charlie.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

Great vid, Allie, very powerful music!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

Aw, that was brilliant!! Great scene The music was awesome! All your clip choices were perfect and your colouring was so pretty! That "Because he's the only one that'll have me" always makes me feel so bad for Ben. Wonderful job, I really enjoyed it
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of my favorite Ben scenes because it's the first time he really owns up to the mistakes he's made and the wrongs he's done and doesn't try to make excuses for them. You handled it in a great way! I loved the scenes you chose for the overlays, I loved Juliet being the scene about his power, too! Great choice of music as well and that last line just totally gave me a chill! I enjoyed it a lot!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

Woah!!! I loved that Allie! It was so intense and brilliantly done. Fab song choice , it really worked well with the scene I loved how you handled the colouring too, with the 'epic scene' in colour and the things that made it epic in b&w Super job!!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

Oh wow! I LOVED this Allie!! Your coloring was awesome and so was the music you used. All the scenes you used worked really well and really showed how epic this moment is for ben's character. Great job!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Ill Have You (contest vid) by SassyLostie2 Reply with quote

OH WOWW, this was fabulous! What an epic scene! Your coloring and beat use in this to the music were absolutely chilling and intense and just wow! Loved how you dug into this scene and showed Ben losing Alex and talking to Locke and Juliet, just awesome! Nice ending as well Excellent video, good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: