Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LOST- The Seasons-" by Wildcat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: "LOST- The Seasons-" by Wildcat Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"LOST- The Seasons-" 06-08-2010
Lost the seasons has all the seasons in one video, and has everyone in it.
Song: The Final Hour by X-Ray Dog
Vidder: Wildcat
Length: 2:39 (9.83MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9CIsb59xaw
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1gx98v

Just wanted to let everyone know that the watermark may say LostIsland42, its still made by me, just under a new account because my old one got deleted, so I needed to make a new account/name to continue to post videos on Youtube/here.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be pushy or anything, and sorry if I seem that way, but I would appreciate some feed back... I worked on this video for a couple of months, I kept running into issues, and then I switched computers so I had to get the project to work again in sony vegas, and then my computer kept overheating so it took even longer to finish it.

I see that everyone else gets feedback, but this video hasn't gotten any yet and it's been almost 3 days since it was uploaded to the site, and I just would like to know people thought of it because I did put a lot of time into it.

Again, sorry if I'm being pushy or anything, I just feel like nobody really ever cares I post videos on this site unless I post a reply asking for feedback...

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Summer! Sorry I haven't gotten the chance to see your vid before now, I've got a list this long *holds out arms* of vids I've been meaning to see and it's just taking me a bit of time to work my way through. (I also know a lot of people have been taking their finals recently, so that's probably why commenting has been a bit slow. )

Sorry to hear about all of your computer troubles, that always sucks when you have to try to hold your computer together while you're trying to make a vid.

Anyway, I enjoyed your vid. That's one of the few X-Ray Dog songs that I'm not very familiar with and it worked well for your vid. My advice for the future is to watch for having too many overlays, textures and effects at one time. The TV sync effect looks fantastic at :07, it goes perfectly with the music, as it also does from :11 - :30. But at :31 we start getting an overlay of the plane breaking apart with the footage from inside the cabin, which was a very cool concept and a great choice in and of itself. But with the texture and the TV sync on top of the overlays, that made it kinda difficult to see what was happening in a few places as the scene went on.

So I'd suggest just keeping an eye on how many layers you have going and just watch out for them to get a little too thick at times. (Only my opinion, of course. )

I really liked how you changed things up at 2:14, going from FLocke and Jack's final fight while the music is more frantic, then to Jack and Kate goodbye when the music grows softer. That looked great!

Anyway, I thought this was a solid ensemble vid and you managed to pack in a lot of show from first ep to last in under 3 minutes. I enjoyed watching it!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh; this was a nice recap song choice, love me some X-ray Dog nice vid; though it's hard to condense 6 years of Lost into 2 minutes I like the TV Simulator at the start; but i felt it was a tad overused and too strong in places, especially when you started with the overlays because it was like trying to see three images at once and that can be distracting

I really liked at 0:46 how you started harnessing those beats, but some of the ones around 1:15-1:20 felt a little off in places. I like how you didn't use an effect/transition to hit the beat, and used punches, crashing things (like the computer) instead Generally very well done, i think you just need to keep practicing with effects, colouring, etc and you'll only improve

Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both! and I do agree, I do need to practice more with the effects and stuff, I am starting to get the hang of it but yeah, there are times where they didn't come out exactly right haha. I also agree it is hard to condense 6 years into 2 minutes, but at least I tried anyway.

Also, I agree about the TV Simulator being too harsh sometimes and everything, I actually meant to change that once I started with the overlays but I forgot and uploaded it before I had the chance to. I was going to re-upload it but saving the video was a very long process so I decided to just leave it.

Next time I will remember that for the future.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: LOST- The Seasons- by Wildcat Reply with quote

That was great! Brilliant song choice and I loved your overlays! I do agree that it would have been hard for this to be a full series recap in a 2 minute 40 second vid but you definitely showed us some of the best moments through the series really well I enjoyed this, and I really liked your overlays esp. towards the end of the vid! Great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: