Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scene Clarification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Scene Clarification Reply with quote

Why during the "We have to go back" scene does Kate sound so bitter when she says "Why would I go to the funeral"? It seems a little strange to me and was hoping somebody could clear this up.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one went to the funeral. Only Jack did. I am pretty sure Hurley was in Los Angeles.

There was bad blood with the, Oceanic 6 and Locke. They thought he had gone crazy and they wanted to leave and he was trying to destroy their chances to do so.

Kate thought he was a crazy old man and she just wanted to get off the island, and she's upset that A) He's coming back to get them to go back because she's happy where she is being Aaron's mother. B) I think it's safe to say that Kate still loves Jack in these scenes, it's why she's so upset he wants to go back, addicted to pills, and drinking. It's hard for her, and a big part of this is brought on because he wants to go back to the island. So I think she resents Locke for hte fact that Jack's going down this path of wanting to go back.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Hurley's in the mental hospital so I guess that's why he doesn't go.

It's for my epic scene vid and I didn't really feel that we got the whole story regarding that. It was probably just forgotten about by the time "The Life And Death Of..." was made because she didn't seem that upset with Locke when he visited her.

Thanks for your help
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
Yeah Hurley's in the mental hospital so I guess that's why he doesn't go.

It's for my epic scene vid and I didn't really feel that we got the whole story regarding that. It was probably just forgotten about by the time "The Life And Death Of..." was made because she didn't seem that upset with Locke when he visited her.

Thanks for your help

I bet if Hurley really wanted to go they would have taken him there.

A lot that happens with Locke is very interpretive. Somethings are cut and dry while other things we're forced to think about.

Kate didn't like the fact that Locke returned and tried to guilt trip her to going back to the island because she had major priorities at the moment, and that was Aaron. When he visited her she wasn't PISSED but she wasn't happy either.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm now I need to think about how to put something that is more implied than shown into my video
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was upset he didn't want them to leave the island in season 4. Also the fact that the killed Naomi and wanted to shoot Jack.

JACK: I'm not wrong, Kate. This is it. This is why we're here. [Sighs] This is our destiny.
KATE: Do you know who you sound like? Because he was crazy, too, Jack. You said so yourself.
JACK: Well, maybe I was wrong.
KATE: No, you were right. I'm going back to find the rest of our people, because if I can't stop you, then maybe they can.

The oceanic 6 didn't get to bond with Locke like Juliet, Sawyer and some others did while they were left on the island with him.

So I think the Oceanic 6 wanted to their lives off the island, minus Hurley who knew they had to go back.

That's how I viewed it.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
She was upset he didn't want them to leave the island in season 4. Also the fact that the killed Naomi and wanted to shoot Jack.

JACK: I'm not wrong, Kate. This is it. This is why we're here. [Sighs] This is our destiny.
KATE: Do you know who you sound like? Because he was crazy, too, Jack. You said so yourself.
KATE: No, you were right. I'm going back to find the rest of our people, because if I can't stop you, then maybe they can.

The oceanic 6 didn't get to bond with Locke like Juliet, Sawyer and some others did while they were left on the island with him.

So I think the Oceanic 6 wanted to their lives off the island, minus Hurley who knew they had to go back.

That's how I viewed it.

OMG thank you for quoting that scene!! It is going to fit perfectly . This is what I love about Lost, that just one line can promote a discussion to find the reasoning behind it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
Brooke wrote:

That's how I viewed it.

OMG thank you for quoting that scene!! It is going to fit perfectly . This is what I love about Lost, that just one line can promote a discussion to find the reasoning behind it.

Exactly. Glad I could help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: