Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"F*ck You, Darlton"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: "F*ck You, Darlton" Reply with quote

Some people seriously need to grow up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppU28q1SuOI&feature=player_embedded

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what's annoying about viewers today; they think they're owed something. Granted shows are on the air because of viewers, but that doesn't mean everything has to go their way.

I have been let down by many season finales; but I've never been THAT upset about it.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I find worse than the video is the arguements in the comments.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those comments are awful!

It's basically the most immature jaters and skaters fighting.

Their comments just prove that there are a lot of immature fans who never understood the show at all.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being momentarily amused by the work they put into this as well as the content, I agree, these people are so immature. I understand that people are upset with the pairings that ended up as "fate" or just the mythology of it, but really... It was a good show all around! I didn't understand everything, I didn't get ALL of my questions answered... but I don't consider it a waste of 6 years. It's just a tv show and obviously everyone on here enjoyed it for the most part if we're here vidding it. Let it go and enjoy it for what it was. hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, with the questions. I was annoyed the next day. BUT I got over it because I realized that this show wasn't really about the island, it was more about the characters.

And I'd rather the answers be left up to interpretation then them give me some lame ass cop out answer.

I LOVE TV, but I think this is one of those season finales were it left me as satisfied as a finale can leave me.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was annoyed as hell about the finale on many levels, none of which were shipping, and it soured me on the show to some degree, but... wow, is that bad effort after bad (because I can't call it good effort after bad, necessarily.)

Series finales are tough. Lost's didn't succeed on many levels for me, but I would never go to the effort of that, for that purpose.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
That's what's annoying about viewers today; they think they're owed something. Granted shows are on the air because of viewers, but that doesn't mean everything has to go their way.

You hit the nail on the head with that one, Brooke!

There is a staggering sense of self-entitlement among fans these days. If something doesn't go THEIR way, they feel "cheated" and the story is ruined for them. It's really kind of mind boggling. People have forgotten how to be an audience to the storyteller.

What really gets me is the self-centered nature of that mentality. "I am a Jawyer fan, therefore Jawyer is fate, therefore it must be what EVERYONE wants, therefore anything else is WRONG." Bleh.

There are lots of times I read books, see movies, or watch shows and things don't go they way I hoped they would, but when that happens, I can acknowledge two things: 1) It wasn't my story to tell, 2) Not everyone shares my opinion. That said, I can appreciate a story for what it is, even if I'm unhappy with the outcome.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments for that video are quite upsetting for someone who's an actual fan and really frustrating.

Especially that person saying all the really awful things about Jack.

If you hated the MAIN character that much why would you continue to watch the show?

I get that some people may dislike Jack but she is really going at it. Of course you won't be satisfied when you have such a hatred for someone that has always been a key element of the show
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the video...I stopped watching the video.

I get people have a right to their opinion but she took this WAY too far.

It's more about bitching at the fact that Kate chose Jack.

I know people are upset, I know people that are here who are upset...but I hate when 'jater fans' or any 'fans' are put into a group because of something they like. like calling them all 'close minded' was so extreme because I have met very simple minded Skate fans and that doesn't mean I think all skate fans are close minded.

As much as I loved Lost, it's just a show. It's not meant to please EVERYONE and even the writers said they knew it wasn't going to please everyone.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:

I know people are upset, I know people that are here who are upset...but I hate when 'jater fans' or any 'fans' are put into a group because of something they like. like calling them all 'close minded' was so extreme because I have met very simple minded Skate fans and that doesn't mean I think all skate fans are close minded.

As much as I loved Lost, it's just a show. It's not meant to please EVERYONE and even the writers said they knew it wasn't going to please everyone.

I agree completely. Did you read the comments by AllLoveKateAusten? Actually disgusting! I totally get why some people were disappointed but the people commenting there? They have no valid point more than "well she didn't pick Sawyer". Like seriously, how old are they? They have clearly missed the whole point of what made Lost such an epic show.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This AllHateKateAusten person has like 4-5 other youtube accounts. They sound exactly like her and have similar comments/vids in their faves and she says the exact same thigns about Kate/Jate. It's disgusting. She was majorly harassing AthenaAlexandria just for having Jate vids. Saying that she wanted to call the police on Samara for liking Jate because she must be a harm to children (since Kate was with Jack who was into drugs for a short time) and all this crap, and how Jate fans are a "cult" and really weird stuff that doesn't even make sense. It was ridiculous.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
This AllHateKateAusten person has like 4-5 other youtube accounts. They sound exactly like her and have similar comments/vids in their faves and she says the exact same thigns about Kate/Jate. It's disgusting. She was majorly harassing AthenaAlexandria just for having Jate vids. Saying that she wanted to call the police on Samara for liking Jate because she must be a harm to children (since Kate was with Jack who was into drugs for a short time) and all this crap, and how Jate fans are a "cult" and really weird stuff that doesn't even make sense. It was ridiculous.

I have been attacked by her and all of her aliases. I used to defend myself, but I just stopped. I'll make a comment and if she comments to me, I just ignore her (She wants to argue with someone) They fight until they're blue in the face, with no one responding and then a week later they apologize it's so weird.

But yeah, she's a lot of different users because they say the same things in the same different ways.

I was told I was wrong for liking Jack because he's a old dirty man. But liking Johnny Depp is okay (They're around the same age).

So yeah, I've had encounters with them. They used to raid all of my videos. So I blocked a lot of them because it was getting redundant.

I think the AllKateHate isn't that old. Like a really young teenager who doesn't understand the show's purpose.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
Brooke wrote:

I agree completely. Did you read the comments by AllLoveKateAusten? Actually disgusting! I totally get why some people were disappointed but the people commenting there? They have no valid point more than "well she didn't pick Sawyer". Like seriously, how old are they? They have clearly missed the whole point of what made Lost such an epic show.

Her comments are so screwed up and don't make since as Allie said.

She's been doing this for years. She attacks all the Jaters, Jack, and Kate fans. And she used to put Sawyer on a pedestal until he moved on with Juliet and they called her so many awful names wanted her to die, said she was old, it was really cracked up stuff.

THey just like to upset people because one of the former Kate haters is now a Kate fan but Jack and Sawyer hater. It's so weird.

They love to get people riled up and I ignore her because she really does go away.

She only gets started if people respond to her. (Some of them continue even if you don't respond) But that person wants to be noticed.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:

Because Sawyer is a saint? I love him still but seriously - he conned and killed people!

None of the pairings on Lost are particually destructive nor would fans be dangerous or wierd for liking any of the cannon ships presented to us.

Edward/Bella - now there's a ship I don't understand and she can freely bitch about. But I'm guessing she's the type of person that will love them XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: