Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte)" by Brooke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: "Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte)" by Brooke Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte)" 06-01-2010
Sawyer and Kate are together but hes seeing Charlotte.
Song: Jolene by Mindy Smith
Vidder: Brooke
Length: 2:05 (16.9MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkI-tHKhXM8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkI-tHKhXM8

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

Good job, Brooke! I liked that. I don't think I've seen a triangle vid with the Sawyer/Charlotte clips, or even a Sawyer/Charlotte vid, so awesome job with being original. Good song choice too and shocking ending. Aww
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

3342 wrote:
Good job, Brooke! I liked that. I don't think I've seen a triangle vid with the Sawyer/Charlotte clips, or even a Sawyer/Charlotte vid, so awesome job with being original. Good song choice too and shocking ending. Aww

Thanks! I heard the song and I thought of Charlotte, I wanted to use Daniel but there weren't many scenes with Kate/Daniel.

Thanks, I felt with the ending it just seemed like something that would have happened.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

I loved how you intercut the Sawyer/Charlotte sexyness with Kate saying "Someone who's supposed to care about me..." it made a big impact. So did the end with the explosion to the beat of the song. I've seen many videos end this way but you made it seem much more fresh.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

1131 wrote:
I loved how you intercut the Sawyer/Charlotte sexyness with Kate saying "Someone who's supposed to care about me..." it made a big impact. So did the end with the explosion to the beat of the song. I've seen many videos end this way but you made it seem much more fresh.

Thank you, glad you liked the scene of Kate's speech and Sawyer/Charlotte. I really enjoyed doing that.

And the ending just seemed like Kate, and this song...was so haunting. So I just felt it called for that tragic ending.
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

This was really cleverly done-I especially loved the manip of Kate and Sawyer sitting in their living room not talking to each other, and the lyric about "I could not compare" with Kate fixing herself up in a mirror.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

4018 wrote:
This was really cleverly done-I especially loved the manip of Kate and Sawyer sitting in their living room not talking to each other, and the lyric about "I could not compare" with Kate fixing herself up in a mirror.

Thanks Becca! Yeah, I heard that lyric and I was like "Ooh Kate fixes herself up", so glad Lost provides me with great clips.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Jolene (Kate/Sawyer/Charlotte) by Brooke Reply with quote

Fab story and I loved how you fitted it with the lyrics so well. It's great to see a triangle with these three, I really enjoyed it I really liked how you handled those repeating bits too, they kinda added to how upset Kate was feeling. It was so different, loved it!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, cool triangle brooke!! i really liked the start and how it set up the video this song is great for a story likes this, I like how you clip matched the lyrics as well as telling the story I would have liked more story behind it; but I guess the lyrics explain the story you were telling anyway i really liked the repeating lyric/clips at the end Nice job! Definitely one of your best, IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: