Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be sure to check ALL of the rules, including the maximum run time (3 minutes), before you submit your vid. If you need to re-edit and re-submit your contest vid before the deadline, please contact a CM and we'll be glad to help you!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to change my Epic Scene. I would like to claim the scene with Jack and Kate on Penny's boat in The Little Prince (?). In the scene, Kate tells Jack, 'I've always been with you'.

Macaila
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, does the 3 minute run-time include our credits?

Also, does it need to be 3 minutes on the nose (or under) or is it ok if it goes over a few seconds? My scene is in the three minute range if I chop off the beginning of it, but it will be hard for me to chop it down further.

Thanks!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i change mine to the where do i remember you from scene in the final
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaila and Emma, your scenes have been changed.

Julia, the run time is meant to be the total of the entire vid (like what comes up at the end of the progress bar at Youtube or when you watch it on your computer) not the interior length of the vid without intro/end credit information. However, we'll allow a 3 - 5 second period of grace beyond that to fit your credits in but please keep it as close to the 3 minute mark as possible.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks, Ais!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pull out of this contest. I just don't have enough time this month and its always a huge effort to get my muse to cooperate with a canon vid so I don't think its going to work out right now. So if anyone wants my scene go for it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Nikki! I edited your name out but if you change your mind just let us know!

Looks like I have some spare time this month so I'm claiming Charlie's death scene. Don't think anyone else has claimed it yet!
spicedogs
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away for so long that I am having trouble with the newest contest. Could one of the CM's tell me whether the video I made meets the criteria and whether the way I want to claim it is OK? I may need to have a CM to view the video. Thanks.

Emerson's frappr map: http://www.frappr.com/michaelemersonfans
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spicedogs wrote:
I've been away for so long that I am having trouble with the newest contest. Could one of the CM's tell me whether the video I made meets the criteria and whether the way I want to claim it is OK? I may need to have a CM to view the video. Thanks.

So sorry that you're having trouble with the contest. Tell us more about what's giving you trouble and hopefully we can help you get it straightened out. Particularly, how is it that you want to claim it that's different than just claiming it by telling us which scene from which episode you want?

We've been trying to leave the contests a little more open to vidder interpretation, so basically as long as you meet the following criteria...

1. Claim the scene
2. Make a video based around one scene that you consider to be epic (clips from other eps are allowed but the focus should be on supporting your claimed scene).
3. Make the total run time no longer than 3 minutes (we are allowing a grace period of up to 5 seconds beyond that to fit credits in).
4. Don't use any non-Lost footage, don't make an AU scene up (in other words, the scene you pick needs to have been an actual one in the show), don't make a crossover between Lost and any other fandom, nor make it in trailer format.
5. Put the phrase "June 2010 contest submission" (without the quotes) exactly in the description. You may also include more description than that, just so long as that phrase is in there.

...then you should be all right. But we'll be glad to look it over for you if you're not sure.
spicedogs
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
spicedogs wrote:

So sorry that you're having trouble with the contest. Tell us more about what's giving you trouble and hopefully we can help you get it straightened out. Particularly, how is it that you want to claim it that's different than just claiming it by telling us which scene from which episode you want?

We've been trying to leave the contests a little more open to vidder interpretation, so basically as long as you meet the following criteria...

1. Claim the scene
2. Make a video based around one scene that you consider to be epic (clips from other eps are allowed but the focus should be on supporting your claimed scene).
3. Make the total run time no longer than 3 minutes (we are allowing a grace period of up to 5 seconds beyond that to fit credits in).
4. Don't use any non-Lost footage, don't make an AU scene up (in other words, the scene you pick needs to have been an actual one in the show), don't make a crossover between Lost and any other fandom, nor make it in trailer format.
5. Put the phrase "June 2010 contest submission" (without the quotes) exactly in the description. You may also include more description than that, just so long as that phrase is in there.

...then you should be all right. But we'll be glad to look it over for you if you're not sure.

If you could look it over, it would be good.

Do I give you the link here or privately?

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way you'd prefer is fine.
spicedogs
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OlNwK2vvcQ

PB&J's Doomed Romance

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, will watch right now.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that's a really sweet PB&J vid and I loved the song!

I'm not sure which scene it was built around for the purpose of this contest, though. Charlie's death scene?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: