Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you had any finale or series afterthoughts?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Have you had any finale or series afterthoughts? Reply with quote

I've woken up with afterthoughts about Lost the past three days, so I thought I'd post a place where we can share and discuss our lingering feelings or new revelations.

Any new unanswered questions pop into your head? Have any sudden realizations that something never happened that you'd always hoped to see? Any new theories, thoughts, or speculation occur to you in the night?

This is your thread!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must. Double. Post.

I have to go first because this has been bugging me all day.

Early this morning, I had the following thought:

Who knows where Frank will land his plane, but unless it's on another deserted island (XD), they're not going to have the same control over their ultimate rescue/discovery as they did on Penny's boat. Which means that Frank will be landing somewhere in a plane he took off in several days/weeks ago that went missing. He'll be landing without all but one of the people from the original flight, and this happens to be one of the Oceanic Six, who now has to face the world with the unlikely luck of having survived two commercial plane crashes in roughly the same area over the course of three years.

In addition, Frank will be returning with four people who weren't even on the original flight, two of whom had "perished" in the crash of Flight 815, as far as the rest of the world knows. Miles has been missing from his life for more than three years and, aside from Frank who apparently got back to his life after the O6 were rescued, will be the only survivor of Widmore's freighter crew/island expedition. Granted, the public won't know about that, but I assume Widmore's people will. And they'll also probably want to know what happened to Widmore! Last but not least is poor Richard--he's been off the island, we know that (he recruited Jules at Mittelos Bioscience) and I think we can assume he probably has contacts in the outside world and can track down someone to make him some papers. But, what's his story going to be? Sole survivor of a marooned 19th century slave ship probably isn't going to fly.

This is not a complaint by any stretch, just something that I thought was funny.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really cool thought Julia. I wonder how Sawyer is going to explain himself. I guess he can pull the whole amnesia trick or something As long as Frank can find somewhere remote to land the plane then they can hatch their own plan to get everyone back into civilisation. Richard for that matter has absolutely no records in the modern day world. I guess he's gotta bunk up at one of their places for a while Considering he went off the island from time to time maybe Ben got him a passport and fake id aswell as himself
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm thinking Richard totally has fake papers. Although he probably didn't have any with him, but I bet he has contacts. We never got to find out what connection they had at Mittelos Bioscience that allowed Richard to work from there when he recruited Juliet. Mr. Friendly had a condo and a boyfriend in L.A., so maybe there are Others who were "out of rotation" and not on the island when everything went down. I guess he can crash at someone's house when he goes to let people know they're out of a job.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who are upset that they're 'dead'. I read a lot of people were upset about that and they keep saying that Darlton lied, but they didn't. They said the island wasn't purgatory, and it wasn't.

I am not upset they died because they obviously died so many years later.

I mean in a way most of them were already dead. It was just Kate, Miles, Richard, Claire, and Sawer who left the plane and Ben, Hurley, Rose and Bernard were still on the island.

The alt universe took place years later, so that's why I didn't have a problem with it.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me so long to explain to my mother that the alt-verse wasn't a 'sideways world' or parallel to the island word, it took place years later after each of them died and they created it together to find each other; which I think is beautiful.

But I agree with you Julia, what the Hell is going to happen to the new survivors? Carole knows Claire's alive, and I'm glad that Kate kept her promise to her and is bringing her back so that'll work out. I would have loved to see Claire reunite with Aaron though; but they did the the 'waiting room' of a world so that's okay I guess I like to think Sawyer went back to meet Clementine and was a part of her life, and then maybe he did become a cop. I dunno; part of me wants to stop theorizing all together lol

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that's bothered me - maybe I missed something, but didn't they have to find a special bearing to leave the island? They made a big deal about that in season 4 - that there was a specific bearing they had to follow in order to get away from the island safely. Did they all just forget about this, or did it just not matter any more after the island moved & the bomb went off? *scratches head*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NepEnut wrote:
One thing that's bothered me - maybe I missed something, but didn't they have to find a special bearing to leave the island? They made a big deal about that in season 4 - that there was a specific bearing they had to follow in order to get away from the island safely. Did they all just forget about this, or did it just not matter any more after the island moved & the bomb went off? *scratches head*

I inda took it that Jacob made it this way, because Ben said "that was how Jacob ran things" to Hurley when tlaking about getting Desmond home. So I think with Jacob dead, it no longer applies.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my theory but I think it's really cool.. Jack was spat out the exact same way as MIB was spat out against the branch in Across the Sea. I know Jack was still alive and went to die after but could it be possible that after he died.. Jack would become the new smoke monster?

As a side thought I definetly think that the crazy mom of MIB and Jacob was a smoke monster, all the clues point to it. I think she died with the knife and left a body because she was killed with the special knife without talking to someone.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara was JUST saying that to me a few hours ago, Paul. That it's possible that Jack could be the new smoke monster, even though the writers did seem to mean for him to be dead. Mostly she was just wondering why he wasn't one. I hadn't thought of that though.

I think so too, Paul. I was watching an Entertainment Weekly group of vids on youtube with Titus Welliver and Mark Pellagrino and I think she really must have been.

And as for what Abby said, I agree with Debbie and always assumed that Jacob had some "magical" hold on the island and once he died, however he "did things" was stopped.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Not my theory but I think it's really cool.. Jack was spat out the exact same way as MIB was spat out against the branch in Across the Sea. I know Jack was still alive and went to die after but could it be possible that after he died.. Jack would become the new smoke monster?

As a side thought I definetly think that the crazy mom of MIB and Jacob was a smoke monster, all the clues point to it. I think she died with the knife and left a body because she was killed with the special knife without talking to someone.

Titus believed she was the smoke monster too. Especially because the way she killed all of the humans he was working with was the same way MIB kills them in Sundown, massacre. There is no way a normal person could have done what she did.

And plus, I think she knew not to go down there from personal experience.

I don't think Jack is the Smoke monster because he wasn't the new Jacob anymore.

I also believe he wasn't the smoke monster because when he went down there the 'light was turned off' because the 'cork' was unplugged and he put it on there.

MIB was tossed down there into the light, I think it was different.

And we don't know how Jack was brought out because we didn't see it, we just saw him in the swamp alive. When MIB was brought out he was dead.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as to the Ajira Six as I call them... I think Richard probably has fake papers, or at least contacts, like Ben said he has contacts that can get Miles that 3.2 million bucks, maybe they're the same people. also I guess if it were me, I'd say they crashed on the same island they were on before, and found Claire and Sawyer or maybe just sort of slip into the world incognito like Michael and Walt did
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard's been on and off the island before, so I bet he has contacts.

And as for Miles, I have to assume that the mission he went on for Widemore wasn't discussed much because Widemore wouldn't want people to know about the island.

Or they could simply just tell the truth. GASP.

The only reason they lied about the island and everything that happened was because of Widemore.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thoughts, everyone!!!

Kat: Yeah, I hope Sawyer would connect with Clementine. In my mind, I think Kate and Sawyer hook up, but she ends up with Jack in the end because he was her "soulmate" and--much like Jack and Juliet together in the "waiting room world"--Skate was just something that had to be further explored in their lives. It was part of a grand resolution for those for people, perhaps. They all got a shot at each other. Like you, I'm often torn between speculating further and not wanting to think about it too much. Heehee!

Abby: I agree with Debbie and Allie about the whole bearing thing being part of Jacob's way of running things. Either that, or maybe Frank had some idea of what that bearing was, because he did fly the helicopter to the island from the freighter afterall.

Paul: Ooo! Interesting theories! I don't think Jack was a smoke monster--I kind of wonder if the person had to have evil in their heart in order for that to happen, and Jack just didn't? I love the idea that the mom was one, though. Although, wouldn't that have made her the evil entity that the light had to be protected from? She had access to the light but didn't put it out, so now I'm not sure. Hmmm. Definitely need to think on that one some more!

Millie: I'm thinking they probably won't be able to slip into society incognito, though, because that's a pretty big plane and he's gonna have to land it somewhere and it'll show up on radar at some point.

Brooke: I think even though Widmore's not around anymore, they probably figure there are others out there who might already know about the island or try to find it if they hear about it, so hopefully they came up with one heck of a whopper to protect the island and themselves. LOL!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of viewed it as Widemore's team is dead now. I think what Widemore did was off the radar with his company it's why he hired colorful individuals to go to the island in the first place.

I also think Widemore wanted to go back to the island just because it was his home. I doubt theirs any others like Widemore...that's just me. And Eloise, I doubt ever wanted to go back, otherwise she would have gone.

I think killing Daniel and knowing she had to send him back took a toll on her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: